Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Central Florida

Great coaches are always able to get their teams refocused after big wins. That is something that Gundy has struggled with his whole tenure here.

Totally agree. This is why we only have 1 big 12 title in gundy’s tenure
Neat arguments fellers. We were among the 5 worst teams in the nation starting about 1950. We joined the big 8 in 1960. Won a share of a title in 1976. 1953 before that we shared one by winning a whopping 3 conference games. Gundy has taken one of the 5 worst programs in the history of division 1 football and turned it borderline top 10.

Don’t say donation either. 1 he was a big reason we got the donation. 2 it only somewhat put us in the norm. Basically caught us up to mid tier. We have had to continue to upgrade to stay up. And everything but baseball and softball lose money like an open faucet.

The dude got screwed out of a national title at OSU for gods sake. What on earth do you want. Les miles left because he was losing momentum and getting cu¥+ punted and left behind by ou and Texas. We would have been right back at 3-8 or 4-7 in 3 years and he knew it

Neat arguments fellers. We were among the 5 worst teams in the nation starting about 1950. We joined the big 8 in 1960. Won a share of a title in 1976. 1953 before that we shared one by winning a whopping 3 conference games. Gundy has taken one of the 5 worst programs in the history of division 1 football and turned it borderline top 10.

Don’t say donation either. 1 he was a big reason we got the donation. 2 it only somewhat put us in the norm. Basically caught us up to mid tier. We have had to continue to upgrade to stay up. And everything but baseball and softball lose money like an open faucet.

The dude got screwed out of a national title at OSU for gods sake. What on earth do you want. Les miles left because he was losing momentum and getting cu¥+ punted and left behind by ou and Texas. We would have been right back at 3-8 or 4-7 in 3 years and he knew it
There is no argument that Gundy is a great coach when he wants to be.

I am not saying we should fire him. I am just expressing frustration that he doesn’t seem to want propel the program to the next level.

We have mind boggling losses to teams we shouldn’t and they are usually at the worst times. I just don’t see top 10 coaches losing consistently every other year to teams like CMU, south Alabama, Troy, UCF, etc. I think the amount we lost by especially UCF and south Alabama is really disheartening.

I hope we can see Mike Gundy win the big 12 championship game and make a playoff at some point. Hell, TCU did and I wouldn’t call them world beaters.

Last edited:
Back