Official Game Thread: Central Arkansas vs. Oklahoma State

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the OL look?
My 2 cents.

I think we started from LT to RT Siegfried, Brooks, Wilson, Miterko, Birmingham. And we struggled to put it mildly. LT was on an island and was reaching instead of moving feet. Got beat to the inside on the 4th down Int. Center was snapping all over the place. High low left spot on then right.

At the end of the game I think we were from LT to RT Birmingham, Brooks, Wilson, Mihalski, Cooper.

We were better in both pass pro and run blocking but was it us or FCS wearing down. At least D linemen weren’t just blowing by us.

I think Brooks is our best and I thought Cooper was ok. He is undersized for tackle and probably won’t play LT (but now that I’ve said that he’ll be there next week).

Tonight we were only slightly better than we were last yr which tells you how bad we sucked last yr bc most of those guys were playing tonight and either got subbed or moved.

If our FR and RsFR are just lacking experience then I say throw them out there starting next week. Get them games against ASU SoAl and Iowa St.

If they are not any better then every ding dang $ we have in NIL better be to portal players and coaches should be on the hot seat.

Just got back from the game.

Disappointing and…just a boring game. But I will stick to the positives.

1) Ollie Gordon - stud. Need to give him the ball more.
2) Rangel and Gundy - both looked good at times. Both appeared a step ahead of Bowman.
3) We threw to a TE.
4) Our punter
5) apparently have the best field goal defense in the nation.

Things I want to see at ASU
Blitzing Oliver and Daniels

SIAP…
The conspiracy theory is that Gundy knew Gundy was the best QB coming out of camp…but couldn’t just start him because everyone would have thought he was showing favoritism. So he played all three for us all to see to show Gunnar was as good or better than the other guys…

SIAP…
The conspiracy theory is that Gundy knew Gundy was the best QB coming out of camp…but couldn’t just start him because everyone would have thought he was showing favoritism. So he played all three for us all to see to show Gunnar was as good or better than the other guys…
Gundy looked good live. Better than Rangel and then I saw Bowman's QBR of 19 this morning. Not the order I was expecting.

As a fan I want us to come out w Birmingham, Booker, Wilson, Michalski and Cooper on the oline with Rangel behind center. Ollie as RB1 and Stribling, Presley and Bray at WR. Roll with those guys and get Ollie more than 2 1st half carries. Use Nixon as a 3rd down back and mix Collins in as well as Shettron and Green on the outside. Gundy wants an identity. I think that starts.

Also, we have to use the middle of the field and on 1st or 2nd down take some shots down field.

That’s my no coaching knowledge wish list.

As a fan I want us to come out w Birmingham, Booker, Wilson, Michalski and Cooper on the oline with Rangel behind center. Ollie as RB1 and Stribling, Presley and Bray at WR. Roll with those guys and get Ollie more than 2 1st half carries. Use Nixon as a 3rd down back and mix Collins in as well as Shettron and Green on the outside. Gundy wants an identity. I think that starts.

Also, we have to use the middle of the field and on 1st or 2nd down take some shots down field.

That’s my no coaching knowledge wish list.

I’d like to feed Ollie 20 touches and just see what he does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Was rewatching the game and noticed UCA got away with 13 players on the field on a third down that we didn’t covert. The 13th is running off the field right and didn’t make it before the snap and they played the down with 12 still on the field.

Attachments

• 7538F424-D551-46C4-A3C1-18A071E25A8A.jpeg
    7538F424-D551-46C4-A3C1-18A071E25A8A.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 20
After a few days to digest....

I think the best way to look at this game is that Gundy viewed it as nothing more than an extension of camp. Basically a scrimmage. I don't think he even cared if we won the game. He was just collecting info. He wanted to give each QB no matter what 1/3 of the game. Ollie Gordon only had 2 carries going into the 4th qtr etc..

So hopefully we'll see 1 QB start on Saturday, and unless he really blows it or we rack up a 40 point lead that will be our guy. We give Ollie the lions share of the carries and find a way to get BPrezzle the ball 10+ times a night.

That's what I'd do, but what do I know.

After a few days to digest....

I think the best way to look at this game is that Gundy viewed it as nothing more than an extension of camp. Basically a scrimmage. I don't think he even cared if we won the game. He was just collecting info. He wanted to give each QB no matter what 1/3 of the game. Ollie Gordon only had 2 carries going into the 4th qtr etc..

So hopefully we'll see 1 QB start on Saturday, and unless he really blows it or we rack up a 40 point lead that will be our guy. We give Ollie the lions share of the carries and find a way to get BPrezzle the ball 10+ times a night.

That's what I'd do, but what do I know.
I listened to his Monday press conference last week and he literally said this, but in a more diplomatic way to avoid saying "it's just an FCS team." We should still have performed better, but there just isn't much to take away from the game. Do we assume that Oregon is crazy good because they beat the snot out of Portland State? At least UCA had a pulse, beating up on severely overmatched opponents like Savannah State a few years ago is worse, because you don't even get much practice out of those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back