Sunday Morning Coaches: The Final Bedlam Edition

One last thing for me on Bedlam.

Mike Gundy! His postgame speech to the team was absolutely phenomenal. The man was truly more happy for the fans/alums of Oklahoma State than he was for himself. He wanted that win for all of those who support Oklahoma State. He has his flaws (as we all do) but this man’s love/passion for Oklahoma State University, his pride in what has been built in Cowboy Football is truly remarkable. The Mike Gundy era will be something I can talk with my grandkids about and be 1000% proud in more than just the W’s.

Finish this freaking thing out Pokes, we got your back!!

Last edited:
One last thing for me on Bedlam.

Mike Gundy! His postgame speech to the team was absolutely phenomenal. The man was truly more happy for the fans/alums of Oklahoma State than he was for himself. He wanted that win for all of those who support Oklahoma State. He has his flaws (as we all do) but this man’s love/passion for Oklahoma State University, his pride in what has been built in Cowboy Football is truly remarkable. The Mike Gundy era will be something I can talk with my grandkids about and be 1000% proud in more than just the W’s.

Finish this freaking thing put Pokes, we got your back!!
We are in the good old days. Recognize it while we are in it.

Well, actually, no, it was not pass interference. According to a Big 12 official, Stoops stepped out of bounds with his right heel before being interfered with. Anything that happens after that point does not constitute pass interference. The second that his heel went out of bounds, he became an ineligible receiver. The only thing that could’ve been called at that point is unnecessary roughness and the play was not egregious enough to constitute unnecessary roughness. Everyone is up in arms because the play happens so quickly and in real time speed it does appear to be pass interference. The media and those calling the game could’ve easily shown this shot that I’m posting but instead they chose to go with the controversy. This is a whole lot of fuss about nothing because the play happens so fast and it was not reviewed by ABC closely enough. Here’s a picture that I paused on my TV and took with my phone clearly showing that his heel was out of bounds before being interfered with.
48229ed16d22dd58800c83c7abe62b29.jpg
Even before that I believe you can see stoops initiate contact before the end zone itself. So if anything should have been called it would have been offensive pass interference, but they basically did no call because of that.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

I don’t think it clearly shows that at all. To me, the defender grabbed him and pulled him out of bounds. If you watch the video it looks pretty obvious that his trajectory was changed. It was just a missed call like the no call on a face mask and when they shoved Ollie hard after the whistle. No calls are part of the game and if it ends close it’s easy for fans to focus on one thing.

They lost because they turned it over 3 times (and even more on downs). With all that, they still had the ball with plenty of time to win it at the end. They weren’t good enough and lost. That’s it
Old saying goes, "if the ref doesn't call it, it didn't happen". You're supposed to lift your chin up and get back to work.

Even before that I believe you can see stoops initiate contact before the end zone itself. So if anything should have been called it would have been offensive pass interference, but they basically did no call because of that.

41CE4BC6-479A-4735-9E61-DABC6292CC6D.jpeg

I recall it vividly. He definitely got shoved, but it was a typical push off, and shouldn't have made him go flying like he did. He was acting, and the ref approached him afterwards to warn him not to do it again. I've seen him do it on multiple prior occasions, and it wouldn't surprise me if the refs were warned about it ahead of time.

I'm actually glad the refs called nothing, there. Let 'em play.
He appeared off balance as he was standing up to begin with. Any shove, light or hard, was gonna knock him over.

We know
They know
The whole world knows

I said last week, they acted like they had won the national championship and the season was over after beating Tejas.

But the season wasn't over.

We know.
They know.
The whole world knows.

Our season isn't over either.

But Bedlam is.

View attachment 2138

I'm writing this about an hour after the game and I'm still buzzing. I don't know if I can actually remember any of it right now. I usually get up on Sunday morning and write, but I have to be at church early tomorrow (today) and won't have time. So, I'm writing Saturday evening.

Honest go goodness, I don't know how to grade the game. Maybe it should just be graded on the whole, I don't know.

