Cowgirls last midweek home game: Revenge time

Should not even be in extra innings against a team that just beat you. Should be playing with an edge.
That “edge” is the vast difference between us and the clowns down south. Every pitch for them is a World Series. Every strikeout of an opponent or routine out they act like the trophy was on the line. Draw a walk, humanity itself may have just been saved.

Don’t get me wrong, I think their antics and screaming and freak outs are dumb but it works. We don’t play with near that emotion and it can’t be turned on and off, either have it or you don’t.

The polls are a joke. WSU should be between 14-18. But they don’t get any love IMO they are not in a P5.

I’m curious how are the polls a joke? They don’t play in a strong conference. Doesn’t help UCF and South Florida are a little down. The AAC is typically a solid conference. I believe they’re ranked 20/22 in some polls and have played a soft non-conference.

UCF got the love last year and they hosted. Still possible WSU can as well but if they don’t. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them placed in a Stillwater regional which is quite scary to imagine. Offense will get it together….like I said, get the slump out of their system now instead of this happening in the postseason

Last edited:
That “edge” is the vast difference between us and the clowns down south. Every pitch for them is a World Series. Every strikeout of an opponent or routine out they act like the trophy was on the line. Draw a walk, humanity itself may have just been saved.

Don’t get me wrong, I think their antics and screaming and freak outs are dumb but it works. We don’t play with near that emotion and it can’t be turned on and off, either have it or you don’t.
I think there's something to that. It seems like every team we play is more excited to be there than we are. There's nothing wrong with being blue collar and showing up and going about your business quietly, but that doesn't seem to be the way of modern softball.

This team is still having a great season and I think has more talent than last season, but it needs to find that sense of urgency. You'd think last night would have brought it out of them.

It will also be interesting to see how our new hitting coach Cloer helps all of the struggling hitters adjust. Almost all except Naomi and Carwile are trending downward (even Becker....but that was bound to happen). In the past, some players like Busby just ignored instruction and did what they wanted, but it seems like everyone on this team is willing to adjust if necessary.

Last edited:
Biggest fear is getting this team in a regional. Hopefully they move up high enough to host

Now I say put ‘em in our regional. Bring it on

Now I say put ‘em in our regional. Bring it on

If we get back to hitting no problem….otherwise that’s a brutal opponent that can win in Stillwater. The trolling part I don’t mind…we do it quite often to our opponents. Not that deep!

Oh I agree; I also feel like the team will be strong & this would be one of those things that they put a pin in & come regional time if given the opportunity, beat the ever loving brakes off of them.

Back