Official Game Thread: South Dakota State vs. Oklahoma State

Watching the A&M game now and they have the biggest stadium in the Sec. It is Massive. Almost double ours. I looked up the top 25 largest stadiums and number 25 is 69k. Way above ours yet we keep removing seats. To me we need a minimum 65k but it looks like there is no way we could add seats if we wanted to. Anyone know if they could add 10k seats anywhere?

UGA’s stadium hit 93,000 with the latest renovation. If you are in the 6000-level seating, you might as well not be in the stadium.

Seats just for the sake of seats is a diminishing return.

UGA’s stadium hit 93,000 with the latest renovation. If you are in the 6000-level seating, you might as well not be in the stadium.

I would say for recruiting purposes and revenue the number of seats is very important

Watching the A&M game now and they have the biggest stadium in the Sec. It is Massive. Almost double ours. I looked up the top 25 largest stadiums and number 25 is 69k. Way above ours yet we keep removing seats. To me we need a minimum 65k but it looks like there is no way we could add seats if we wanted to. Anyone know if they could add 10k seats anywhere?
I remember seeing renderings when the stadium was first renovated that it was built to have capabilities of second levels on both the north and south sides, similar to Arkansas. I think it was said that it would add 15k or so. To me, we’d want to continue to sellout for several more years and create a waitlist situation before you consider that. From a recruiting standpoint, I’d rather just continue to have a full stadium and demand exceeding supply. Also, stadium expansion battles in college football are on hold now with NIL.

This. Aggy has seats just to say they are there. You can’t see the field

I was at the OSU vs Georgia game in Athens in 2007 and we were up in the very top few rows of the stadium about the 20 yard line and it did remind me some of Kyle Field in that the players on the field looked pretty small being that high up! 🤔

Overall, I thought this was an excellent performance.

I will say we need to see some improvement in the pass coverage especially bringing guys back.

I will say that Oliver and eziegbo on the defensive end spots is absolute chaos. Those guys are just vicious dogs out there. I think those 2 will help us get into QBs heads and frustrate teams on drives.

I thought the offense performed very well. Stribling was very athletic and made some great plays. It seems they sold out stop the run and Ollie still got over 100.

Opposing teams are going to have a lot of problems if they think shutting down Ollie is going to stop this offense.

Cautiously optimistic but overall all positive. Go Pokes! Beat Arkansas!

I was at the OSU vs Georgia game in Athens in 2007 and we were up in the very top few rows of the stadium about the 20 yard line and it did remind me some of Kyle Field in that the players on the field looked pretty small being that high up! 🤔
I was right there too. Thought I couldve touched the landing gear when the jets came right over us during the pregame.

It was like watching the final four in the Alamo dome. I’ll never pay for those types of experiences again.

I was right there too. Thought I couldve touched the landing gear when the jets came right over us during the pregame.

It was like watching the final four in the Alamo dome. I’ll never pay for those types of experiences again.

I attended my first game at Sanford Stadium while still in the womb, and I can remember when the east end zone was still open (the tracks).

The 6000-level added 5,500 seats. I've been up there once and can't believe people pay to sit up there.

I've not attended a game inside of BPS, but from my trips to campus and what I can see online, it looks like a nice venue.

@MinnesotaJack I hope you were treated well.
Thanks. I did enjoy myself immensely, other than the actual game itself of course. Got to walk around a lot of the tailgate areas before the game, but I think I was probably in to big of a hurry to make sure I checked out as much as I could that I didn't really get a chance to mingle with many OSU fans. Stopped by one tailgate spot because I saw a fan in there wearing a Montana Grizzlies shirt, everyone in there was awesome and super nice. And what I saw of the campus everything is beautiful, I love how most every building has similar architectural designs.

I was worried about how well we would pressure the QB, and in person it looked non-existent. I thought we would do a reasonably good job on Ollie and I think we did, but yesterday we made Bowman look like the Heisman candidate. Being at the game it felt like we could never get off the field on 3rd down, I was surprised when I looked at the stats and you were only 5-14 (really 7-14 though since you went 2-2 on 4th down).

Offensively I thought we were able to do some good things both running and passing, but once we fell behind and started to throw the ball more that really hurt us as we're not built to be a volume passing team. Handing you short fields after our first two possessions (missed 4th down & the INT) I think kind of set us behind the 8-ball and we obviously were never able to recover. It still would have been a major challenge for sure without those first two drives, but it took away most of any chance we had of winning.

There was one time in the 2nd half where a fan said "get the ball to Ollie" and I commented something like "please do, we're defending the run best." Of course, that was on the drive where he ran it 6-7 straight times right into the end zone, and one other fan right in front of me felt the need to turn around and clap/yell toward me after each run instead of out toward the field so that was pretty annoying. I suppose I did bring it on myself a little bit, and he did leave right after that and never came back so at least I didn't have to put up with him anymore.

All in all, I was very impressed with everything I saw yesterday......your campus, tailgating, stadium, team, etc. Best of luck the rest of the season, I'll be cheering you on from here on out and hope to see you guys in the football playoff.

South Dakota State had 8 guys in the box nearly the entire game. Doesn’t include when they had safeties playing the run first. I know from the naked eye it seemed ugly or unimpressive but our OL played their ass off. They played the majority of the game of with 2 more guys playing the run than we could account for. However, this is what led to the WR’s having space. Was a solid day with room to improve!
I said in the 1st quarter they couldn’t cover our WRs. If we had Bowman sling it ala Weeden offense SDSU would have been in more trouble. I think Gundy wanted to lean on them and pound as much as possible. It worked. We won by a large margin. Their D was gassed by mid 3Q and they had to drop back which allowed us to pin back and go get them. Sure there were a couple missed assignments but that’s expected game 1 and SDSU was good enough to take advantage. But the game was way more than I expected. Good day to wake up a Cowboy.

Impressive memory. I don't remember a single thing from before I was born.

LOL. I was 10 the year they enclosed the endzone.

My parents had season tickets for 20+ years but gave them up when the $ became ridiculous. My mother attended all but one home game the year I was born while pregnant with me. She missed that one game due to my birth.

Back