Mike Boynton Out as Oklahoma State Head Coach

It sure seemed a severe departure from what we had seen. The “all I have to offer is a scholarship” comment made me think he was feeling a lot of pressure.

For reference, the $350k Ole Miss spent on Cisse got them 17 mins/4.8pts a game and they are barely on the cusp to get into tournament. Doesn’t really back up his argument.

I was in a meeting with a guy this week who has a son that plays ball at a C-USA school.

The son has a year of eligibility remaining but has his degree.

The son is an NBA prospect, but I don’t know how high his draft status is.

The school’s NIL has offered the son $750K to stay and play his final year of eligibility.

I’m just offering this up for info. I know so little about college basketball that I’ll have to Google any name that OSU hires.

Class act! Rooting for this guy wherever he goes.

As will I. From a business sense it needed to happen, I'm relieved we are making a move thats needed to bring us back to prosperity. But from a personal angle I don't take any joy in it. He just wasnt good enough or wasnt yet ready. Sincerely hope he finds success elsewhere.

TW interview fiasco be damned, that one incident at the very end when tension of what's coming is high doesn't overshadow all the good ambassadorship for the university he exhibited for 7 years.

Good luck, coach. Maybe see you somewhere down the line.

This situation reminds me of a poster (which today would be an internet meme) of two headshots of Michael Jackson: on the left, a young man as lead singer of Jackson 5. On the right, the one of Michael after all his facial alterations. Caption:

It can always get worse.

Wish St Louis U the best of luck with that, might work out with the lower level of competition, but doubtful that it will!

No way. Two straight fired coaches of ours go straight to St. Louis U?
Two questions come to mind….

What are the odds and what in the world is SLU thinking? Maybe look somewhere else other than OSU for a fired coach…just a thought. I mean whoever is running their coaching search has a sweet gig and doesn’t have to work that hard I guess.

Last edited:
Two questions come to mind….

What are the odds and what in the world is SLU thinking? Maybe look somewhere else other than OSU for a fired coach…just a thought. I mean whoever is running their coaching search has a sweet gig and doesn’t have to work that hard I guess.
Seriously, why hire yet another fired coach from a power conference, let alone the same school? Given the level SLU is at, why aren't they doing the very thing we might be and poaching Ben McCollum from SWMOST? The man has won the D2 title 4 times and is in your same state. Try hiring up instead of taking castaways.

Seriously, why hire yet another fired coach from a power conference, let alone the same school? Given the level SLU is at, why aren't they doing the very thing we might be and poaching Ben McCollum from SWMOST? The man has won the D2 title 4 times and is in your same state. Try hiring up instead of taking castaways.
Maybe Holder is moonlighting as their AD

Back