Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Kansas State

How was he so good for so long at KSU? It's like he's stopped trying, things have moved past him, or he's being asked to teach something he doesn't like/agree with.
He was good at KSU just like every other coach at KSU is good on the oline. They have 2 huge JUCOs feeder schools. These jucos have legitimate talent. It’s easy to be good when you are given talent just like coaching at a blue blood. Obviously, KSU is not a blue blood but they have access to a better talent pool in their own backyard

That because Bowman see’s it coming and throws it into the stands or into the ground out in the flat or at somebody’s feet so he isn’t sacked. About his only option a lot of the time it seems.
We may not have Okungs across the line but We do have a good enough line to win in the Big 12. I believe we have the best receiving Corp and best running back in the Big 12 as well.
Our offensive impotence comes down to Kasey Dunn and Bowman. I don't think either is solely to blame. Bowman flat out missed multiple open receivers today. Dunn should have ran the effing ball more and not run qb draws in the red zone and for the love of God stop throwing the WR fade down the sideline seemingly every 3rd down. We had control of this game and a chance to land the KO blow in the 1st half. I believe we could should have been up 3Tds with better play calling and execution. The offense just looks unorganized and has since Dunn took over.

Our offensive line coach is terrible and I mean that in best way. I don’t like dunn but this Dickey guy is absolutely horrible. We need to pay Henson to come back or find a legitimate division 1 coach that knows how to recruit and develop. Probably a guy like wickline. We need to do this very soon. Dunn is bad but priority one in the off season is finding a Dickey replacement
I miss Wickline

Gundy has to be one of the easiest HC’s to work for. You get paid great. You can do a crap job week after week and Gundy protects you and you don’t have to answer any questions. Nobody ever gets fired. Life as a OSU coordinator or assistant is good.

I’ve supported Gundy and had his back for years. This loss and the state of the way things are heading is 100% on him. He has to make changes. This is a profession, you can’t continue to allow things like this to happen because you don’t like firing people. His refusal to make changes at the coordinator positions is going to cost him tremendously. It is completely obvious that Dunn is simply not a play caller. Doesn’t make him a bad coach. But simply means he doesn’t need to be the one calling plays. If Gundy refuses to make changes, this program will suffer big time and tarnish his legacy and mark on Oklahoma State football. He deserves to go out on great terms with the program in great shape for someone to take over and for that reason alone, he has to do something. 2022 was brutal, last year was on track to be brutal and tbh we were extremely lucky to have the the season we had. That team honestly had no business playing in the Big 12 championship game.

When Nardo took over we had the #2 ranked D in the country. He’s now successfully guided us to the bottom of nearly every defensive statistic, the bottom of the B12 on D, and the 120’s in FBS. Sam’s right, make a wish hire…HA. Unless you’re just a lifelong OSU fan, no clue how any recruit could see this crap he is throwing out and be interested. Got to imagine defensive players are going to be hitting the portal hard after this season. There can’t be much confidence from the players in their DC.
https://twitter.com/AllmericanMayes/status/1840063667124985964

I miss Wickline
I thought he was great until his last couple of years when he got complacent and a little lazy in recruiting!!! He left us with a mess for about three years 2014- 2016 that didn’t get fixed until Henson returned in 2017!!! He never really had the success he did at OSU at either Texas under Strong or West Virginia under Holgersen!!! 🤔

When Nardo took over we had the #2 ranked D in the country. He’s now successfully guided us to the bottom of nearly every defensive statistic, the bottom of the B12 on D, and the 120’s in FBS. Sam’s right, make a wish hire…HA. Unless you’re just a lifelong OSU fan, no clue how any recruit could see this crap he is throwing out and be interested. Got to imagine defensive players are going to be hitting the portal hard after this season. There can’t be much confidence from the players in their DC.
Jesus Christ. There's not one thing in this post that is correct.

He took over after Derek Mason led us to an 115th ranked (YPG) defense. In scoring, we were 89th.

Just stop. And as a fan base, we need to stop looking at the ONE season under Knowles were we had an elite defense and acting like that's the "standard" around here. As much as I would love defense to be our identifying characteristic, we haven't been good on defense in back-to-back years in this millennia. We used to have an identity- offensive firepower. Gundy crushed that. Now we have nothing, but the easiest thing to fix with Gundy as HC is the offense. Let's fix that, then worry about trying to fire a DC who's not even 1.5 seasons into his job.

Edit: And before anyone gets me wrong- we absolutely should have paid up to keep Knowles around. Not that we would continue to have an elite defense- that was due more to the fact that we had a supremely experienced and talented defensive group with one of the better linebackers our program has ever seen. However, the fact that we kept throwing money at Dunn and didn't pony up to keep Knowles around, the only one of our coordinators who had proven that he knew what he was doing, speaks volumes to Gundy's performance as "CEO" of the program.

Last edited:

He took over after Derek Mason led us to an 115th ranked (YPG) defense. In scoring, we were 89th.

Just stop. And as a fan base, we need to stop looking at the ONE season under Knowles were we had an elite defense and acting like that's the "standard" around here. As much as I would love defense to be our identifying characteristic, we haven't been good on defense in back-to-back years in this millennia. We used to have an identity- offensive firepower. Gundy crushed that. Now we have nothing, but the easiest thing to fix with Gundy as HC is the offense. Let's fix that, then worry about trying to fire a DC who's not even 1.5 seasons into his job.
My bad, I forgot the Mason year because it was quite frankly, forgettable. Other than that, yeah, the D is trash in nearly every statistical area. How dare we have any expectations beyond a D ranked in the 120s.

Truth here! Ok I am done for tonight! How a poverty punk like me got tickets to the Suites here in this new addition of the SMU Stadium is an Act of God and having a very good connection! Just saw the Hunt Family walk by (KC Chiefs owner). SMU Florida State tied 7-7 after the first quarter! Would like to see SMU add further misery to Florida States season! 😁

Back