Official Game Thread: Utah vs. Oklahoma State

There are ways to get Gordon the ball on the edge or in space that even Bowman can’t screw up. If your argument is Dunn doesn’t know how then that’s incompetence. If your argument is that he hasn’t considered it then that’s incompetence. Bottom line is that getting Gordon involved should probably be at the top of the priority list and through a stretch of 3 games it hasn’t happened. There’s no excuse.

I've posted at least a dozen times about getting the ball to Ollie outside of the tackles.

I can also see WRs running free and the QB not hitting them.

I think this is worse. We expected to compete for the conference. We are now competing for the fair debt credit Union bowl
I did not expect that actually.

Our offense is the same it’s been since Dunn took over. Same poor line was lauded and celebrated, and paid for, with zero new players. In fact, we took our best run blocker and benched him. That unit was always going to keep us out of contention.

It was smoke and mirrors.

I did not expect that actually.

Our offense is the same it’s been since Dunn took over. Same poor line was lauded and celebrated, and paid for, with zero new players. In fact, we took our best run blocker and benched him. That unit was always going to keep us out of contention.

It was smoke and mirrors.
In the NIL era this becomes even more frustrating. Those guys were literally fundraised to stay for their final year and they have just been absolutely awful. I am a die hard but not enough to pay these players when they have performances like they did yesterday. Granted I’m no Boone or the Greenwoods, but I would rather do anything else with my money than help fund an OLine, QB, etc that looks uninterested and downright incapable.

Defense was on the field for 42 minutes vs. 18 for the offense in 100 degree heat. The offense gave the defense no time to rest

Football players need a chance to rest. Our offense continually jammed up our defense.
We were down just 7 points halfway through the 3rd quarter. The defense kept us in the game up to then. Our defense played well considering what the offense did.

Defense was on the field for 42 minutes vs. 18 for the offense in 100 degree heat. The offense gave the defense no time to rest

Football players need a chance to rest. Our offense continually jammed up our defense.
Our fanbase is schizophrenic. Defense plays 75% of the game and they believe that unit was the issue because they gave up yards. Same with Arkansas game. meanwhile the entire other unit is a no show but “look at all the yards they game up!!!!”

Look at all the ones the offense didn’t go get.

We used to be a Ferrari on offense. Now we’re not even a go kart. The game has continued to get more creative on offense . We’ve gone the other way. And for what continuity? Continuity of crap is still crap.

Our fanbase is schizophrenic. Defense plays 75% of the game and they believe that unit was the issue because they gave up yards. Same with Arkansas game. meanwhile the entire other unit is a no show but “look at all the yards they game up!!!!”

We used to be a Ferrari on offense. Now we’re not even a go kart. The game has continued to get more creative on offense . We’ve gone the other way. And for what continuity? Continuity of crap is still crap.
We no longer take what the defense gives us. Gundy is bound and determined to establish the run but it ain’t happening.

He's dating Dunn's daughter. He's not gonna throw his GF's dad under the bus.
Presley is a great player and a class kid.
Were you hoping or expecting he would? I know you hate Dunn but BP just manned up and told the truth. He's a stud.

And on the really bright side, I was sure he was concussed after that hit. Thankfully he's good to go.

Were you hoping or expecting he would? I know you hate Dunn but BP just manned up and told the truth. He's a stud.

And on the really bright side, I was sure he was concussed after that hit. Thankfully he's good to go.
No, I never think playing out internal drama out publicly, especially after an avoidable loss is wise in or out of football.

I'm an OSU football fan. I want the show on the field, not a reality show.

I don't hate Dunn. He did a great job as a WR Position coach. He's had his shot at OC. He's not an OC. He was a reach as a hire.
If I recall, we had planned to hire Marcus Arroyo as OC from Oregon, but he got handed the UNLV head coaching job and took that and Dunn was a panic hire. Gundy almost never fires coaches and coordinators if you look at his track record.

Last edited:
Yep. Gundy wants a 50-50 run-pass ratio. Whatever happened to take what the defense gives you? That worked well. When you do that, the ratios will work themselves out.
Here is one for you Capt! The couple of times we went wildcat with either Gordon or Pressley we picked up good yardage! I would have run that ten or eleven times in this game because Utah was unprepared for it and they caught Utahs defense leaning one direction then countered and went the opposite way!!! 🤔

Here is what is in the arsenal that they don’t use, I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT! You actually saw one today with the wildcat look with Gordon and Pressley, they have a few pop pass plays where, if executed properly the tight end or flanker is running down the field wide open with nothing but green turf in front of them, the counter pitch which I guess they have used a couple of times! A delayed Utah pass which again if executed properly can leave a back with the middle wide open with lots of running space and of course one of my favorites is a slightly modified Statue of Liberty, hello Boise State!!!

Back