Official Game Thread: South Alabama vs. Oklahoma State

Gundy is ok with losing. Its totally acceptable for fans to bail at this point.

Totally unacceptable at any level of sport for a coach to be this complacent and lazy, let alone D1. I see volunteers coaching peewee, little league, and YMCA leagues with more determination, passion, and energy than our coach.

I hope our AD and other Admin are looking for the quickest way possible out of this grossly lopsided contract.

As a kid from Connecticut, what drew me to Oklahoma State was that feeling that I was part of something bigger than myself.

I was there during the construction of Boone Pickens Stadium, and walking around campus and taking in the culture, community, history, traditions - I knew this was something special.

I was fortunate enough to be part of the Track and XC programs as well - and we won on a high level and were embraced by that same community and culture.

Throughout the years - I’ve supported Gundy. I’ve loved what he’s done for the program and for our school…

But NOBODY is bigger than the brand. He, himself, is part of something bigger than he is. And what he is doing right now is embarrassing our school. Embarrassing our brand. Embarrassing that logo he celebrated against ND.

This has been a complete and total coaching failure. I’m embarrassed by it and something needs to change.

Meanwhile, Central Arkansas got whipped by N. Dakota State. Arizona State got blanked by Fresno. This same S. Alabama team that Gundy and the team are trying to claim would contend for the B12 got beat by 20 to Tulane just to weeks ago. Reality is, this wasn’t a fluke, this team is as bad as it looked last night.

RA is a sunshine pumper nothing more.
I really wish that there were options out there for realistic and honest cowboy football talk. You’ve either got RA, the propaganda mouthpiece for Gundy, or the Trabers/Sam Mayes “sellouts” that constantly bash the program while praising everything about the school down south. Can’t we just get something in the middle?

Guessing most of you got this email this morning as well
86785b570bdc5f0755b5ee5f6d8860ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn’t just the stupid QB changes or Lack of carries for Ollie Gordon…it’s that Southern Alabama in most areas had better athletes and frankly manhandled the cowboys. How Gundy could let the overall quality of his program degrade to this point is inexcusable. If he doesn’t fix it soon he needs to go.

Most disappointed I’ve been in a long time. I knew that this wasn’t going to be one of the better Oklahoma state teams put together, but wow.

The offense is abysmal. Offensive line is awful… how in the hell was Dalton Cooper 1st team in his FBS conference but can’t hold a black without bear hugging someone here?? It’s not like we have played Georgia, Bama, and Ohio State. These teams are on par with what he has faced at Texas State. Miterko might be the worst offensive lineman to start in Oklahoma State History. Disappointed in Wilson, Michalski and Brooks… I mean they all have been awful. Birmingham can’t contain an edge rush to save his life.

Truth is that it doesn’t matter one bit who we have at QB with this line and OC but YOU HAVE TO PICK ONE AND ROLL WITH IT. Playing multiple guys every game automatically handicaps the offenses ability to get in a flow and the offense is already handicapped enough with Dunn and the OLine, rotating QBs essentially just applies the applies the brakes on the wheelchair.

Gundy has given himself a lot of credit since 2020, that he’s changed his way of thinking and practicing because you never know who you’d have available. They intermingle 1s, 2s, and 3s throughout practice so that everyone has similar number of reps as a “#1”. They tried to spin this philosophy as innovative, especially with the QBs in preseason, and that they were all getting experience and reps. The result is no continuity, timing is off, and everyone looks lost.

Guessing most of you got this email this morning as well
86785b570bdc5f0755b5ee5f6d8860ee.jpg
Got it last night and gave them a piece of my mind. This S show has to stop. Its embarrassing. I have always been a supporter of the whole "we need cowboy alums as coaches who are loyal to our school".....but I am over it. Gundy needs to go, Smith needs to go.....we need to bring in someone who wants to win and have some fire in their belly. Gundy is arrogant, and only wants to make jokes and excuses. Poor Boone is rolling over in his grave and how we have fallen. I am done with the hiring of high school or division 3 no name assistant coaches who can't coach themselves out of a paper bag.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None are comparable to Dickey

Based on ypc alone.

