Official Game Thread: Cincinnati vs. Oklahoma State

Agreed. But a game like 2011 would sure be sweet. I can’t get enough of watching Landry Jones fumble off his own helmet because Richetti Jones scared the pee out of him. Gimme mohr!
As I remember, Weeden didn’t have a single passing touchdown. Four touchdowns were by rushing. I think we are up to that. The thing I’m most worried about is their passing game. Gabriel is capable.

As I remember, Weeden didn’t have a single passing touchdown. Four touchdowns were by rushing. I think we are up to that. The thing I’m most worried about is their passing game. Gabriel is capable.
No argument here. He cane close to coming back against KU. That throw into the end zone may have been a TD against our secondary.

You are right in that Gabriel is the key to making that offense run so effectively! Fortunately their running game can be hit and miss and Gabriel isn’t the athlete that Caleb Williams is!!! The KU offensive coordinator exposed a couple of things with their defense last Saturday!!! 🤔

Really? You want him fired if he can’t beat one team that we may not play again after this week? What is the logic behind that?
The logic is that's your rival and he has a dismal record against them. The logic is there's been at least a half dozen times in Gundy's career where OSU was better and lost (and only 1 time where the opposite happened). The logic is Gundy, as great as he's historically been for OSU, is worse against OU than 4 other OSU coaches.

OU through the Stoops years had an historically great run. So it's not so much the win/loss outcome in Bedlam games. It is the way Gundy has coached in those games. He mostly coaches scared. He's okay with losing that one and it shows.

Reading comprehension is important: what I said was "if Gundy does a Gundy," meaning if he punts from OU's 39 yard line while down 3 scores, then I'll definitely call for his head. Heck, even if the Pokes win, if Gundy makes those kinds of calls, I'll be critical. But, if he pulls out all stops and is aggressive (like going for two to win it), and the Cowboys still lose, then I won't like the loss, but I won't place the blame on Gundy.

The logic is that's your rival and he has a dismal record against them. The logic is there's been at least a half dozen times in Gundy's career where OSU was better and lost (and only 1 time where the opposite happened). The logic is Gundy, as great as he's historically been for OSU, is worse against OU than 4 other OSU coaches.

OU through the Stoops years had an historically great run. So it's not so much the win/loss outcome in Bedlam games. It is the way Gundy has coached in those games. He mostly coaches scared. He's okay with losing that one and it shows.

Reading comprehension is important: what I said was "if Gundy does a Gundy," meaning if he punts from OU's 39 yard line while down 3 scores, then I'll definitely call for his head. Heck, even if the Pokes win, if Gundy makes those kinds of calls, I'll be critical. But, if he pulls out all stops and is aggressive (like going for two to win it), and the Cowboys still lose, then I won't like the loss, but I won't place the blame on Gundy.
OK. Maybe recognize there’s a big difference between reading comprehension and reading your mind. I’m pretty good at the former, but I refuse to do the latter.

He has a pretty simple mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, I do. I think the highest paid coach in the league should probably have the best record in the league. I think a coach who makes more than the coach at his rival school should probably beat them more often than not. I think taking a knee before half against your rival or punting on their side of the field when behind is unacceptable. Being a competitor and trying to win really is something for the simple-minded.

heath ledger joker GIF

Yeah, I do. I think the highest paid coach in the league should probably have the best record in the league. I think a coach who makes more than the coach at his rival school should probably beat them more often than not. I think taking a knee before half against your rival or punting on their side of the field when behind is unacceptable. Being a competitor and trying to win really is something for the simple-minded.
Other than OU, which Big XII team would you want to trade places with over Gundy’s tenure?

I’ll take what he’s done for OSU and our program over his bedlam record any day of the week.

Would I like him to approach it differently, yes. But it’s a 90 year issue, not 19.

Maybe a Michigan/Michigan State? Certainly not many examples come to mind off the top of the head.
I thought about that one, but the state of Michigan is considerably bigger than the state of Oklahoma, they were paying Mel Tucker more than we’re paying Mike Gundy and got nothing, and they don’t exactly roll out Big Ten championships year after year like Gundy apparently should be. I think everyone being honest is going to have a very hard time finding anything like the dynamic Oklahoma State faces in Oklahoma.

Back