Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas

Really hoping someone will ask him about it. I agree though, down 21 needing a spark and you run up the middle on 3rd and 7? Can only assume he didn’t know what down it was which is inexcusable. He didn’t account for the high snap wasted down. If I was Bowman and saw that play come in, I’d have called a TO.
At the game today and after that asinine play every OSU fan in our section looked at each other with our mouths open. So did some UT fans!

It’s not that I want him fired, I didn’t want him hired to begin with. He’s no guru. Everyone who thought he’d be in over his head was proven right. This DC job should not be for guys with no experience to come learn on the job.

With guys like Oliver, Martin, Black and so on, that’s too much talent to be the worst defense in the B12. Let’s just hope these kids and parents like the guy, because if I’m a player and the head coach is apologizing every other week for bad game plans, I’m probably not going to be real confident I’m being developed as a player.
His first year is nearly identical stat wise to Knowles. I loved JK and wished we could’ve kept him but he received to good of an offer to stay. Nardo does have a lot to improve on, I agree. But so did Knowles at the end of year one. Like I said earlier, if we’re seeing the same results next year then it’s a problem.

Last edited:
His first year is nearly identical stat wise to Knowles. I loved JK and wished we could’ve kept him but he revived to good of an offer to stay. Nardo does have a lot to improve on, I agree. But so did Knowles at the end of year one. Like I said earlier, if we’re seeing the same results next year then it’s a problem.
Knowles was proven and had done it at the P5 level with a top 20 D at Duke. Not to mention, B12 offenses were better back then than they are now.

This is much more likely headed a direction similar to Dunn where 4-5 years in everybody is still wondering if he is going to figure things out or a change needs to be made.

Knowles was proven and had done it at the P5 level with a top 20 D at Duke. Not to mention, B12 offenses were better back then than they are now.

This is much more likely headed a direction similar to Dunn where 4-5 years in everybody is still wondering if he is going to figure things out or a change needs to be made.
You have a point there for sure. I get where you’re coming from. I’m over the arguing. I get your point. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing. I hope Nardo and co can get it done. Time will tell.

I know today was a terrible result but I can't believe we were still in this position given our year. This was a down year where many including me expected 4 wins. Defense needs to adjust but there were some bright spots but man our secondary needs some big help and we need some more help on the D line

Well, you kind of came off as a smart a$$, so I apologize if you weren’t. Coached at a high level in high school football. Was very blessed to do so and loved it. Had desires to go collegiate at one point but the amount of time away from your family just wasn’t worth it to me.
I was kind of being a smartazz because I misinterpreted you as being smug. The tone of messages is truly hard to decipher. I'm certain you know more about football than I do. I'm from a coaching family. Mainly basketball. My uncle was a very successful high school coach in Oklahoma at Purcell and then Yukon. I played everything in HS as most kids from 3A/4A kids do. Kids should still do this rather than focus on one particular sport. 1 college football offer from Wyoming. I thought I was a QB and they wanted me as a DB. Retrospectively they were probably correct. Ended up playing basketball at Wichita State. Graduated. Was a science teacher and head JH football coach and head HS boys basketball coach in Kansas for 2 years. Hated being poor and took off for med school. Lifelong lover of OSU as is my family.
Prob should have DM'd this.

Well, you kind of came off as a smart a$$, so I apologize if you weren’t. Coached at a high level in high school football. Was very blessed to do so and loved it. Had desires to go collegiate at one point but the amount of time away from your family just wasn’t worth it to me.
Offense, defense, QB, position players, special teams?

Nardo should stay. Firing would be a knee jerk reaction.

This was an awful game, but Knowles spoiled us. Give DCBN some time.

Like you are a seer of the future.

I am not sure there is anything wrong with our defense others than youth. I do think we would benefit from some more speed. Also, I will think Nardo didn’t have a good approach to texas. We needed to be way more aggressive and I think Oliver should have been moved back to Dline for this game.

Texas offense is way better than I thought. This Texas team could win a national title. That said, we would probably need a veteran team to beat them. We needed a Brandon Weeden and more talent on the oline. We needed a Jim Knowles veteran defense.

To me much of the frustration is with Gundy. It is like he doesn't want to go and get somewhat proven OC or DC. Yes he got lucky and grabbed a few no names who were moderate successful. Now is that because the university will not give him the budget to spend on OC or DC, or is this Gundy not wanting to be shown up or he doesn't want to have to hire a new OC or DC every few years because they are poached by bigger schools? I just see us getting these no name guys from much smaller schools as a disservice to OSU and the fans. Yes I am younger and not one of the old timer OSU fans who are happy just to get to a bowl game because they have lived through worse times in OSU Sports. I also realize I know absolutely nothing when it comes to coaching.

Back