Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
Patreon Supporter
I honestly thought about how to write this up a lot this week.

Our third child was born on the 12th (please clap), so I’m on paternity leave. I’ve had a lot of time holding the newborn to contemplate it. I should reference a movie? It worked for Kansas State. What about a wrestling promo? Those move the needle for those in the know.

Nah, what I have to say is this:

In a rivalry, you’re supposed to throw out the records. That’s not been the case in this series. Facts are facts.

However, I have no choice but to believe that this game, being the last game in the series for the foreseeable future, will finally adhere to that standard. Otherwise, one is choosing to live with no hope.

I totally understand if you’ve had your morale beaten down and out over the decades. It makes perfect sense to me. However, I’m asking you to cast aside all doubt and worry and believe. One. Last. Time.

Go Pokes! Beat the Sooners!!

University of Oklahoma Sooners vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
November 4, 2023, 2:30 PM CT
Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK
OU 7-1 (4-1), OSU 6-2 (3-1)
OU leads the series, ask them about it
TV: ABC
Radio: 93.7 FM
Online: Varsity Network

OU Roster

OU Game Notes

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

Last edited:
While I don’t have a baby to hold, I am currently deployed to the Middle East and have had an equal amount of time to contemplate this game. I agree with what you’re saying. And as strange as it may seem, I’m seeing something different in Gundy. Not the statue on the sidelines with a tucked in sweatshirt - those things remain unchanged. But he seems to be balancing his vanilla approach with a go for the jugular murder them mentality. And I’m here for it.

Go Pokes! OU can hang its hat on a great number of wins. We’ll hang our hats on winning the last and most important one.

I honestly thought about how to write this up a lot this week.

Our third child was born on the 12th (please clap), so I’m on paternity leave. I’ve had a lot of time holding the newborn to contemplate it. I should reference a movie? It worked for Kansas State. What about a wrestling promo? Those move the needle for those in the know.

Nah, what I have to say is this:

In a rivalry, you’re supposed to throw out the records. That’s not been the case in this series. Facts are facts.

However, I have no choice but to believe that this game, being the last game in the series for the foreseeable future, will finally adhere to that standard. Otherwise, one is choosing to live with no hope.

I totally understand if you’ve had your morale beaten down and out over the decades. It makes perfect sense to me. However, I’m asking you to cast aside all doubt and worry and believe. One. Last. Time.

Go Pokes! Beat the Sooners!!

University of Oklahoma Sooners vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
November 4, 2023, 2:30 PM CT
Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK
OU 7-1 (4-1), OSU 6-2 (3-1)
OU leads the series, ask them about it
TV: ABC
Radio: 93.7 FM
Online: Varsity Network

OU Roster

OU Game Notes

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes
For once, I'm with you. I believe.

Also - congrats on the new little one!

The only thing that gives me hope is that my daughter was born in 2021 the year of our last bedlam win, and earlier this year my son was born. I'm on the fence about superstition, but maybe, just maybe, newborn baby power is the ingredient we need.

I'm still bracing for pain today, but may the cumulative force of our newborn Pokes lead us to victory one final time!

The only thing that gives me hope is that my daughter was born in 2021 the year of our last bedlam win, and earlier this year my son was born. I'm on the fence about superstition, but maybe, just maybe, newborn baby power is the ingredient we need.

I'm still bracing for pain today, but may the cumulative force of our newborn Pokes lead us to victory one final time!
IMG_4709.jpeg

I am currently deployed to the Middle East
thanks for your service...I have an uneasy confidence about this game...If I were not an OSU fan, and had no emotional pull in this game, I would easily bet that the Pokes win and probably easily...but alas, this ain't my first rodeo and have seen too many gooner wins (in Bedlam and other games where the other team outplays them but somehow the 'gooner magic' prevails) So with that being said, I won't be surprised whichever way this game goes...Please baby Jesus, let the Pokes win this one!!!!

Game day!
I’ve chunked a couple of opioids down the gullet, thrown the walker in the back of the Expedition, crawled in the back seat, and am headed to Stillwater (via Butcher BBQ)!

And grinned as my daughter answered her phone and told several of her friends “Yes, Dad’s going to the game and sorry, he’s using his ticket”

Go Pokes!

Game day!
I’ve chunked a couple of opioids down the gullet, thrown the walker in the back of the Expedition, crawled in the back seat, and am headed to Stillwater (via Butcher BBQ)!

And grinned as my daughter answered her phone and told several of her friends “Yes, Dad’s going to the game and sorry, he’s using his ticket”

Go Pokes!
Winning at life!

Game day!

Go Pokes!
Bring a couple of racks of ribs to our tailgate.

thanks for your service...I have an uneasy confidence about this game...If I were not an OSU fan, and had no emotional pull in this game, I would easily bet that the Pokes win and probably easily...but alas, this ain't my first rodeo and have seen too many gooner wins (in Bedlam and other games where the other team outplays them but somehow the 'gooner magic' prevails) So with that being said, I won't be surprised whichever way this game goes...Please baby Jesus, let the Pokes win this one!!!!

Exactly how I feel, a weird uneasy confidence. I’m not “hoping” Pokes win. Squinky can go to h@ll today.

I just saw a video on Twitter of Stutsman on the field in warmup gear. He was moving around just fine. The OU people are also saying Bowen and Williams (two of their best DBs) are set to play. I figured they were playing some gamesmanship with their injury report.

Back