OSU 172.5 (8) UCF 259.3 (14) defense

passing:
OSU 280.3 (4) UCF 225.7 (9) offense
OSU 278.0 (14) UCF 220.5 (2) defense

sacks against:
OSU 2 (1) UCF 13 (11)
sacks by:
OSU 10 (8) UCF 15 (1)

The fact that run-oriented KU beat them by nearly 30 points gives me some hope. But the next week, they nearly beat OU in a similar trap game right after the Sooners beat UT. But I believe we match up better against UCF than OU and more similarly to KU.

This is 100% a trap game and will be our most difficult remaining game. Here is why:
1) We are coming off of an emotional win and we were pretty beat up last game. Ollie is obviously not 100%.
2) They are coming off of their first conference win and have been competitive for a couple games now.
3) They have a dynamic offense with a running QB, which we have struggled with this year.
4) Our secondary is a bit suspect, and they have the athletes to exploit that.
5) It is their Space Game, which is their homecoming.

We need to:
1) Keep our focus and jump out to an early lead. Get a TD in that first drive and set the tone.
2) Establish the line of scrimmage. We should have an advantage in the trenches and need to ensure that is the case.
3) Run the ball effectively. This is the worst defense in the Big 12, we need to make them pay on the ground.
4) Rotate running backs and put Ollie on a pitch count if possible. We really need him healthy for the end of the year.
5) Pass to keep them off balance. I could see Owens and Johnson having big games. Bray is also supposed to be back.
6) Get through the game without any new injuries. We need to start getting some people back healthy.

Houston will not feel like an away game as Houston is actually home to the most OSU grads outside of the state of Oklahoma. I personally know a lot of people going to that game. Plus, Gundy owns Holgy head to head.

BYU is regressing and does not have the athletes to hang with us, plus it is at home.

Win this next game and we are pretty much guaranteed to make the Big 12 CCG. We are at a 71% chance of making it as is. Another win will make that jump even more.

This is 100% a trap game and will be our most difficult remaining game. Here is why:
1) We are coming off of an emotional win and we were pretty beat up last game. Ollie is obviously not 100%.
2) They are coming off of their first conference win and have been competitive for a couple games now.
3) They have a dynamic offense with a running QB, which we have struggled with this year.

We need to:
1) Keep our focus and jump out to an early lead. Get a TD in that first drive and set the tone.
2) Establish the line of scrimmage. We should have an advantage in the trenches and need to ensure that is the case.
3) Run the ball effectively. This is the worst defense in the Big 12, we need to make them pay on the ground.
4) Rotate running backs and put Ollie on a pitch count if possible. We really need him healthy for the end of the year.
5) Pass to keep them off balance. I could see Owens and Johnson having big games. Bray is also supposed to be back.
6) Get through the game without any new injuries. We need to start getting some people back healthy.

Houston will not feel like an away game as Houston is actually home to the most OSU grads outside of the state of Oklahoma. I personally know a lot of people going to that game. Plus, Gundy owns Holgy head to head.

BYU is regressing and does not have the athletes to hang with us, plus it is at home.

Win this next game and we are pretty much guaranteed to make the Big 12 CCG. We are at a 71% chance of making it as is. Another win will make that jump even more.
The bolded is what scares me. As an OSU fan, as soon as things are set up perfectly for us, we get the old orange weenie.

We need to:

Their QB got hot @ OU which is something we need to squash. If we pressure him he is prone to mistakes. Just don’t need him running around like a deer in a meadow.

We need to:

That is a DANGEROUS PROPOSITION to say that about Houston considering they beat West Virginia and nearly took Texas into overtime!!! 🤔

Since we have gone to the 3-3-5 I feel like holgorsen isn’t a huge threat. The 3-3-5 is an adjustment to deal with air raid

This week has the real possibility to be a very, very difficult game. Gus Malzahn is a very good offensivce coach, their QB seems to be healthy and he is very good, he's multiple and he's fast. UCF has great run scheme with lots of creative read option, some counter scheme, then a less sophisticated pass game married to it.

Gonna be a fun Cat and Mouse game to watch our safeties handle the conflict between run and pass all day Saturday. That has been a problem in the past, I.E. Kansas.

I think OSU is going to have to do what they did to OU and slow the pace down and help the defense by controlling the ball on offense.

Here's our podcast, joined by Chase Wetwiska, where we give all of our final thoughts on Bedlam and our initial thoughts on the UCF game.

Last edited:
I hope the coaches are playing up the disrespect card. Not only is the spread on this shocking (started a -1 and now it's -2.5), but ESPN is actually predicting UCF to WIN! Their FPI has long been a complete joke, but it is still shocking how much it seems to hate us.

Then there is the fact that UCF ranks 127th is the nation in run defense. I don't want to count my chickens, but this feels to me like we will not do politely throttle them. Ollie could finally break 300 years rushing.

They also lost 41-0 against Kstate.
Ok, if you want to play the comparative score game which I try to avoid then here goes! They (Houston) beat Baylor in Waco 25-24 where as Central Florida lost to Baylor in Orlando 36-35 when Baylor scored 29 unanswered points! Houston beat West Virginia 41-39 in Houston! UCF was dominated by West Virginia 41-28 in Orlando! Here is the biggest difference between these two teams Houston has more talent and depth on defense than UCF!!! Like I said, the game with Houston worries me more because they play just good enough defense to stay in the game going into the 4th quarter!!!
I also remember us getting throttled by K State 48 - 0 last year!

Last edited:
Back