Big 12 Opener at Baylor 3 game series

You could make the argument Baylor outplayed the cowgirls but we found a way to take the series against Baylor, which is a damn good opponent.

Good teams find a way to win, and we found a way today. Baylor was without their ace Dariana Omre and they pitched well. Should be interesting how they develop

You could make the argument Baylor outplayed the cowgirls but we found a way to take the series against Baylor, which is a damn good opponent.

Good teams find a way to win, and we found a way today. Baylor was without their ace Dariana Omre and they pitched well. Should be interesting how they develop
Baylor seemed to lead most of the weekend. OSU pitching kept them in all three games, and they just found a way to draw walks and get the big hits when it counted. Baylor is going win a lot of league games and I could see them taking one each from UT and OU

Week in review…..Cowgirls went 3-1 to prove to 20-3 and 2-1 in the big 12

Pitching staff done a really good job. This week they gave up 18 hits in 4 games allowing 8 runs(4 were earned), 10 BB, 22 K, 2 HBP

Off top of my head I can think of…approx 5 maybe 6 of those hits were hard hits. At times, I didn’t think we were sharp but allowing 2 runs(1 earned) per game its hard to find any flaws.

Defense was good but not great……Ladies made some spectacular diving catches that belongs on ESPN Top 10 highlights. But the 4 errors is way too many. Luckily for us, none of them cost us the game(s). First two was against WSU when Kilfoyl hurried the throw to home for the force and Davis didn’t field the ball cleanly to try to get the force at home. Davis should have taken the out at first after she bobbled the grounder. Very correctable but need to play clean on defense….teams like Texas and OU will eat our lunch.

Batting….Gajewski has said the hitting looked gross. I agree. Our opponents now have enough data on our team that they will go after our hitters weaknesses. Specially continuing throw lots and lots of off speed pitches. It looked like we never adjusted for the most part.

I would love to be a fly on the wall to see what changes that Shippy-Fletcher has in store to prepare them rest of the year. Moving the hitters up in the box? Do little more film study on upcoming pitchers to see how they spin the ball? Whatever it is….I’m anxious to see it.

Next week opponents

Wednesday vs C. Arkansas

Friday-Sunday vs UCF

Last edited by a moderator:
Week in review…..Cowgirls went 4-0 to prove to 20-3 and 2-1 in the big 12

Pitching staff done a really good job. This week they gave up 18 hits in 4 games allowing 8 runs(4 were earned), 10 BB, 22 K, 2 HBP

Off top of my head I can think of…approx 5 maybe 6 of those hits were hard hits. At times, I didn’t think we were sharp but allowing 2 runs(1 earned) per game its hard to find any flaws.

Defense was good but not great……Ladies made some spectacular diving catches that belongs on ESPN Top 10 highlights. But the 4 errors is way too many. Luckily for us, none of them cost us the game(s). First two was against WSU when Kilfoyl hurried the throw to home for the force and Davis didn’t field the ball cleanly to try to get the force at home. Davis should have taken the out at first after she bobbled the grounder. Very correctable but need to play clean on defense….teams like Texas and OU will eat our lunch.

Batting….Gajewski has said the hitting looked gross. I agree. Our opponents now have enough data on our team that they will go after our hitters weaknesses. Specially continuing throw lots and lots of off speed pitches. It looked like we never adjusted for the most part.

I would love to be a fly on the wall to see what changes that Shippy-Fletcher has in store to prepare them rest of the year. Moving the hitters up in the box? Do little more film study on upcoming pitchers to see how they spin the ball? Whatever it is….I’m anxious to see it.

Next week opponents

Wednesday vs C. Arkansas

Friday-Sunday vs UCF
3-1 but everything else spot on. Can't underestimate how good Baylor is and what a nice series win that was

Back