Official Game Thread: Utah vs. Oklahoma State

43 min to 17 min time of possession, WOW, that’s awful. Gundy clearly noticed the crowd’s frustration in the 3Q on 4th and 2 near the 50. He talked about it on both the radio and in the press conference saying “why would you go for it, we hadn’t converted anything to that point”. Maybe to finally try and stay on the field and give your D a break? And give your O some confidence on sustaining a drive? I mean, I could see both sides there but he acted like it was a no brainer.

Sorry to have disrespected you on your forum. My comment was salty and uncalled for. I was just excited about the win and was curious to see what OSU fans thought about the game given this was our first Big 12 test. So I got a little fired up when I read a bunch of comments that talked about how OSU was actually the better team and how benching Bowman was why they lost, etc. Utah fans in general actually do have a huge amount of respect for OSU. The majority of our fans don't think we have a better program than OSU (or KSU or TCU). We would view ourselves as being in the same tier. And as for the reputation we have about being "disappointed" to be in the Big 12, I mean...it's not a disrespect thing. Just like you guys are I'm sure disappointed that Texas and OU bolted for the SEC, we are way bummed we don't get to play USC, Oregon, and UW anymore. We knew we weren't getting into the Big 10 and so most fans I know were thrilled about making it into the Big 12 (despite being way disappointed about the Pac 12 meltdown). Anyway, 95% of the fans I know thought OSU on the road was for sure a loss, especially when Wilson started QB for us. So I guess I just felt pretty amped up that our team beat a great program like OSU on the road given the injuries we had and I wanted to talk a little smack to those of you who didn't/don't want to give our guys credit. Like I said, I was out of line talking trash on your own forum though (so my apologies and I feel bad that this was a poor reflection of our fan base). OSU is a great program and I hope we have a bunch more great battles in the future!

I call it empathy...look it up
It was definitely an odd game in a number of ways.

31st half TO’s lead to zero points.

Utah mediocre on 3rd downs, but great on 4th downs.

Missed FG’s.

Bowman absolutely atrocious.

Our backup QB can’t hit a guy when the DB falls down.

Our OL continuing to struggle, but the OC apparently has no idea how to get the ball to our best player-despite the other team not putting scores up.

Our KO returns-wtf was that?

It was definitely an odd game in a number of ways.

31st half TO’s lead to zero points.

Utah mediocre on 3rd downs, but great on 4th downs.

Missed FG’s.

Bowman absolutely atrocious.

Our backup QB can’t hit a guy when the DB falls down.

Our OL continuing to struggle, but the OC apparently has no idea how to get the ball to our best player-despite the other team not putting scores up.

Our KO returns-wtf was that?
Honest question.... who is our best player?

Sorry to have disrespected you on your forum. My comment was salty and uncalled for. I was just excited about the win and was curious to see what OSU fans thought about the game given this was our first Big 12 test. So I got a little fired up when I read a bunch of comments that talked about how OSU was actually the better team and how benching Bowman was why they lost, etc. Utah fans in general actually do have a huge amount of respect for OSU. The majority of our fans don't think we have a better program than OSU (or KSU or TCU). We would view ourselves as being in the same tier. And as for the reputation we have about being "disappointed" to be in the Big 12, I mean...it's not a disrespect thing. Just like you guys are I'm sure disappointed that Texas and OU bolted for the SEC, we are way bummed we don't get to play USC, Oregon, and UW anymore. We knew we weren't getting into the Big 10 and so most fans I know were thrilled about making it into the Big 12 (despite being way disappointed about the Pac 12 meltdown). Anyway, 95% of the fans I know thought OSU on the road was for sure a loss, especially when Wilson started QB for us. So I guess I just felt pretty amped up that our team beat a great program like OSU on the road given the injuries we had and I wanted to talk a little smack to those of you who didn't/don't want to give our guys credit. Like I said, I was out of line talking trash on your own forum though (so my apologies and I feel bad that this was a poor reflection of our fan base). OSU is a great program and I hope we have a bunch more great battles in the future!
I appreciate that. Look me up when we play in Dallas. I'll buy you a beer after we kick your ass. 😀

It wasn’t that bad, caught some people with salt (no pun intended) in open wounds. You’ve lived it as well.

I hope we play again.

There you go. Good on you to come back and clear the air on your previous post. You were speaking the truth in your first post, but that last comment just overshadowed it all.

I've never known or, as far as I know, even met a person from Utah, a Utahn, if you will.

I find them to be people with a lot on their minds.

Back