Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. West Virginia

Upon some reflection. That game had every opportunity to go bad. We made some huge mistakes and had a bunch of injuries.

What an amazing effort to keep it together and finish strong on the road. Glad to see Cowboy Culture is back.
Fortunately, they had some f the same mistakes.

I loved the announcer on Presley’s breakaway TD in the 4th quarter……..”Brennan Presley, that man’s got more moves than a military family”!

Never heard anything. Assume Shettron was concussion with the pop he took. I never saw Bray go down so not sure what happened there. He’d be the biggest concern at this point.

Based on a complete lack of actual info, I thought Shettron looked like he injured his right forearm/wrist, by the way he was holding it in the brief moment they showed him being helped off.

Would someone explain to me why this isn’t a safety for intentional grounding in the end zone. The quarterback had his foot on the goal line when our player made first contact. The ball did n’t go beyond the line of scrimmage and the receiver was over five yards from where the ball hit the ground.
IMG_8027.jpeg

Would someone explain to me why this isn’t a safety for intentional grounding in the end zone. The quarterback had his foot on the goal line when our player made first contact. The ball did n’t go beyond the line of scrimmage and the receiver was over five yards from where the ball hit the ground.
View attachment 1858
I questioned this in the moment also...as well as the horse collar holding in their endzone.

I would believe the refs used their judgement that the throw was severely affected by the hit.
Looked like he was making a semi-legit pass but got wrecked & that was the result.

View attachment 1858
The only thing I can think of is they are saying that the throw was in the direction of number 7 and the hit affected the throw. So 7 was in the area.

Back