Mizuno Classic

During this game yesterday…,I did go around and talk to some that close to the team about Kelly Maxwell pitching. I notice ever since the UTEP game that she not like herself. Honestly, I thought maybe she has a nagging injury that not to serious to keep her out. But from what these people has told me is that she picked up some bad habits during the off-season. Was it with the pitching coaches from Team USA? Or she tried something different that just not working out? Either way….we need her to get back to her old self.

Want to give Scotland David lots of props. Was so excited for her HOMERUN. That was her 2nd career hit and 1st home run as a Cowgirl. The girl battled injuries these last few years for her to get this hit was so rewarding.

During this game yesterday…,I did go around and talk to some that close to the team about Kelly Maxwell pitching. I notice ever since the UTEP game that she not like herself. Honestly, I thought maybe she has a nagging injury that not to serious to keep her out. But from what these people has told me is that she picked up some bad habits during the off-season. Was it with the pitching coaches from Team USA? Or she tried something different that just not working out? Either way….we need her to get back to her old self.

Want to give Scotland David lots of props. Was so excited for her HOMERUN. That was her 2nd career hit and 1st home run as a Cowgirl. The girl battled injuries these last few years for her to get this hit was so rewarding.
There's definitely something different. For one, she can't hit the outside corner. I don't know how many walks she gave where that was the pitch she missed for ball four. And then the HR's could be a result of frustration from missing her spots on the walks.

Even with her struggles, she's 8-0 with a 2.02 ERA and 112K's in 62IP.
BUT, last year she hovered above and below a 1 ERA. So she's literally allowing twice the run production. She's a fierce competitor and she'll get it worked out.

There's definitely something different. For one, she can't hit the outside corner. I don't know how many walks she gave where that was the pitch she missed for ball four. And then the HR's could be a result of frustration from missing her spots on the walks.

BUT, last year she hovered above and below a 1 ERA. So she's literally allowing twice the run production. She's a fierce competitor and she'll get it worked out.

True and at the meantime, Aycock has stepped up big.

Edwards was pulled out of Saturday game vs Minnesota and did not play in Sunday game. She looked ok warming up. I’m guessing that he wanted to give Katie Lott some PT. Also seeing Claire Timm came in to play 3B the last few innings.

I would like to see more of Claire Timm to see if she is an upgrade offensively and/or defensively from Bloodworth.

A pitcher playing outside your system is a nightmare because of a new pitching coach getting involved. It takes a while to fix stuff.

Back