Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. BYU

Life comes at you fast in the new era of NIL.
Here’s what’s going to happen and I hate it. BUT that final minute of the BYU game could have far reaching consequences. Fans are really at their wits end after that epic collapse. They quit buying tickets..NIL money dwindles and OSU falls farther and farther down the college football food chain.
Boone Pickens is gone. Who is going to stop the fall once it starts and it’s descending faster and faster every week.

Here’s what’s going to happen and I hate it. BUT that final minute of the BYU game could have far reaching consequences. Fans are really at their wits end after that epic collapse. They quit buying tickets..NIL money dwindles and OSU falls farther and farther down the college football food chain.
Boone Pickens is gone. Who is going to stop the fall once it starts and it’s descending faster and faster every week.
The tickets are already bought, unfortunately

The only reason you will see NIL at least maintain a certain level is because Chad and some other folks figured out you can hold 4 concert events on a weekend in April and supposedly reap 4 million towards NIL, if the numbers are accurate!!! I am one of those thousands that bought two tickets and WAS BARELY ABLE TO TO GET THEM!!! 🤔

Seems to me Gundy is the nice guy. Gave this dude a contract for more money than he’d probably make in 10-15 years combined on the level he should be at.
We easily could've gotten him as a position coach if we wanted him. He was far too unproven get get the DC job here.

It made since to hire Yurcich from D2 because he was absolutely dominant there. He had the best offense in the country. Nardo's defense wasn't even in the top 50. It was just a mindboggling hire.

Chad Weiberg has had a busy year. I bet you he didn’t think he would be looking at a Cowboy Football team that is 0-4 in conference.

This is a complete meltdown and Gundy is 100% responsible. The amount of money that is dumped into this program for this to be the result is unacceptable.

However, I think this is needed to wake Gundy up. He’s been on autopilot and Chad needs to wake him up and force changes to be made. I don’t want Gundy gone but his 7.5 million dollar salary this year is an awful investment.

1:30 a.m. and I'm pissed.

I've said and have cut off donations to the football program until Dunn is out...Nardo is now added to the list. He has shown me nothing.

72 yards in about 42 seconds is inexcusable.

The tickets are already bought, unfortunately
But not for next year. If this season keeps going the way it appears…we may have a losing record. Not only will disgruntled fans boycott with their checkbooks next year..players will too and be lined up at the portal ready to take flight out of Stillwater. It’s a dangerous time for a program like OSU.

Oh my, that Parker Robertson interview on the radio sums it up.

His comments
“Defense played really well tonight “
On that last play, “we were getting pressure and covering them up, they just found a soft spot in the defense”.

These players don’t even seem like they grasp reality. Neither does the radio crew talking about how great he played. Guys, he had 11
tackles but missed about 20! He was blown by on multiple occasions. His tackles are because the front 6 just lock up with guys and the safeties have to come make the tackles. It’s why Rucker is always the leading tackler!

Is it too much to ask to hear somebody say we’ve got to be better, I’ve got to be better, I missed a bunch of tackles, when you gave up 38 points and a 40 second game winning drive!

Oh my, that Parker Robertson interview on the radio sums it up.

His comments
“Defense played really well tonight “
On that last play, “we were getting pressure and covering them up, they just found a soft spot in the defense”.

These players don’t even seem like they grasp reality. Neither does the radio crew talking about how great he played. Guys, he had 11
tackles but missed about 20! He was blown by on multiple occasions. His tackles are because the front 6 just lock up with guys and the safeties have to come make the tackles. It’s why Rucker is always the leading tackler!

Is it too much to ask to hear somebody say we’ve got to be better, I’ve got to be better, I missed a bunch of tackles, when you gave up 38 points and a 40 second game winning drive!
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Cam Smith had him at the 12 yard line but DIDN’T WRAP UP AND BRING HIM DOWN LIKE YOU ARE TAUGHT! It is fundamental football!!! I know it seems like I am beating up on Cam, but damn you had two weeks to work and get those fundamentals down!!! 😑

Gundy

"sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way..."

"I'm having fun coaching these guys, I wish we'd won a few more along the way..."

"It's my job to let these guys know that we appreciate them."

"Our coaches had good plans."

Robert DID ask Mike about Rangel:

"Rangel will be out a while."

"Bowman is going to have to compete his azz off and he's going to have to run the ball."

Last edited by a moderator:
Gundy radio postgame summarized-
He was in awe of the atmosphere and stadium, spent significant time raving about it.
Awe shucks, moral victory, he told the players how great they did coming in and playing a close game.
Yawning because it’s way past his bedtime, ready to get back to the hotel so they can sleep.

But not for next year. If this season keeps going the way it appears…we may have a losing record. Not only will disgruntled fans boycott with their checkbooks next year..players will too and be lined up at the portal ready to take flight out of Stillwater. It’s a dangerous time for a program like OSU.
Don't disagree at all

We easily could've gotten him as a position coach if we wanted him. He was far too unproven get get the DC job here.

It made since to hire Yurcich from D2 because he was absolutely dominant there. He had the best offense in the country. Nardo's defense wasn't even in the top 50. It was just a mindboggling hire.
Sorry! Yurcich was a bullsh*t hire as well.

Gundy

"sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way..."

"I'm having fun coaching these guys, I wish we'd won a few more along the way..."

"It's my job to let these guys know that we appreciate them."

Robert DID ask Mike about Rangel:

"Rangel will be out a while."

"Bowman is going to have to compete his ass off and he's going to have to run the ball."
Oh please, you can’t ask a damn draft horse to be SECRETARIAT MIKE!!! He DOESN’T POSSESS THE SKILLS OR SPEED TO RUN THE DAMN BALL, AND THAT IS NOT A RIP ON BOWMAN IT IS JUST FACT HE IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING WITH MUCH SUCCESS!!!

Back