UCF at OSU

Midweek game at Tulsa and then a conference road trip to Provo. This will be a Thurs-Sat series. Lady Cougs are 16-9 overall and 1-5 in conference. Lost 2 of 3 against Tech and then got swept by Texas including two games by run rule.

That 3 run HR should have never happened. Horrible call at first should have ended the inning.
That female ump is one of the worst officials that I have ever seen. Seen the play live at the game….my mouth dropped that she called the batter safe. After the review….i thought maybe I was wrong until watching the play back of the game. Cannot believe those officials did not overturn the call.

UCF is hitting the ball better today. They have outhit OSU 6-4. Surprisingly, they have not attempted a stolen base this series.
Yeah they outhit us….i was pleased with majority of our swings, unfortunately we just missed some of those that could generate some big time runs.

That female ump is one of the worst officials that I have ever seen. Seen the play live at the game….my mouth dropped that she called the batter safe. After the review….i thought maybe I was wrong until watching the play back of the game. Cannot believe those officials did not overturn the call.
Agreed. There was another call in that same game that she missed but I can't recall what exactly it was. Might have just been a regular runner/throw timing call.

She gets out of her anchor position a lot if you watch her positioning. She had help with coverage at 2B so no reason to be that far towards 2B (left pic). No way could she see a gap between the bag and the foot from where she was positioned. A different play on the right is better but could still be closer to 1B line.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.34.18 PM.png

Agreed. There was another call in that same game that she missed but I can't recall what exactly it was. Might have just been a regular runner/throw timing call.

She gets out of her anchor position a lot if you watch her positioning. She had help with coverage at 2B so no reason to be that far towards 2B (left pic). No way could she see a gap between the bag and the foot from where she was positioned. A different play on the right is better but could still be closer to 1B line.

View attachment 4027

That what I was showing Couple of my friends afterward that she was completely out of position on the left pic. If she was 3-5 foot to her left….she would have made the correct call.

Being a softball/baseball official for 22 yrs….i know umps will be in bad angles at times and it’s understandable. But this lady ump has trouble time after time putting herself in bad positions to make a call. That just laziness. She had more calls that went under review than anyone else that I have seen.

On top of that…in game 2…the officiating crew done a poor job on giving coaching review. Teams have only 2 challenges per game……they gave UCF 3. First one happen in the first inning and then gave their coach back to back challenges in the 6th inning as she challenge Graf safe call at home and turn around challenge Edwards safe call on 3rd….and lost on all challenges. I was saying it to the tv that they cannot challenge 3 times. Of course they did not hear me from 3 hrs away.

Back