Official Game Thread: Utah vs. Oklahoma State

Hey mods! I had a post removed for questioning whether an announcer was one of those fellers who is attracted to other fellers. This post seems more politically incorrect. Though I don't mind letting his post slide because political correctness is absolute bullsh*t!
It was removed because the Utah game thread is not the place for political debate, first amendment diatribes, and “I thought this was America” posts.

It was inappropriate and I sent you the reason why it was deleted.

Let it go dude.

Good game, guys. This will be a fun conference. OSU is a good team, and it was cool to see them not give up and make it a game at the end. But for all of you on here who are saying OSU was the better team, you would've won if Bowman wasn't benched, etc. - I mean, come on. That's nonsense. Just tip your hat to Utah and move on. The biggest reason that OSU's offense struggled was b/c of Utah's defense. Utah's defense dominated everything OSU tried to do for 90% of that game. And Utah's super conservative defense late in the game was also a reason OSU was able to make some big plays and come back...but I tip my hat to OSU and the final score was 22-19 (it was a hard fought battle and close game). Just give credit where credit is due. As a reminder: we were playing w/ our TRUE FRESHMAN BACKUP QB. We were also missing the captain of our defense (our rover linebacker who is a very experienced senior and arguably the best player we have that's not on our D line). And for what it's worth, we were missing our best D end as well. In your place in that supposedly crazy heat and humidity, w/ our backup true freshman QB, missing a couple of our best players on defense...just tip your hat so we don't lose respect for you.

Truth, hate to say it but it was domination. Absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth, hate to say it but it was domination. Absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Yes and no. Utah did a good job of shutting down a few of our running plays but we didn't try different run schemes or misdirection to get them off their game. It felt like we just gave up on the run. Then we'd miss a 15-20 yard pass play down the field and we're behind the down and distance and then we'd throw into coverage and then punt.

On the radio postgame interview Gundy stated they didn’t abandon the run game. WTH?! Ollie had 11 carries, that is an average of less than 3 per quarter! He and Dunn are smoking something.

Same pattern as the Arkansas game. Run it on 1st down, get stuffed. Try to go fast & Bowmans not sharp. 30 second possession.

Only Utah wasn’t putting scores up.

We’ve got to figure out more high percentage passes and creative ways to get OG the ball when Bowman isn’t on. It’s panic mode instead.

Yes and no. Utah did a good job of shutting down a few of our running plays but we didn't try different run schemes or misdirection to get them off their game. It felt like we just gave up on the run. Then we'd miss a 15-20 yard pass play down the field and we're behind the down and distance and then we'd throw into coverage and then punt.

You can justify it however you want. OSU was dominated on both sides of the line of scrimmage all day. The only reason the game was close was because Utah took their foot off the gas on defense and ran the ball, predictably to burn clock late in the game.

OSU has been soft on the line for a few years now. TU was pushing the offensive line into the backfield last week - that is awful play.

The play calling wasn't great but it's hard to call plays when both you're qbs and receivers are playing so inconsistent. It was a full offensive failure. Every group was bad. And don't tell me it was their d because it wasn't.

Jack Nicholson Movie GIF

The play calling wasn't great but it's hard to call plays when both you're qbs and receivers are playing so inconsistent. It was a full offensive failure. Every group was bad. And don't tell me it was their d because it wasn't.
Utah does have a good defense, but you are right: our QB play was spotty in the first three quarters. On the other hand, it would have been nice to see that screen to Ollie in the first quarter, and maybe some other things to loosen up the defense.

Utah does have a good defense, but you are right: our QB play was spotty in the first three quarters. On the other hand, it would have been nice to see that screen to Ollie in the first quarter, and maybe some other things to loosen up the defense.
They weren’t as dominant as the number looked. There were a lot of things left out on the field.

But they’ll say the same thing.

Yeah. That was a good play. It was just frustrating that when the receivers were open we missed them, and then when we threw the right ball they dropped it, turned over the wrong shoulder or got punked in press coverage. Just do your damn job to an average level and we win by two scores.

Back