Official Game Thread: West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State

totally agree it is a dumb system they have created...but just because they make a lot of money now, that doesn't mean they don't need a little motivation from coaches...WV players have NIL $$ also....
You think he's quit trying to motivate them? All he did was say in a media interview that they're adults and should be motivated already. They should, they're getting paid a bunch of money on top of a free education at the greatest university in the world.

And we know what Gundy says to the media is not what he's saying in that locker room. Don't overreact to one sentence out of a press conference.

You think he's quit trying to motivate them? All he did was say in a media interview that they're adults and should be motivated already. They should, they're getting paid a bunch of money on top of a free education at the greatest university in the world.

And we know what Gundy says to the media is not what he's saying in that locker room. Don't overreact to one sentence out of a press conference.
not overreacting...don't overreact to what people say on a message board...

It's perplexing, to say the least.
Not it’s not. Not at all. WRs have not liked Bowman at all. A 2nd yr of planning gives DCs film to scheme against a below avg QB. Gundy will not give $ to OL because he was scared of disrupting locker room. He shot down fundraising efforts for OL. Read Jason Brooks comments. Gundy needs to go!

After listening to his press conference, I can't say how disappointed I am in Gundy. There was no fire or emotion. He is on a 3 game losing streak and just was nonchalant in his demeanor and attitude. I hope President Shrum watched it and was pissed because that conference will not help donors or recruits. Pathetic

OU and Texas leave the conference and our first season without those two with our most experienced team and we lay an egg on the season 😂😂😂. So much for being the new top dog!!

After listening to his press conference, I can't say how disappointed I am in Gundy. There was no fire or emotion. He is on a 3 game losing streak and just was nonchalant in his demeanor and attitude. I hope President Shrum watched it and was pissed because that conference will not help donors or recruits. Pathetic
I don’t understand how you guys watch the press conferences. They just piss me off more than I already am.

I don’t understand how you guys watch the press conferences. They just piss me off more than I already am.
It wasn't easy. I was hoping Gundog would breath some fire in the program and chart a path forward. Instead, he just said 1) he can't comment because he hasn't seen the film and 2) they missed tackles and need to run the ball.

To me it seems he knows what the weaknesses are (film don’t lie) but doesn’t have the talent or depth to fix it.

My issues are the 5th yr OL & Dickey who on the surface appears to have not done anything for 5yrs. Not one lineman even close to professional football next year. Poof be gone.

DL- same boat. Zero NFL talent. Weak front 3-4 creates disadvantages for LBs. LBs are completely guessing because we have shown such simplicity in our schemes that OCs have pinpointed when and where to attack every play.

My ANGER starts with…the dumba** coach who is the CEO who won’t “fundraise” to fix the issue. He wants “culture” which means players work hard and don’t question anything. They accept sitting on the bench waiting for older players to graduate. Enough of this crap MG, DOOO YOURRR JOBBB!! Plan. Fundraise. Hire better. Adapt. Buy NFL talent.

Just like John Smith, if you don’t adapt it’s time to be gone. Both coaches have dug a hole in their programs. Thank God we had a multimillionaire in OKC who gave OSU a blank check to hire DT. I’m friends with Coleman but he’s not getting us out of the wrestling rut. Gundy will not get us out of this rut.

The bad news is that we lose just about everyone after this year. The cupboard will by bare. No offense to Sesi, but he may be our "feature" back--he's barely D1 material. Without major change--starting at the top--we're going to become a B12 bottom-feeder.

One thing I wonder--Gundy says it takes a young QB about 15 games to fully grasp OSU's offensive system. That, just by itself, is absurd. Freshman QB's all over the place are playing and playing well--sometimes against us. No reason it should be that difficult.

What is so hard to grasp? Opposing DC's grasp it in one week of gameplanning as they have managed to shut down our run game AND our pass game. All I see are fades thrown no matter the coverage, with the occasional quick screen. Intermediate routes are few and far between.

The bad news is that we lose just about everyone after this year. The cupboard will by bare. No offense to Sesi, but he may be our "feature" back--he's barely D1 material. Without major change--starting at the top--we're going to become a B12 bottom-feeder.
I can’t think of any young players that I am excited about. Roberson looked good and then unfortunately when I looked him up I learned he is a senior as well.

Let’s be real, our conf blows anyway

The good news is that we can finally do something to make a difference. This will be the most important offseason in program history and our NIL contributions will determine what kind of team we put on the field.

This is by far the most disappointed I’ve ever been regarding Oklahoma State football. This team had all of the momentum, experience heading into this season and have flat out laid an egg. It’s one thing to lose but to get ran out of the stadium 2 weeks in a row is flat out unacceptable. Big, big changes better be made this offseason by Gundy top to bottom not just coordinators. He also better self evaluate and make changes regarding himself.

I’ve defended Nardo and gave him the benefit of the doubt. I was fully expecting to see some improvements this season. I’ll eat my crow. We are consistently not lined up right, out of our gaps, have two guys in the same gap, lose the edge, have no one for cutback, fit the run incorrectly and do not wrap up. Those are fundamental that have little to do with talent.

I listened to the Game Day Live at Eskimo Joes post game on my drive home from the game. Rex Holt said he heard that Nick Martin is out for the year with a meniscus injury. He also stated that he heard Zane Flores has a broken bone in his foot and it has not healed like they thought it would and may need surgery.

Sounds like neither of those two will be available the remainder of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His cute comments like “I’ll be there early in the morning if anyone wants to come talk to me”. Cut the sh!t out and act like you care for once on the surface. Act like you care for these kids and they aren’t just a pawn for your millions. Act like you’ll do whatever it takes to help them have success. Act like the fans filling the stadium matter and show some fight. Act like the $100,000s being poured into the NIL mean something and use it to fill holes. Act like a championship caliber coach for once in your life and cut out the cutesy crap

Back