OSU/Tulsa Invitational

Sportsfan89

Ranger
What a great start for our Cowgirls. 13-1 record and overall the No. 3 in all polls. Team batting a .394 average. Pitching depth is improving. Defense is solid. And the ladies is going to play their first home game of the season. It’s good to be an OSU fan.

Little recap and my personal opinion of last week in the Troy Cox Classic.

When I first looked at the schedule…I did not like who we were facing. I think we were better off playing tougher competition that will push us to be more prepare for the postseason. But that is a fan in me not knowing what is good for the WHOLE team. Games like these can help you workout some kinks and give our future starters some valuable experience when it’s their time.

Game 1 vs New Mexico…we put up 9 runs in the first inning. The game was in total control at that point. This is why Coach Gajewski gets paid to coach and I sit here typing with one finger and cheer on our team. He didn’t hesitate to start getting others in for reps. If he kept the starters in the whole time…we probably would have scored over 20 runs in this game. Kelly Maxwell had 10 K’s for the game. Not much to criticize but if I have to pick one…..I would say Maxwell 5th inning. She had WP and Tuck had a passed ball. Maybe we lost a little focus at the plate from a lopsided game. Top 3 batters of the lineup went 6 for 8, HBP, HR(Edwards), 7 runs and 3 RBIs. Carwile crushed a 3 run shot in the game. Starters did a great job.

Game 2 vs Nebraska….last week we punched them in the mouth and keep on punching for a run rule. This game, was the same except that we just couldn’t get enough hits put together or have that one big hit. 14 singles in the game. As a team we batted a .400. Left 12 runners stranded on base. Gonna have games like this. I‘m glad that we find a way to pull out the W. Lexi Kilfoyl pitched a gem. Left one cookie over the plate that they took it yard is the only flaw I heard on the radio. The defense played superb. No errors. Last week, I had concerns about Bloodworth on 3rd cause her original position is on 2nd….well over this weekend her defensive play has been flawless. The one big flaw in this game happen in the top of the 6th. We had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs In a tie game….Coach G called up a SAC bunt that ended up a fielders choice at 2nd. Runners on the corner for another SAC bunt that wasn’t successful when they got Factor out at home(deja vu of the JMU game). Listen to the game on the radio but it sounded like the two bunts were a little too hard.

Game 3 vs UCS-Bakersfield…Ivy Rosenberry needed this game only allowing 2 hits. Hope this is the start on whats to come when she in the circle.Defense played great. Bench players went 2 for 6. Lott came in and blasted a 2 run HR. Ladies did exactly what they should do.

Game 4 vs New Mexico St…4 home runs by the Cowgirls. 2 by Bloodworth. Before she hit her first, I mentioned to my family that she had 8 hits and they all were singles. I didnt mind as long as she getting on base. As soon as I said it….BOOM! Home run. Then she hit another…i guess she took an exception of my looking at her stats.. One positive thing that happen in this game happen in the first inning. Becker led off with a single. Edwards lay down a successful bunt single that Becker scored on from 1st base. Naomi then laid a bunt single. After what happen on the bunt attempts vs Nebraska….it’s good to see the ladies laid two successful bunts. Kyra Aycock got the start and pitched a good game. I’m excited to see that our pitching staff is getting quality innings as a whole. In this game, I realize that Coach Gajewski has been pulling Factor out and putting Lott in to play LF and move Edwards to CF. He has done this in the UCSB and UTEP games as well….is he giving our future OFs some quality PT together? Looks like it to me.

Game 5 vs UTEP….What a brutal wind conditions they played in. Not sure if it affected Maxwell pitching or it just wasn’t her day. She gave up a 3 run and a 2 run homers. Ivy Rosenberry came in to pitch the last 4 innings to get the W. The level of competition is ok…..overall, lot of our younger players got some quality experience to make Cowgirls Softball stronger for the future.

March 3rd(Fri) at 2:30 pm
vs Maine 4-5
OSU leads the all time series 3-0
last meeting in 2018

March 3rd(Fri) at 5 pm
vs 24/23 Missouri 12-4
Missouri leads the all time series 13-8
last meeting in 2020

March 4th(Sat) at 2:30 pm
vs South Dakota St 9-6
First time meeting

March 4th(Sat) at 5 pm
vs Tarleton St 11-7
OSU lead all time series 1-0
last meeting in 2021

March 5th(Sun) at 12:30 pm
vs South Dakota St

Last edited:
What a great start for our Cowgirls. 13-1 record and overall the No. 3 in all polls. Team batting a .394 average. Pitching depth is improving. Defense is solid. And the ladies is going to play their first home game of the season. It’s good to be an OSU fan.

Little recap and my personal opinion of last week in the Troy Cox Classic.

When I first looked at the schedule…I did not like who we were facing. I think we were better off playing tougher competition that will push us to be more prepare for the postseason. But that is a fan in me not knowing what is good for the WHOLE team. Games like these can help you workout some kinks and give our future starters some valuable experience when it’s their time.