Offense: A-
Once again, we scored on the opening drive. This is becoming a statement for our offense. It's almost to the point where I'd prefer we get the ball first. That opening drive touchdown sets a tone.

8 plays, 97 yards, almost 5 minutes off the clock for the drive that put us ahead for good. That is A+ work. Gabriel might be the better passer, but Bowman was a field general on that drive in a way Gabriel will never be.

Haven't looked at the stats yet, and probably won't. Doesn't matter. I graded down a little because of a couple of questionable play calls, the two fourth and shorts in the second half and the failed double pass. I wouldn't have gone for it on either fourth and short, I would have kicked the field goal on the first one and and taken a delay of game and punted on the second. The double pass would have been spectacular had it worked. If Ollie had taken off and ran he likely would have picked up big yardage because the defense was otherwise scattered. But it resulted in a turnover.

Otherwise, the offense was solid the entire game.

Defense: A
We gave up one gargantuan play, the long run that resulted in their first score. We let them out of several third and longs. Otherwise, we pretty much kept them in front of us. Yes, that ball in the end zone was probably PI, but then again, their defense was holding on every other play, so it all balances out. But, once again, our defense came up big with stops on fourth down, and came up big time and again with stops in the fourth quarter.

Really, both offense and defense made just enough plays to win. When we needed the offense to drive the length of the field and score, they did. When we needed the defense to come up big in the 4th quarter, they did. This was on them both. A true team win.

Special teams: A
Our special teams were simply better than theirs.

Coaching: A
Our coaches were simply better than theirs.

Fans: A+
The Boone was ROCKING! It was a sea of ORANGE! It was LOUD and ROWDY! There were a couple of plays were the fans just straight up affected the play. I was listening to the radio broadcast and the atmosphere was coming across the radio. Well done fans! Man, I wish I could have been there!

The win leaves us tied with Tejas for first place in the conference, pending the outcome of the Kansas/Iowa State game tonight. I say again, I would play Iowa State again right now on any field. With Houston, UCF, and BYU a collective 2-16 in conference play ahead of us, we control our own destiny. To think that we could possibly be at this place at this point in the season after that miserable game against South Alabama, well, it was unthinkable. We take care of business the rest of the way and 10-2 and the conference championship game is waiting for us.

Ride with Pride! Go Pokes!
True team win.

Went gambling the night before. Both of us said, “let the winnings dictate what tickets we buy”. Obviously, we lose and we’re not going. It’s all in the signs.

After an up and down evening at the craps table, I walked out up $613. He walked out with $608.

On the way home, I’m on Ticketmaster. $600 roughly buys second tier up but pretty decent yardage. Around the 25-30 yard line.

Decide to try scalpers the next day. Got up late. Got there late.

One dude holding up actual tickets. I ask how many he has.

Ok. Where are they? 6th row. Seats 7 and 8. Section 105. Last night, those were $2500 a piece.

Wow! How much ? Well, they’re $2500 a piece online, I’ll sell them at $600 a piece since you’re the only ones left looking.

Didn’t even negotiate. It was obviously meant to be.

You know the rest.

True team win.

Went gambling the night before. Both of us said, “let the winnings dictate what tickets we buy”. Obviously, we lose and we’re not going. It’s all in the signs.

After an up and down evening at the craps table, I walked out up $613. He walked out with $608.

On the way home, I’m on Ticketmaster. $600 roughly buys second tier up but pretty decent yardage. Around the 25-30 yard line.

Decide to try scalpers the next day. Got up late. Got there late.

One dude holding up actual tickets. I ask how many he has.

Ok. Where are they? 6th row. Seats 7 and 8. Section 105. Last night, those were $2500 a piece.

Wow! How much ? Well, they’re $2500 a piece online, I’ll sell them at $600 a piece since you’re the only ones left looking.

Didn’t even negotiate. It was obviously meant to be.

You know the rest.
This is fantastic. You'll be telling this story the rest of your life.

Back