Sunday Morning Coaches: Joining the Panderverse edition

My thoughts on the game and what happened. I know most don't want to go back an re hash anything about yesterday, but, in case you do, this video gives my thoughts as to what happened. Lots to play for moving forward, so GO POKES!

Link

This is a weird/fatalist mindset. So you're saying that the outcome was somehow pre-determined by some outside force, and that our coaches and players couldn't have foreseen or done anything about it? I can't accept either of those mindsets.

To be clear - I don't expect us to win every game, but I do expect us to compete in every game. Games like USA and UCF shouldn't happen for our program in my opinion.
How many orgasms did you have yesterday knowing you could go full blown negative?

I didn’t type it was predetermined by some outside force, genius. I’m saying that people can max out for so long, they will eventually have a subpar performance. I don’t like it, but we have vastly overachieved based on our base metric which is USA and UCF. You get back on the horse, fix it and move on. As much as you demand perfection it ain’t happening.

This is not a criticism of your post, but if I hired a coach who made excuses about lack of talent, instead of working his **** off every single day getting better talent, I would show him the door.
Agreed. The sad thing is that our talent is good enough to win big games. But our depth is never acceptable or ready to step in especially at QB or the oline

This is not a criticism of your post, but if I hired a coach who made excuses about lack of talent, instead of working his **** off every single day getting better talent, I would show him the door.
Agree especially at the rate and under the terms of Gundy's contract.

Right, because commanding an Air Force squadron is perfectly analogous to coaching a sports team in an adversarial sport where there are clear cut winners and losers every week. There are 133 teams in FBS. Approximately half of them lose every week, give or take (some of them don't play, and some of them play FCS). There are very few of us who face such an adversarial system in our jobs with clear cut winners and losers, lawyers for instance. So cut the hyperbole.

The fact of the matter is that under Gundy we have enjoyed what is, for Oklahoma State, an unprecedented run of success and yet for some people it: 1) isn't good enough, and 2) they just can't stand the fact that it is Gundy that has achieved it. You had an unprecedented run of success as a commander you might get promoted.

Good lord.
Thanks for your we sucked in the 70s and 80s so we should be happy we win 8 games a year now and compete (and lose) a championship game every decade. You’re the type of fan to sees an average coach (the best in OSU history which is not saying a lot) get a contract with an annual increase…

Games like Saturdays for people like you are ok because we you remember that time OSU went 0-12 and well we beat OU this year.

Clear cut winners and clear cut losers - you clearly didn’t get the point.

How many orgasms did you have yesterday knowing you could go full blown negative?

I didn’t type it was predetermined by some outside force, genius. I’m saying that people can max out for so long, they will eventually have a subpar performance. I don’t like it, but we have vastly overachieved based on our base metric which is USA and UCF. You get back on the horse, fix it and move on. As much as you demand perfection it ain’t happening.
Read what I wrote, and stop making stuff up, genius. I'm not demanding perfection. I expected us to be more competitive, and view our failure as so complete this past weekend that we should be looking for reasons, and addressing them. Any quality organization would do the same after such a collapse.

Why does that trigger you so?

Last edited:
Read what I wrote, and stop making stuff up, genius. I'm not demanding perfection. I expected us to be more competitive, and view our failure as so complete this past weekend that we should be looking for reasons, and addressing them. Any quality organization would do the same after such a collapse.

I’m not triggered I’m very calm and have the realization that my life is not ruined by the underperformance of 18 to 22 year old student athletes on a Saturday. Your self-fable doesn’t allow you to clearly see your anger issues are manifesting in your bloviating about football.

I’m not triggered I’m very calm and have the realization that my life is not ruined by the underperformance of 18 to 22 year old student athletes on a Saturday. Your self-fable doesn’t allow you to clearly see your anger issues are manifesting in your bloviating about football.
Anger issues? What are you talking about? We lost 45-3. I've added reasonable criticisms like everyone else has, and don't plan to harp on it further. I have no idea where you are perceiving "anger" in any of my posts.

1699889219619.png

Anger issues? What are you talking about? We lost 45-3. I've added reasonable criticisms like everyone else has, and don't plan to harp on it further. I have no idea where you are perceiving "anger" in any of my posts.
May I suggest hot goat yoga, maybe it will help

My thoughts on the game and what happened. I know most don't want to go back an re hash anything about yesterday, but, in case you do, this video gives my thoughts as to what happened. Lots to play for moving forward, so GO POKES!

Link
Thanks for this. I wasn’t able to watch after the first quarter and definitely didn’t want to rewatch so this was a good recap.

My takeaway is that we can’t defend the zone read, can’t trust CBs one on one, their QB was insanely accurate, and we were just horribly unlucky on turnovers.

Seems like it was just a really bad matchup for us, trap game, ridiculous amount of rain. Basically the perfect storm.

Thanks for this. I wasn’t able to watch after the first quarter and definitely didn’t want to rewatch so this was a good recap.

My takeaway is that we can’t defend the zone read, can’t trust CBs one on one, their QB was insanely accurate, and we were just horribly unlucky on turnovers.

Seems like it was just a really bad matchup for us, trap game, ridiculous amount of rain. Basically the perfect storm.
My thoughts exactly. Made me think of the Troy game years ago, but played in a monsoon.

May I suggest hot goat yoga, maybe it will help
Dude......wut? I'm not even a little bit mad. I expect losses like this at this point. I gave up worrying about OSU football like 5 years ago.

Just admit that you enjoy losing so that you can come to the internet and white knight for Gundy.

Leaning heavily on a running back usually results in t
good news: Ollie still leads the nation in rushing...OSU was ranked #10 (before this season) in total wins the past 10 years...
most of us have a love/hate relationship/feeling about Gundy, but he has done the most (wins) with the least (stars) throughout the years...
The moral victories continue.

Back