Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Central Florida

Agree, the safest route is for there to only be a two team tie. A three way puts at risk, although we could still make it if Kansas is the highest seeded common opponent.
I need to make a list of common opponents and where they could be seeded at the end of the season, but I’m too lazy.

All common opponents between OSU, KSU, and OU I think.

UCF
ISU
Kansas

So we want KU to be highest seeded in that situation or we’d be out. How are the common opponents seeded if they have the same in conference standings though?

My head hurts. Lol.

Last edited:
It

UCF
ISU
Kansas

So we want KSU to be highest seeded in that situation or we’d be out. How are the common opponents seeded if they have the same in conference standings though?

My head hurts. Lol.
It would make zero logical sense for a 3 way tie between us Ksu and 0u to come out any other way than us getting the nod, regardless of ksu not playing 0u. We beat them BOTH head to head. Discussion over.

If it were ISU instead of KSU then now it's a conundrum, because we each are 1-1 against each other. But no matter which way you slice actual or hypothetical records between us ksu and 0u, we are 2-0 they are 1-1 at best.

UCF
ISU
Kansas

So we want KSU to be highest seeded in that situation or we’d be out. How are the common opponents seeded if they have the same in conference standings though?

My head hurts. Lol.
I think you nailed it. If I would have known all this earlier today I would have rooted for Kansas harder!

Edit: I think you meant Kansas to be the highest seed but otherwise agree

I think you nailed it. If I would have known all this earlier today I would have rooted for Kansas harder!

Edit: I think you meant Kansas to be the highest seed but otherwise agree
Yeah exactly.

In fact, may go edit my post so yours doesn’t make any sense. 😉

Last edited:
It

It would make zero logical sense for a 3 way tie between us Ksu and 0u to come out any other way than us getting the nod, regardless of ksu not playing 0u. We beat them BOTH head to head. Discussion over.

If it were ISU instead of KSU then now it's a conundrum, because we each are 1-1 against each other. But no matter which way you slice actual or hypothetical records between us ksu and 0u, we are 2-0 they are 1-1 at best.
Whether or not it would make logical sense, that’s what the the tiebreaker rules say.

I agree it would be a travesty though. That’s why we need to root against ISU and KSU along with ou every chance we get for the rest of the season.

In fact I’m watching and pulling for the Mormons as I type this.

Whether or not it would make logical sense, that’s what the the tiebreaker rules say.

I agree it would be a travesty though. That’s why we need to root against ISU and KSU along with ou every chance we get for the rest of the season.

The conference office in that instance would need to have the balls and sense to throw the rule out for now and re-write in the offseason because it's plain wrong. But leave it to the Big 12 to go full retard on something like this.

The conference office in that instance would need to have the balls and sense to throw the rule out for now and re-write in the offseason because it's plain wrong. But leave it to the Big 12 to go full retard on something like this.
That ain’t happening, and we all know it.

Mormons aren’t putting up much of a challenge right now

I hope the players and coaches didn't base the whole season around winning bedlam. It looked like that was the case today.

So based on a 3 way tie between OSU, ou, and KSU, K-state would seem to be the leader? If that were to happen, and they are comparing win % against middle tier conference opponents, K-state will have won them all with their only losses being us and Texas.

Kansas chances against Kstate,are probably done as I can’t imagine Bean will play. And ISU very likely loses its last two against Texas and at Kstate.

Back