Official Game Thread: West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State

I normally make sure I get all of my chores done early so that I can watch OSU football (It has been that way for the last 20 years since I graduated). After the last two weeks, and with all of the changes in college football (transfer protal, NIL, etc.) I just didn't have that sense of urgency so today I missed all of the first half. What I did see has been an epic failure. Gundy needs to make some drastic changes (a la Purdue) or Weiberg needs to be the one making drastic changes starting at the top.

Listening to the stats on the post game is depressing
Yeah, they really don’t know what to say. They tried to pin a lot on Nick Martin not being there to stop the run, but then John mentions how many big chunk plays they’re giving up.

Dave has been on repeat the last 3 weeks basically just saying last year was a gimmick with the counter offensive run game.

Gundy Post-Game Presser:

Regarding the offensive scheme: "Our scheme is fine."

Okay, I'm on board with getting rid of Gundy now. I really have been hesitant to get behind moving on from Gundy, but that pushed me over the edge. Dude- you had 6 total yards in the 1st quarter after penalties and negative plays. Your scheme is not fine. Fire your buddy and make meaningful changes.

Didn't watch after we were down 24-0, but saw Rangel came in and went 4-5 with a TD. Did Bowman get benched or hurt? Is his career over now? Can we play a ypunger guy and get rid of Dunn over the bye week?

Gundy Post-Game Presser:

Okay, I'm on board with getting rid of Gundy now. I really have been hesitant to get behind moving on from Gundy, but that pushed me over the edge. Dude- you had 6 total yards in the 1st quarter after penalties and negative plays. Your scheme is not fine. Fire your buddy and make meaningful changes.
Unfortunately he has us over the barrel unless some rich guys want to make a change.

Gundy Post-Game Presser:

More evidence that Gundy does not care enough to change anything to win.

He is just collecting a paycheck.

Back