Official Game Thread: Utah vs. Oklahoma State

As mentioned in another thread, looks like Rising is now a game time decision. Yikes.

As you have probably figured out, we have an irrational fear of backup QBs with limited game experience coming in and looking like Tom Brady.

Personally I think it's a bit exaggerated by our fanbase but it does happen. I still have nightmares about 150lb freshman Brock Purdy. Oddly enough, the one time we faced a freshman backup in his first start and he really looked like a freshman, it was a young Pat Mahomes. He seemed to figure things out eventually though.

On the Fox noon kickoff show, Brock Huard made the assertion that they were conversations this week with Ollie about “quit trying to be a stop and start runner and just get your feet going forward” I don’t know if that’s true but…….

On the Fox noon kickoff show, Brock Huard made the assertion that they were conversations this week with Ollie about “quit trying to be a stop and start runner and just get your feet going forward” I don’t know if that’s true but…….
Basically what Gundy said during the Orange Power show or whatever it's called. He said that Ollie was stopping his feet when he saw the hole wasn't there or wasn't very big, and that very few RBs can stop and go like that. Basically, he's not Barry Sanders, so stop killing your momentum and use your size to force your way through the gaps. It sounded like he was insinuating that Ollie was trying to hit the homerun and go for 50 yards, when his size and speed should allow him to get 5+ yards just from his momentum alone if he'd just keep moving.

Back