Sunday Morning Coaches: Brass Plates Edition

I get being frustrated and even disagreeing but can we please NEVER NEVER NEVER boo a Cowboy! It is not a good look.

I sat there cold wet and pissed and then the boos started and I resolved to stay.

I get it. Million $ coaches and NIL $ but at the end of the day these men and young men bust their ass and are us. They are all one of us.
Not saying I'm OK with booing, but NIL has changed the etiquette for sure. That said, those boos were directed at the coaches, not the players. And frankly, well deserved. Maybe they helped light a fire?

I get being frustrated and even disagreeing but can we please NEVER NEVER NEVER boo a Cowboy! It is not a good look.

I sat there cold wet and pissed and then the boos started and I resolved to stay.

I get it. Million $ coaches and NIL $ but at the end of the day these men and young men bust their ass and are us. They are all one of us.
I don’t get the booing, I just do not get it

I didn't boo.

But it's a different world now. The head man is making over 7 million. Some of the players are making more than I make. I come out on a cold and rainy November day to support you and spent several hundred dollars to do so, and this is what you produce?

Let's not forget that BYU is/was a horrible road team. They had no business even being ahead. The comeback was amazing and fun and I'm glad I stayed, but that first half was probably just as bad as UCF.

My sense was that most of it was directed at Dunn and Gundy....but definitely some was directed at Bowman. Twenty years ago I'd say we should NEVER do that, but now, I at least get where it comes from.

He was in DIII when COVID happened and they didn’t do the free year. They’ve appealed to try to get him an extra year but unlikely. Hopefully NCAA will do the right thing but we’ve seen how that goes
No doubt, OSU will probably get a post-season ban and/or loss of scholarships just for asking. Kidding, but not really kidding. 😉

But I also don’t get Gundy’s mouthpiece and Gundy complaining about empty seats when there’s a winter storm moving through

Agree. Gundy needs to zip it, especially after what I consider to be exceptional attendance given the September Debacle.

My guess is that 80% of the fans have at least 1:00 to 1:30 drive AFTER they get out town. And about 10% got 3:00 plus. That kind of weather is not to be trifled with.

I’ll say again, the crowd that was there was exceptionally loud. It came across on the radio broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rashod Owen’s gave an impassioned speech in the locker room.
I'm not sure this can be overstated. Don't know what he said. RA made a big deal of it when the crew came back from halftime, that Owens spoke to the team instead of Gundy. The team obviously responded.

Glad I stayed through the end but the conditions were miserable. Rain never stopped. 40s and wind. Especially after half when a lot of people left, you really notice it more with less people around to block the wind. I don’t blame the empty student section at all. Thanksgiving break and for many, they are home with family. Dorm lots were nearly empty.

First half felt like many of our games this year where we simply play to the competition. That goes for coaching staff too. Can we just call every game to win and be aggressive? If we had gotten a TD after their early turnover, I think we win big. BYU seemed like a team ready to fold but we gifted them momentum and points and we had to work really hard to take the game back.

We have absolutely nothing to lose this weekend. Play like it and I like our chances. I really wouldn’t be surprised if we won and wouldnt be surprised if we get blown out.

Game changing play by a guy who’s caught some flack in Ollie’s shadow. His kick return would have been one of the best of the year if not for the bone headed illegal block.

These players fight. No idea what that moron in Southern California was talking about.

Defense: A-
Offense: B
ST: C- (like super low, 69.5)
Coaches: B+

They talked about it on the broadcast, Gundy was the epitome of calm. No one can convince me he’s not CoTY both in the conference and nationally for what he’s and his staffs have done this year.

Agree. It might've been the offensive play of the day.

I like that he squared up and ran the guy over for the first down.
My first thought live was “F YEAH!” Immediately followed by thinking if Dez Jackson did THAT on the last play in Arlington in ‘21, we get a trophy.

IMO Rather than repeatedly running OG into the teeth of the defense Bowman needs to run three or more times per game. Maybe a quarterback draw. Defenses are charging to the ball, could we run a trap or counter occasionally? If we ran that nice counter in this game I must have missed it. Defensively I’d like to see a little more blitzing. We really don’t have any reason not to unleash every trick play in the books against Texas.

IMO Rather than repeatedly running OG into the teeth of the defense Bowman needs to run three or more times per game. Maybe a quarterback draw. Defenses are charging to the ball, could we run a trap or counter occasionally? If we ran that nice counter in this game I must have missed it. Defensively I’d like to see a little more blitzing. We really don’t have any reason not to unleash every trick play in the books against Texas.
We ran counter a few times, and for the most part BYU had it scouted. We hit LJ3 on several RPO's off of it, though.

My first thought live was “F YEAH!” Immediately followed by thinking if Dez Jackson did THAT on the last play in Arlington in ‘21, we get a trophy.
During that play, I got in trouble for yelling too loudly at the bar we were in. Specifically yelling "turn up field, TURN UP FIELD!!!!!". He should have run that guy over for sure.

We stayed through the whole game Saturday, though some were ready by halftime due to the weather and the game. Glad we all stuck it out.

Not saying I'm OK with booing, but NIL has changed the etiquette for sure. That said, those boos were directed at the coaches, not the players. And frankly, well deserved. Maybe they helped light a fire?
Agreed. This specific point was raised multiple times this season when Caleb Williams didn't meet with the media following USC losses. Kind of hard to make the case that these 'are just kids' anymore.

Yep, that was the first thing that came to mind for me when I saw it live. Kind of sucks that it is stuck in my head but.....

I love how they have bounced back from 2-2, but losing by 26 @home & 46 on the road negate any notion of COY to me.

Don't know if they've already voted, but if we win this week I think Gundy should still be conference COY, and I'm not sure he shouldn't be anyway. National COY? No chance, and won't even get a vote (unless RA has one, of course).

Back