Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Arizona State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slept through the second half. You’re welcome everyone!

On a serious note, I’m dreading having 4 teams in conference that will result in these late games.

old danny glover GIF

I don’t know who QB1 is but there are a few things to me that are obvious and we need to quit screwing around and lean into them if we want to be successful.

1) Ollie Gordon is RB1 and it’s not close. Quit trying to force the others. I know he can’t play every snap but when we need yards pound him.

2) Stribbling is WR1. He’s that guy so make other teams game plan around him.

3) Presley needs more touches.

4) once we figure out 1-3 above and design our game around those 3 the line will look better. There are signs they can be serviceable but they will never be even average. I think if they can just be consistently meh our O will be better. Our coaches have to help them and not settling on the skill players is hurting them right now.

Finally, we need to be talking more about the second worst coaching failure (1st was allowing the Central Michigan play to even happen. Should have taken penalties until refs figured it out).

Not calling timeout on 1st and goal from the 1 dang near cost us the game. That is inexcusable and just blows my mind. Woke my wife up screaming for someone anyone to call timeout.

Was the play clock correct on the delay of game? Everyone seemed surprised by it including the refs. They gave us like 4 extra seconds after it hit zero and then threw the flag.

L
I don’t know who QB1 is but there are a few things to me that are obvious and we need to quit screwing around and lean into them if we want to be successful.

1) Ollie Gordon is RB1 and it’s not close. Quit trying to force the others. I know he can’t play every snap but when we need yards pound him.

2) Stribbling is WR1. He’s that guy so make other teams game plan around him.

3) Presley needs more touches.

4) once we figure out 1-3 above and design our game around those 3 the line will look better. There are signs they can be serviceable but they will never be even average. I think if they can just be consistently meh our O will be better. Our coaches have to help them and not settling on the skill players is hurting them right now.

Finally, we need to be talking more about the second worst coaching failure (1st was allowing the Central Michigan play to even happen. Should have taken penalties until refs figured it out).

Not calling timeout on 1st and goal from the 1 dang near cost us the game. That is inexcusable and just blows my mind. Woke my wife up screaming for someone anyone to call timeout.
* RB: 100% on Gordon. Only having 2 carries in first half (with one being a TD) is baffling. Although I do like both Collins and Nixon, but Gordon should be bellcow.
* QB: I think Rangel is the best solution, but I accept anyone‘s argument on best QB. It is close.
* OL: Troubling. Our QBs rarely have time for check downs. Wilson’s half hearted attempt at a block on a screen pass that could have gone for a lot of yards was an example of what needs to change.
* Defense: 1) love to see Oliver as a blitzing LB, need more of that; 2) Daniels is best closer to the line - he is a game changer, but playing him 20 yards deep is not best option; 3) Rawls had a great INT, but his poor tackling cost us several times; 4) thought Nick Martin played strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back