Official Game Thread: West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State

I’ll never understand as a guy making $9M+/season why you wouldn’t sacrifice maybe $1M and get an elite play caller? Take $8M one year, pay someone like Knowles or Monken the $1.5-2M to stay a few years and continue to build the momentum, then you reap that extra million down the road with long term success. I just don’t get how an above avg coach who has lucked through many wins gets $9M/Season but we lose Knowles over like $500k. Terrible business decisions

I’ll never understand as a guy making $9M+/season why you wouldn’t sacrifice maybe $1M and get an elite play caller? Take $8M one year, pay someone like Knowles or Monken the $1.5-2M to stay a few years and continue to build the momentum, then you reap that extra million down the road with long term success. I just don’t get how an above avg coach who has lucked through many wins gets $9M/Season but we lose Knowles over like $500k. Terrible business decisions

Mark Richt tried it, and the NCAA zinged him for it.

We could get a pretty good coordinator for what we pay Dunn now. Gundy has to get over his ego and pull the trigger.

Easy now trigger!!! They won ten games last year and made it to the championship game in Dallas!!! What the hell happened to that team, which is essentially the same outfit from last year, is the big question!!!
I went back and looked at the box scores from the games last year. In 7 of the 10 games that OSU won last year, they were either losing at half or winning at half by less than one score. In 5 of those games, they were outright losing. In the second half, Ollie would go off and OSU would win. It appears that this season is a regression to the mean. These losses look a lot like the losses last year. Listless offense, non-existent defense.

Exactly what I was wondering while at the game. Worst performance ( or non-performance ) by an OSU team I’ve seen in a while. WTH man?
Last year was an anomaly. We were 12 point underdogs against Kstate, and rightfully so. The margin between off PPG and def PPG was 1, which is about as statistically small as it could be and still have a team with a winning record. There's a reason vegas had us at 7 wins to start the season. We weren't a great or even good team last year. We struck lightning in a bottle with Ollie. We got exposed in the B12 title game. If arky hadn't shot themselves in the foot, we'd be 2-4 right now.

I went back and looked at the box scores from the games last year. In 7 of the 10 games that OSU won last year, they were either losing at half or winning at half by less than one score. In 5 of those games, they were outright losing. In the second half, Ollie would go off and OSU would win. It appears that this season is a regression to the mean. These losses look a lot like the losses last year. Listless offense, non-existent defense.
Ok, did those games end up in the win column or the loss column? That is what counts in the end! I just don’t have the HATE (Poke 2010) some of you have for these players and coaches, I reserve that for politicians!!! 😵‍💫

Ok, did those games end up in the win column or the loss column? That is what counts in the end! I just don’t have the HATE (Poke 2010) some of you have for these players and coaches, I reserve that for politicians!!! 😵‍💫
I didn't say I hate them. I was merely responding to the question about what happened between this year and last year. I was pointing out that we used strong second halves to win games that were either close at half or we were losing. So the 10 win season was a little bit of lightning in a bottle, as someone else mentioned, because Ollie Gordon was an unknown. Now they scheme to take him out of the game and we can't either scheme a way out of it or excute well enough to make up for it.

Back