Game 1 vs New Mexico…we put up 9 runs in the first inning. The game was in total control at that point. This is why Coach Gajewski gets paid to coach and I sit here typing with one finger and cheer on our team. He didn’t hesitate to start getting others in for reps. If he kept the starters in the whole time…we probably would have scored over 20 runs in this game. Kelly Maxwell had 10 K’s for the game. Not much to criticize but if I have to pick one…..I would say Maxwell 5th inning. She had WP and Tuck had a passed ball. Maybe we lost a little focus at the plate from a lopsided game. Top 3 batters of the lineup went 6 for 8, HBP, HR(Edwards), 7 runs and 3 RBIs. Carwile crushed a 3 run shot in the game. Starters did a great job.

Game 2 vs Nebraska….last week we punched them in the mouth and keep on punching for a run rule. This game, was the same except that we just couldn’t get enough hits put together or have that one big hit. 14 singles in the game. As a team we batted a .400. Left 12 runners stranded on base. Gonna have games like this. I‘m glad that we find a way to pull out the W. Lexi Kilfoyl pitched a gem. Left one cookie over the plate that they took it yard is the only flaw I heard on the radio. The defense played superb. No errors. Last week, I had concerns about Bloodworth on 3rd cause her original position is on 2nd….well over this weekend her defensive play has been flawless. The one big flaw in this game happen in the top of the 6th. We had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs In a tie game….Coach G called up a SAC bunt that ended up a fielders choice at 2nd. Runners on the corner for another SAC bunt that wasn’t successful when they got Factor out at home(deja vu of the JMU game). Listen to the game on the radio but it sounded like the two bunts were a little too hard.

Game 3 vs UCS-Bakersfield…Ivy Rosenberry needed this game only allowing 2 hits. Hope this is the start on whats to come when she in the circle.Defense played great. Bench players went 2 for 6. Lott came in and blasted a 2 run HR. Ladies did exactly what they should do.

Game 4 vs New Mexico St…4 home runs by the Cowgirls. 2 by Bloodworth. Before she hit her first, I mentioned to my family that she had 8 hits and they all were singles. I didnt mind as long as she getting on base. As soon as I said it….BOOM! Home run. Then she hit another…i guess she took an exception of my looking at her stats.. One positive thing that happen in this game happen in the first inning. Becker led off with a single. Edwards lay down a successful bunt single that Becker scored on from 1st base. Naomi then laid a bunt single. After what happen on the bunt attempts vs Nebraska….it’s good to see the ladies laid two successful bunts. Kyra Aycock got the start and pitched a good game. I’m excited to see that our pitching staff is getting quality innings as a whole. In this game, I realize that Coach Gajewski has been pulling Factor out and putting Lott in to play LF and move Edwards to CF. He has done this in the UCSB and UTEP games as well….is he giving our future OFs some quality PT together? Looks like it to me.

Game 5 vs UTEP….What a brutal wind conditions they played in. Not sure if it affected Maxwell pitching or it just wasn’t her day. She gave up a 3 run and a 2 run homers. Ivy Rosenberry came in to pitch the last 4 innings to get the W. The level of competition is ok…..overall, lot of our younger players got some quality experience to make Cowgirls Softball stronger for the future.

March 3rd(Fri) at 2:30 pm
vs Maine 4-5
OSU leads the all time series 3-0
last meeting in 2018

March 3rd(Fri) at 5 pm
vs 24/23 Missouri 12-4
Missouri leads the all time series 13-8
last meeting in 2020

March 4th(Sat) at 2:30 pm
vs South Dakota St 9-6
First time meeting

March 4th(Sat) at 5 pm
vs Tarleton St 11-7
OSU lead all time series 1-0
last meeting in 2021

March 5th(Sun) at 12:30 pm
vs South Dakota St
The scheduling thing doesn't bother me. With the level of competition, they faced in the first 2+ weeks of the season and with Florida State coming in next weekend its nice to have a little bit of break to get people reps and get the pitching staff more innings. I can't believe the team that Coach G has built with the facilities he's in. Hopefully, softball is up first for facilities because they deserve it.

The scheduling thing doesn't bother me. With the level of competition, they faced in the first 2+ weeks of the season and with Florida State coming in next weekend its nice to have a little bit of break to get people reps and get the pitching staff more innings. I can't believe the team that Coach G has built with the facilities he's in. Hopefully, softball is up first for facilities because they deserve it.
No one deserves it more than wrestling but with what he's doing it has to be 1 and 1A in my book.

Don’t forget the following week in the Mizuno Classic with Arizona St and UCF coming in….Cowgirls Softball will be challenge.

I totally agree with you. I didnt stop and think at the time.

Both definitely deserve their new facility. But I like softball a lot more than wrestling….sp personally I like to have a new softball stadium first.
Totally understand. It’s become my favorite sport I think. I just know what wrestling has meant to the university and I’m sick of psu…..

B1

Becker triple
Edwards SAC FLY RBI
Naomi reached base on throwing error
Wark walked
Naomi and Wark both Stoled
Lott RBI double, runners on 2nd and 3rd
Factor 2 run triple to right
Wynne SAC fly RBI
Schneidmiller single to right
Bloodworth flied out

end of 1