How Are We Feeling About The UCF Game?

Ok, if you want to play the comparative score game which I try to avoid then here goes! They (Houston) beat Baylor in Waco 25-24 where as Central Florida lost to Baylor in Orlando 36-35 when Baylor scored 29 unanswered points! Houston beat West Virginia 41-39 in Houston! UCF was dominated by West Virginia 41-28 in Orlando! Here is the biggest difference between these two teams Houston has more talent and depth on defense than UCF!!! Like I said, the game with Houston worries me more because they play just good enough defense to stay in the game going into the 4th quarter!!!
I also remember us getting throttled by K State 48 - 0 last year!

Sorry, you may have a valid point, but I stopped reading after the second exclamation point!!!!!

I think our offense should be able to score in the 40s. We are protecting Bowman well and should be able to average well over 5 yards per carry, and control the clock. Can't have any careless turnovers that give them momentum.

Our defense is getting a "little" better at limiting big plays. Except for the long run on the first drive, OU didn't run the ball all that great. But we did get beat downfield too much as we tend to do. I feel like the D can get enough stops to keep UCF in the high 20s or low 30s.

We're the better team, and we need to make that known early--just like we have been doing by scoring on the first drive.

They are 0-3 at home in league play, losing to KSU 44-31, WVU 41-28, and to Baylor 36-35. So they give up a lot of points, even at home. Our offense is better than all three of those. I'll pick OSU to win 45-31.

Brandon Helwig of UCF Sports talks all about the Knights, their players, what the fans are thinking, what the atmosphere is going to be like and what he thinks the keys to the game are going to be. If you want a UCF perspective, and you want to know more about them, he does a great job. To follow him go to ucf.rivals.com or @UCFSports on twitter

Here's how I feel:
Its A Trap GIF

Ok, if you want to lay the comparative score game which I try to avoid then here goes! They (Houston) beat Baylor in Waco 25-24 where as Central Florida lost to Baylor in Orlando 36-35 when Baylor scored 29 unanswered points! Houston beat West Virginia 41-39 in Houston! UCF was dominated by West Virginia 41-28 in Orlando! Here is the biggest difference between these two teams Houston has more talent and depth on defense than UCF!!!
Sorry, you may have a valid point, but I stopped reading after the second exclamation point!!!!!
Sorry, I get a little carried away 🫨but thanks for validating the comments😹
I try to focus on the signal and tune out all the background noise.

I think our offense should be able to score in the 40s. We are protecting Bowman well and should be able to average well over 5 yards per carry, and control the clock. Can't have any careless turnovers that give them momentum.

Our defense is getting a "little" better at limiting big plays. Except for the long run on the first drive, OU didn't run the ball all that great. But we did get beat downfield too much as we tend to do. I feel like the D can get enough stops to keep UCF in the high 20s or low 30s.

We're the better team, and we need to make that known early--just like we have been doing by scoring on the first drive.

They are 0-3 at home in league play, losing to KSU 44-31, WVU 41-28, and to Baylor 36-35. So they give up a lot of points, even at home. Our offense is better than all three of those. I'll pick OSU to win 45-31.
I believe the K State vs UCF game was in Manhattan back when Howard was banged up and before they had to go to Lawrence the next week where Kansas rushed for 400 YARDS 🙀 against them.

I had an uneasy confidence going into Bedlam. This week I have an uneasy non-confidence. “You end up like a dog that’s been beat too much, ‘til you spend half your life just covering up” (Springsteen, Born in the USA)

Press On

I believe the bedlam hangover and travel will play a factor, but still think we win it in the fourth quarter.

At kick off my "pucker factor" will be about 9.7 but I still feel pretty good about this one. Our improved OL and run game will be the difference here. 45-31 Pokes.

I hope the coaches are playing up the disrespect card. Not only is the spread on this shocking (started a -1 and now it's -2.5), but ESPN is actually predicting UCF to WIN! Their FPI has long been a complete joke, but it is still shocking how much it seems to hate us.
Getting smoked by a G5 school with a losing 4-5 record will have lasting effects.

I believe the bedlam hangover and travel will play a factor, but still think we win it in the fourth quarter.
I don’t think Bowman will allow that to happen due to his maturity. Ollie won’t let down because he loves playing the game.

I think the hangover is more for fans. The guys and coaches have moved on. Unless we just play way down, which I don't expect, I think we win without any real drama to speak of.
You're right. Bedlam itself is a much bigger deal to the fans than to the players.

I also heard Gundy called a coaches meeting at 0400 Sunday morning after Bedlam. I think they'll be ready.

Back