Connelly 1 year and left for USC. Avg 3.5 ypc
Adkins 2 years fired for not being good. Avg 3.6 and 4.5 ypc
Henson 2 years left for A&M. Avg 4.6 and 4.8 ypc
Dickey 4 years avg 5.3, 4.1, 4.2, 3.4 ypc.

there’s only 1 coach on this this last the run game has gotten worse under. You can’t compare guys who leave on their own for better jobs to a guy who should be fired. Connelly was 1 year, not comparable but not as bad as last year. Adkins was fired for 4.5, basically a yard better than the year before. Henson by far the best. From 14-19 the run game based on yards per carry increased every year. Once dickey got his guys in here it has done nothing but fall off of a cliff. From 5.3 to 3.4. Adkins the only one that got fired on this list averaged a yard more per carry than Dickey did last year. Adkins increased the ypc year over year. Dickey has decreased the ypc year over year. So again all of those guys were better than Dickey. 1 got fired 2 left for better jobs.

In short. Dickey took a line that averaged 5.3 ypc and turned it into a line that averages 3.4 ypc.

3.5, 3.6, 4.5, 4.6, 4.8, 5.3 (dickeys first year, everyone else’s guys) 4.1(Dickey’s guys start coming in), 4.2, 3.4(all dickeys guys)

I would consider 4.5+ a decent oline. We were there until Dickey came in.

I literally can’t spell out how awful he is anymore.

Oh and as a side note, dunn started called plays in 2020. They year we went from 5.3 to 4.1 ypc.
You literally prove my point…gundy can’t hire a good OL coach. What in the hell is firing dickey going to do? I can compare them whether they were fired or not because gundy hired them. From 14-19, we had guys like Justice hill who made the running game along with chuba Hubbard. Chris Carson the 2nd half of his senior year if you want to include him. Firing Dickey isn’t going to fix everything. Our OL hasn’t been good since Wickline. We’ve been fortunate to have elite RB play to cover up their deficiencies. Jaylen warren was the offense in 2021. Didn’t even have one all-conference OL from that squad. Everyone knew in the league that the OL sucked but Warren made them look good.

We might luck out of a prospect like Teven Jenkins once a blue moon but outside of him, the last OL drafted was Russell Okung in 2010. If that doesn’t suggest a serious lack of OL talent, I don’t know what does.

Last edited:
You literally prove my point…gundy can’t hire a good OL coach. What in the hell is firing dickey going to do? I can compare them whether they were fired or not because gundy hired them. From 14-19, we had guys like Justice hill who made the running game along with chuba Hubbard. Chris Carson the 2nd half of his senior year if you want to include him. Firing Dickey isn’t going to fix everything. Our OL hasn’t been good since Wickline. We’ve been fortunate to have elite RB play to cover up their deficiencies. Jaylen warren was the offense in 2021. Didn’t even have one all-conference OL from that squad. Everyone knew in the league that the OL sucked but Warren made them look good.

We might luck out of a prospect like Teven Jenkins once a blue moon but outside of him, the last OL drafted was Russell Okung in 2010. If that doesn’t suggest a serious lack of OL talent, I don’t know what does.
He did hire one though. Who played at OSU. Then let him go in favor of Sean Gleason.

So many factors going into the season Forsure.

One thing though, Dickey was primarily gap scheme at K-State and we’ve ran zone scheme here. We’re supposedly going to more gap scheme this coming season, which IMO is fantastic.
I think I have figured out our offensive line blocking woes. Our offensive linemen are blocking in the gaps and allowing the defenders to run past them.

Got it last night and gave them a piece of my mind. This S show has to stop. Its embarrassing. I have always been a supporter of the whole "we need cowboy alums as coaches who are loyal to our school".....but I am over it. Gundy needs to go, Smith needs to go.....we need to bring in someone who wants to win and have some fire in their belly. Gundy is arrogant, and only wants to make jokes and excuses. Poor Boone is rolling over in his grave and how we have fallen. I am done with the hiring of high school or division 3 no name assistant coaches who can't coach themselves out of a paper bag.
I wouldn’t mind having the South Alabama O.C.

Back