How Are We Feeling About The UCF Game?

Newpoke

I had this one circled as a loss before the season began, and despite UCF not being quite as good as I thought they might be, I've still got a bad feeling about this one, given our defensive struggles. Everything is setting up too perfectly for a 10-2 regular season, and I could see us laying an egg this Saturday. Hope our guys can avoid the letdown.

There’s a whole lotta speed on that team. We need a few stops and a steady dose of clock chewing, time of possession Ollie G drives. Their run defense is in the 100’s (seen in another post).

There’s a whole lotta speed on that team. We need a few stops and a steady dose of clock chewing, time of possession Ollie G drives. Their run defense is in the 100’s (seen in another post).

Yep, great rushing attack with Harvey and Plumlee--who can improvise and create when under duress. I expect to give up a lot of points. Hope Ollie is close to 100%. I know (think) Brooks is out. Seemed like the rest of the starting OL finished the game.

Should be a fast game. I see both teams trying to establish the run and keep the ball. This weekend we will find out a lot about this team overall. As I’ve said every week, this is another big game.

I’m optimistic, but realize there’s a chance we have a letdown after last week.

We’re pretty banged up right now. We’re thin in key positions, especially WR and LB. Ollie ran more than usual during Bedlam, so I’d hate to lean on him too much this week. I hope Nixon and Collins (my preference) can spell him enough without a significant drop off. Otherwise, we won’t have enough sustained drives to keep them off the field and we won’t keep up in a shootout.

I think it starts with us being able to run the ball, maintain a balanced attack, and keep UCF from wearing down our defense with TOP.

We’re pretty banged up right now. We’re thin in key positions, especially WR and LB. Ollie ran more than usual during Bedlam, so I’d hate to lean on him too much this week. I hope Nixon and Collins (my preference) can spell him enough without a significant drop off. Otherwise, we won’t have enough sustained drives to keep them off the field and we won’t keep up in a shootout.

I think it starts with us being able to run the ball, maintain a balanced attack, and keep UCF from wearing down our defense with TOP.

I agree Collins needs more touches; he's pretty physical. Seems that between he and Ollie, we could wear down UCF's run defense.

Scary game for sure. Gonna need a clean, smart game from the O.

The D has been really good outside of a few busts. Limiting those and getting off the field on 3rd and long would be great.

Every game from here on out will be terrifying. As long as we keep winning, the stakes keep getting higher.

giphy.gif

I would think this late in the season they are probably banged up too and just don’t have the Big 12 talent depth yet. I think this one may be close early then our depth allows the Pokes to blow it open late

I would think this late in the season they are probably banged up too and just don’t have the Big 12 talent depth yet. I think this one may be close early then our depth allows the Pokes to blow it open late
It's that "YET" that worries me a couple of years down the road. This year I appreciate that Bowman is mature enough to keep the team on track offensively. I'm more worried about our defense against their weapons.

I keep thinking about losing the turnover battle to them, lapses in concentration, and getting beat by 14 after the momentum shifts. Plumlee is bound to run for +100 in this game and their RB is no slouch. Defense will have to keep them sub 30 points to win, color me worried about this one.

Well, crap. I thought I was worried enough for everyone. I was actually more confident going into Bedlam than I am this week, and look how that turned out (thougj gloriously, eventually). Still, as others said, I think we wear them down in the end, and I hope that includes a reasonable number of carries for Collins. And if they do sellout to stop the run, our passing game is more than adequate to take up the slack. Certainly don't need any more injuries at WR, though.

This could be a tough one. I think we may mix our RB rotation a little just to keep pounding the rock and control the game since they are one of the worst and stopping the run.

The team that gets ahead early will be hard to catch.
Seriously, the Houston game worries me more than this one! The let down and lack of focus is a worry but if we play a normal game we may rush for over 300 yards against them, yes, their defense is that bad!!! No turnovers is also a big thing for us in this game!!!🤔

Back