Big 12 Basketball Tournament

Kansas got blown out in the Big 12 tournament. Time for Kansas to move on from Self. He's washed up. Needs a change of scenery to recharge his batteries. Somewhere familiar...
Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

ISU is such an interesting program. Through different coaches they still take this tournament way more serious than anyone else it seems and they have had a ton of success. KU never takes it seriously and clearly threw in the towel this year to get healthy for the NCAA tournament. As for Self, I don't want anything to do with him anymore. The fact that we cooperated with the NCAA while he lied his a$$ off and got away with it just makes me ragey. I hate him and would not care even a little if he never steps foot in Stillwater ever again even as a highly successful alum. Just so done with him.

ISU is such an interesting program. Through different coaches they still take this tournament way more serious than anyone else it seems and they have had a ton of success. KU never takes it seriously and clearly threw in the towel this year to get healthy for the NCAA tournament. As for Self, I don't want anything to do with him anymore. The fact that we cooperated with the NCAA while he lied his a$$ off and got away with it just makes me ragey. I hate him and would not care even a little if he never steps foot in Stillwater ever again even as a highly successful alum. Just so done with him.
The seriousness of the tourney I'd guess has to do with posturing for big dance seeding. Most years KU has locked up the conference title and a #1 seed already, so why fight tooth and nail in the tourney? Meanwhile ISU, this year included, might lock up a higher seed by making the title game or winning it. They won't get a #1 seed this year, but winning the tourney could remove any doubt as to whether they're a #2 vs #3 seed.

The seriousness of the tourney I'd guess has to do with posturing for big dance seeding. Most years KU has locked up the conference title and a #1 seed already, so why fight tooth and nail in the tourney? Meanwhile ISU, this year included, might lock up a higher seed by making the title game or winning it. They won't get a #1 seed this year, but winning the tourney could remove any doubt as to whether they're a #2 vs #3 seed.
That could be said of most programs, but ISU every years seems to go on a huge run in the conference tournament, and their fans take over KC. It's pretty impressive.

That could be said of most programs, but ISU every years seems to go on a huge run in the conference tournament, and their fans take over KC. It's pretty impressive.
It is very similar to what we and TCU seem to do with baseball vs someone like Tech. Us and the frogs basically throw everything we got at it, while tech frequently goes 2 and Q and moves on.

Back