Cowgirls @ Houston

Edwards has a boot on thinking it’s a sprain but won’t know until getting back to Stillwater when she will get an MRI and a X-ray done. She may be back tomorrow but I lean more to either next week at the earliest

With Kilfoyl likely going tomorrow, I'd say sit Edwards unless she needs to PH.
Timm needs a reset. It doesn't look like she's picking up the ball well at all.
I can see Aycock starting tomorrow but with a short leash to put Kilfoyl in.

It pains me that Aycock is struggling…I’m hoping she gains some confidence and start hitting the spots to help give rest to Kilfoyl and Rosenberry.

No need to rush Edwards back too fast

Revenge game against TU on Wednesday and headed to Ames next weekend so hopefully we can handle business if unable to play

Would like to see UT take series tomorrow and have a funny feeling OU may drop at least one at UCF in a few weeks
OU is still of course the best team in the country, but they are not as good as some of those recent teams. They were pretty lucky they didn't lose 4 or 5 to 1 tonight. I think we have a decent shot to take one from them.

OU is still of course the best team in the country, but they are not as good as some of those recent teams. They were pretty lucky they didn't lose 4 or 5 to 1 tonight. I think we have a decent shot to take one from them.
I don’t there’s a way in the world we will see Mata Haire when we play them. Gasso has to know that would be a terrible idea.

With Kilfoyl likely going tomorrow, I'd say sit Edwards unless she needs to PH.
Timm needs a reset. It doesn't look like she's picking up the ball well at all.
I think this team should be able to manage without Edwards tomorrow and next week if she’s out that long. Iowa state is down this year compared to last season

You wouldn't have picked that up from the broadcast last night. They made it sound like Texas was about the only team left that could seriously challenge the Sooners. I know they cater to the fan bases of the teams playing but really? I hope we take the series.

You wouldn't have picked that up from the broadcast last night. They made it sound like Texas was about the only team left that could seriously challenge the Sooners. I know they cater to the fan bases of the teams playing but really? I hope we take the series.
I know. It's a joke. As good as Gutierrez is for Texas, Kilfoyl is better. And unlike Texas, we can play defense.

Edwards not in the lineup. Tia Warsop to CF, Poullard back to 3B

We face the pitcher that gave us some trouble on Friday in the 3-1 win, this was a last second change for UH

Kilfoyl gets the start

HR way gone to RCF
Groundout to 2B
Ground ball through Poullard's legs. Edward's injury already a factor. We better quit messing around.
--steals 2nd easily
Strikeout swinging
Flyout to RF

UH leads 1-0 after 1

Last edited:
T3
Bloodworth out trying to bunt on first pitch. Man, I wish she'd learn to work the count and draw some walks.
Warsop bunt single to 3B. First Cowgirl hit
Poullard grounds to P, Warsop out at 2nd. Should have been a walk but blue expanded her zone big time
Godwin singles through the left side, LF bobbles the ball, both runners advance
Wang doubles off RF wall, 2 RBI
Wark pops out to LF

BIg mistake pitching to Wang with a base open

2-1 Cowgirls

Last edited:
Back