Official Game Thread: Central Arkansas vs. Oklahoma State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baylor running out of time

5d2d69f511f0d1317bfad27c31f9417d.jpg

It was definitely ugly and the outlook for the season does not look great. D was fairly solid most of the night especially getting pressure. Tackling was suspect though.

O was unimpressive to say the least. Oline was atrocious until the 4th Q, probably just C. Ark getting worn down. WRs dropped a lot of balls, especially for Bowman. QBs were mostly just ok. The offense did look better and more complete under Gunnar, just not sure how much of that was an FCS team wearing down vs a P5.

I thought the running game did a lot better in Q4. Hope we can do better and build on that. I think this team has an opportunity to do well assuming we can be better running the football for all 4 quarters

Boils down to we have to be better at running the ball early in games. Can’t always rely on halftime adjustments. When we finally decided to run gap scheme, it looked better. I really wish we’d stick with it and supplement zone when the OL is solid on gap. I think the WR group is going to be very good. They had some drops tonight and mishaps on routes but they’re also adjusting to 3 different QB’s within one game. The athletic ability is their Forsure! I feel we can compete for a chance to be in contention for the Big 12, IF we can improve running the ball.

Knowing how this type of thread goes how bad did we lose by?
The sky isn’t falling, but I was hoping for more. We are replacing a lot of pieces, so struggling in the first game shouldn’t be a surprise. Also, as the old saying goes, the biggest improvements are between week 1 and 2. I think we’ll know a lot more next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back