Official Game Thread: South Dakota State vs. Oklahoma State

Bowman was great today. Owens and Stribling both had additional in their hands. If they had caught those he'd have 60 more yards and a 4th TD pass.
I agree he played well for an opening game with a little over 70% completion. He had one throw in 4Q on a third and long where he tried to force it to Owens and it was nearly picked off. I am sure he would have wanted that one back.

Punts are better than turnovers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I am also glad Gundy brought in Snyder. This will help our defense by flipping the field and playing field position. Of course, it won’t matter if the defense gives up chunk plays but you play the odds.

Last edited:
I would say for recruiting purposes and revenue the number of seats is very important
Average NFL stadium capacity is around 70k. We are in the sweet spot with size and seating room for the fans. If we do anything to the stadium it should be for increased "wow factor" and comfort. Do something like a dome or awnings over the seats to keep the noise in and provide shade.

Last edited:
Average NFL stadium capacity is around 60k. We are in the sweet spot with size and seating room for the fans. If we do anything to the stadium it should be for increased "wow factor" and comfort. Do something like a dome or awnings over the seats to keep the noise in and provide shade.
Soldier field has the smallest seating capacity of all nfl teams. It seats 61,500.

I agree he played well for an opening game with a little over 70% completion. He had one throw in 4Q on a third and long where he tried to force it to Owens and it was nearly picked off. I am sure he would have wanted that one back.
I'll take one bad throw out of 34, especially with the way he runs the offense.

Soldier field has the smallest seating capacity of all nfl teams. It seats 61,500.
I meant to say 70k. Fat fingers messing me up and typing quickly.

Either way, we have no reason to expand right now, especially with the uncertainty of the TV deal in 2030.

Back