Official Game Thread: Utah vs. Oklahoma State

Sorry to have disrespected you on your forum. My comment was salty and uncalled for. I was just excited about the win and was curious to see what OSU fans thought about the game given this was our first Big 12 test. So I got a little fired up when I read a bunch of comments that talked about how OSU was actually the better team and how benching Bowman was why they lost, etc. Utah fans in general actually do have a huge amount of respect for OSU. The majority of our fans don't think we have a better program than OSU (or KSU or TCU). We would view ourselves as being in the same tier. And as for the reputation we have about being "disappointed" to be in the Big 12, I mean...it's not a disrespect thing. Just like you guys are I'm sure disappointed that Texas and OU bolted for the SEC, we are way bummed we don't get to play USC, Oregon, and UW anymore. We knew we weren't getting into the Big 10 and so most fans I know were thrilled about making it into the Big 12 (despite being way disappointed about the Pac 12 meltdown). Anyway, 95% of the fans I know thought OSU on the road was for sure a loss, especially when Wilson started QB for us. So I guess I just felt pretty amped up that our team beat a great program like OSU on the road given the injuries we had and I wanted to talk a little smack to those of you who didn't/don't want to give our guys credit. Like I said, I was out of line talking trash on your own forum though (so my apologies and I feel bad that this was a poor reflection of our fan base). OSU is a great program and I hope we have a bunch more great battles in the future!
I apologize for my post referring to you being similar to another religion and its practices (Sorry Mods) I did give your team A TON OF CREDIT AND SAID YOUR DEFENSE WAS THE DIFFERENCE TODAY! YOU CAN LOOK UP THE POST AND SAID IT KNOWING OUR FAN BASE WOULDN’T LIKE IT BECAUSE THE LOSS WAS STILL FRESH AND AN OPEN WOUND!!! Utah was the better team today, something our fan base also won’t like hearing!!! ✌️

What we’re all getting at is the unexpected, completely flat performances.

We were used to more consistent performances, not the total no show for a half, 3 quarters that we’ve seen the last two seasons.
I'm with you. It's frustrating. Just trying to say positive. Nothing I saw today says we can't kick their, or anyone else in the Big 12s, azz if we play well. Just need to get our sh!t together.

Last edited by a moderator:
43 min to 17 min time of possession, WOW, that’s awful. Gundy clearly noticed the crowd’s frustration in the 3Q on 4th and 2 near the 50. He talked about it on both the radio and in the press conference saying “why would you go for it, we hadn’t converted anything to that point”. Maybe to finally try and stay on the field and give your D a break? And give your O some confidence on sustaining a drive? I mean, I could see both sides there but he acted like it was a no brainer.
Any chance of coming back was gone once he decided to punt. Rangel wasn’t great but he had some rhythm at that point and we just gave up and punted Instead.

Gundog has started seasons coaching like it's a side hustle, and then he gets the team in shape to play well. Maybe this year too.

BYU is giving the Cats all they want.

Gundy said after the game he didn’t like the plan on offense and that has been the 3rd time he has said that this year alone. Shouldn’t the head man have a say and approve on the plan, or at least the opening script? Gundy is the most successful coach in OSU football history but his CEO approach doesn’t work with subpar coordinators like Kasey Dunn. Get involved. Take ownership. Mike hired him and hasn’t fired him, so he needs to be more involved if he isn’t going to make the tough decision in letting him go.

Gundy said after the game he didn’t like the plan on offense and that has been the 3rd time he has said that this year alone. Shouldn’t the head man have a say and approve on the plan, or at least the opening script? Gundy is the most successful coach in OSU football history but his CEO approach doesn’t work with subpar coordinators like Kasey Dunn. Get involved. Take ownership. Mike hired him and hasn’t fired him, so he needs to be more involved if he isn’t going to make the tough decision in letting him go.
We clearly need more adaptability than to just’go fast’ when the initial runs don’t work.
It’s happening every game because our opponents know that stopping OG is first priority, & our WB is inconsistent.

We clearly need more adaptability than to just’go fast’ when the initial runs don’t work.
It’s happening every game because our opponents know that stopping OG is first priority, & our WB is inconsistent.
For an OC, the question is always, What are the defense's weaknesses, and how do we attack them? Sometimes, I get the feeling that our OC just calls plays he likes, rather than finding lines of attack that exploit whatever weaknesses or tendencies he found in the film room.

Back