Official Game Thread: Kansas vs. Oklahoma State

Oh, this sounds like a fun game.

I used to be, but not as "avid" as I once was. Now I just watch games when I have time, and have drastically lowered my expectations for football and basketball to the point that neither are things that I plan my life around. I also spend way less time on message boards than I did before.

How about you? Avid, or nah?
gold digging GIF by Copeland

First time I've had a chance to watch us play this season. How did this team lose to USA? We look pretty decent with the exception of a couple of plays.
We lost to USA and ISU because we were still putting the pieces together. Figuring out the QB situation (coaching), new DC (coaching), struggling secondary (talent), struggling OL (coaching and talent), WR dropping balls (talent).

Out of those items, the secondary is the one major remaining issue. OL looked much better, but will be challenged more against better defenses. Luckily, our remaining schedule looks mostly winnable.

So, there’s plenty of reason to cheer on this team and support them. I’m not talking about pumping sunshine and ignoring the flaws and mistakes. But there’s no reason to continue bringing up USA or persistently being negative. Not unless you simply want to be miserable and attempt to bring everyone else on this board with you.

But if that’s your thing, maybe you just take up sadomasochism and spare the rest of us.

Great game, great atmosphere, Ollie and Oliver are Beasts!!!
ok, this has nothing to do with OSU football, but as I visited the restroom twice during game, I observed roughly 43% of men washing their hands after relieving themselves...c'mon man, wash your freakin' hands....I will no longer shake hands, fist bumps from now on....

Those of us who stood shoulder-to-shoulder at the Lewis Field troughs laugh at your fist bumps. And bonus points if you passed a joint at the troughs during a concert at Tulsa's Expo Square (specifically the one headlined by Black Oak Arkansas).

Legit criticism is fine, but some folks on here seem like they prefer misery and want losses.
It's hard to explain. Some call it our curse. We kind of expect some insane bad stuff to happen. If you have been an OSU fan for 50 years like me you understand.

Like the year I turned off the OU game with three minutes left up by 2 or 3 scores can't remember only to find out we had found a way to lose.

We lost to USA and ISU because we were still putting the pieces together. Figuring out the QB situation (coaching), new DC (coaching), struggling secondary (talent), struggling OL (coaching and talent), WR dropping balls (talent).

Out of those items, the secondary is the one major remaining issue. OL looked much better, but will be challenged more against better defenses. Luckily, our remaining schedule looks mostly winnable.

So, there’s plenty of reason to cheer on this team and support them. I’m not talking about pumping sunshine and ignoring the flaws and mistakes. But there’s no reason to continue bringing up USA or persistently being negative. Not unless you simply want to be miserable and attempt to bring everyone else on this board with you.

But if that’s your thing, maybe you just take up sadomasochism and spare the rest of us.
Where are you seeing persistent negativity in this thread, especially from me? Fact check: You aren't. You're making it up. I thought we looked competent yesterday against a decent KU team, and didn't say much else in this thread (that I recall). If that triggers you, that's your problem.

It's hard to explain. Some call it our curse. We kind of expect some insane bad stuff to happen. If you have been an OSU fan for 50 years like me you understand.

Like the year I turned off the OU game with three minutes left up by 2 or 3 scores can't remember only to find out we had found a way to lose.
Probably 1983 on the OU game mentioned!!! The curse is called by many SQUINKY!!! 🫣

Where are you seeing persistent negativity in this thread, especially from me? Fact check: You aren't. You're making it up. I thought we looked competent yesterday against a decent KU team, and didn't say much else in this thread (that I recall). If that triggers you, that's your problem.
Nobody’s been pointing to comments in this specific thread. People have been pointing out that if the result had towed to betting line you would be furiously mashing your keyboard about everyone is fine with losing and Gundy isn’t serious about winning, et al. But because we won you had little to say.

That is until that was pointed out, then you had plenty to say in your “defense”.

Nobody’s been pointing to comments in this specific thread. People have been pointing out that if the result had towed to betting line you would be furiously mashing your keyboard about everyone is fine with losing and Gundy isn’t serious about winning, et al. But because we won you had little to say.

That is until that was pointed out, then you had plenty to say in your “defense”.
1. Your post above is 100% conjecture.
2. Yes, I will defend myself against blatant lies and conjecture-based accusations (which is 100% of the content of your post above).
3. I'm still unsure how any of this is related to the KU game or my posts in this thread.

Its hilarious that such diehard fans are so fixated on other fans as opposed to the teams they claim to be fans of...

No, its based on hard data points to which you continue adding. This is now the second thread that's been derailed by you dorks for literally no reason. Please, stop.
Print this post off and take it to the nearest mirror, Birry. If OrangePower didn’t go all Krypton we’d have reams of “hard data” of you being a douche canoe during and after a loss, and a Paris street mime after a win. Not that it matters, because as soon as the going got a little tough, we knew who you were based on posting style alone, so that’s enough to drop the “conjecture” tag.

Your weird obsession with bedowngrading Gundy every chance you get and refusing to eat your crow is the issue here. Not anybody else.

Back