Sunday Morning Coaches: Almost Heaven edition

He was in the seam of a zone when the ball left Bowman's hands, but he would not have been when the ball got there. IMHO, on that route there wasn't a window to throw the ball. But I could always be wrong. From what I could see in the brief glimpse we got of the secondary with the ball in the air I didn't see anyone who was open.
Maybe it wasn't BP and I saw the wrong number, it was the player running a something like a skinny post across the field to Bowman's right. They guy I thought I saw had cleared the second level and that was about when Bowman chucked it. I'll go see if I can find it, freely admit I may have completely missed it.

Maybe it wasn't BP and I saw the wrong number, it was the player running a something like a skinny post across the field to Bowman's right. They guy I thought I saw had cleared the second level and that was about when Bowman chucked it. I'll go see if I can find it, freely admit I may have completely missed it.
Presley was slot left and ran a cross behind the LBs. The post that Owens ran brought the CB w him. Presley was open for 6 behind the LBs.

I am SOOOO happy for this team, but I can't help but think what could have been. If they had just done these things sooner we literally could be undefeated right now. South Alabama was just crazy and ISU we should have been better prepared for. It took the coaches too long to have their come to Jesus experience.

That said, HOLY crap were the results awesome when it did happen. It is a little bit hypocritical in some ways to complain. Yes it took Gundy longer than it should have to get through the issues and poor choices (3 QBs), but once he did he did something few other coaches in College Football can. He is an amazing coach and you just have to take the good with the bad.

Did anyone else find it really bizarre that they interviewed the WV QB at halftime? I can’t remember a college player ever being interviewed in the middle of a game.

Did anyone else find it really bizarre that they interviewed the WV QB at halftime? I can’t remember a college player ever being interviewed in the middle of a game.

That was odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The remaining schedule

Cincy 2-5, 0-4
Uo 7-0, 4-0
@UCF 3-4, 0-4
@Houston 3-4, 1-3
BYU 5-2, 2-2

Uo is obviously the toughest task left on the schedule. How happy are you if this team gets to 8-4 or 9-3 considering the way the season started?

I've noticed recently during NFL games that they've been interviewing after each quarter, now! Seems like there is some concerted effort to get more info from coaches and players mid-game.

I've noticed recently during NFL games that they've been interviewing after each quarter, now! Seems like there is some concerted effort to get more info from coaches and players mid-game.
Yea I see it with coaches a lot. Especially in the NFL. But players? They seem to be off limits except for postgame. This was a college player coming out after halftime. So weird.

The remaining schedule

Cincy 2-5, 0-4
Uo 7-0, 4-0
@UCF 3-4, 0-4
@Houston 3-4, 1-3
BYU 5-2, 2-2

Uo is obviously the toughest task left on the schedule. How happy are you if this team gets to 8-4 or 9-3 considering the way the season started?

I'm upset with the two losses. Those really limit our bowl opportunities because we might win out. I certainly want a NY6 bowl to poise us for a good spot to begin next season. If Gordon and Bowman both return I like our chances for a playoff spot.

The remaining schedule

Cincy 2-5, 0-4
Uo 7-0, 4-0
@UCF 3-4, 0-4
@Houston 3-4, 1-3
BYU 5-2, 2-2

After losing to USA and Iowa State, I didn't think we would win another game this year. So I will be ecstatic even if we just keep the bowl streak alive.

Our odds of success go up exponentially when Ollie gets over 20 carries.

In both loses, OG has had less than 20 carries and against south Alabama… he had 3 carries.
I agree, but I also think the improved OL play has been a huge factor, including in Ollie's success. I was highly critical of both the OL and Coach Dickey at the beginning of the season, but I think they have really turned a corner.

The remaining schedule

Cincy 2-5, 0-4
Uo 7-0, 4-0
@UCF 3-4, 0-4
@Houston 3-4, 1-3
BYU 5-2, 2-2

Pretty happy with the turnaround. Hope Grundy and friends can keep it going. Goons are beatable so hopefully they prepare for the okstate team that got humiliated by South Alabama.

After losing to USA and Iowa State, I didn't think we would win another game this year. So I will be ecstatic even if we just keep the bowl streak alive.

We are most certainly going to keep our bowl streak intact.

Before the season there were a couple of “experts” who picked us to go under 6.5 wins. I said then I thought it more likely we win 10 than win only 5. Have to admit that looked in doubt after South Alabama.

9-3 isn’t impossible. 10-2 is improbable, but isn’t impossible either. Our defense has to figure out how to cover receivers.

Yea I see it with coaches a lot. Especially in the NFL. But players? They seem to be off limits except for postgame. This was a college player coming out after halftime. So weird.
I feel like I've seen it a few times this season, Colorado-Stanford maybe? Anyway it seems like something we'll see more of moving forward, and made me think of some of Yormark's comments about more accessibility in game.

Riley's getting hammered for not making his team available after the loss last weekend, and I love it. No longer in the OK market where the media treats these guys with kid gloves.

Back