2022-2023 Off-Season

They need to find new coaches to reach out to. Super generic analysis. Seems like it was just done by a fan blogger.

Upon further review, Im sure the coaches that actually are allowed to speak are like low level GAs.
I am still waiting on someone to show me all the production we lost sans a 4 year QB that had all kind of physical and mental issues associated with his time in Stillwater. JPR? We're fine. Stefon Johnson? Replaced. Green? We don't have anyone else that can catch 5 TD's in a year? Etienne? Lowest graded LT in college football and lost his job in spring to a guy that was hurt and didn't even practice? Cobb? Replaced. Trace "my knee hurts" ford? Replaced.

Exactly what production was so valuable that we're doomed?

Last edited:
I am still waiting on someone to show me all the production we lost sans a 4 year QB that had all kind of physical and mental issues associated with his time in Stillwater. JPR? We're fine. Stefon Johnson? Replaced. Green? We don't have anyone else that can catch 5 TD's in a year? Etienne? Lowest graded RT in college football and lost his job in spring to a guy that was hurt and didn't even practice? Cobb? Replaced. Trace "my knee hurts" ford? Replaced.

People (and by people I mean old people) haven't adjusted to the Transfer Portal era where teams can reload and replace fairly easily. And we didn't have a lot of production last year so any sort of production from anyone especially the O Line will be a vast improvement over what we have.

I am still waiting on someone to show me all the production we lost sans a 4 year QB that had all kind of physical and mental issues associated with his time in Stillwater. JPR? We're fine. Stefon Johnson? Replaced. Green? We don't have anyone else that can catch 5 TD's in a year? Etienne? Lowest graded RT in college football and lost his job in spring to a guy that was hurt and didn't even practice? Cobb? Replaced. Trace "my knee hurts" ford? Replaced.

They are mostly just looking at starts per player lost. They tend to forgot the reason some of those people started was because of injuries, not because they were a good player necessarily. Also having Sanders leave accounts for a LOT of the starts and as you say him leaving might be a good thing.

They are mostly just looking at starts per player lost. They tend to forgot the reason some of those people started was because of injuries, not because they were a good player necessarily. Also having Sanders leave accounts for a LOT of the starts and as you say him leaving might be a good thing.
I think the season will be epic fun proving comments like the ones in the article emphatically wrong. Personnel combined with strategic adjustments on both sides will be just what we've been waiting for.

I placed a decent wager on our total wins over while in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. The trip out to collect my winnings will be enjoyable.

I placed a decent wager on our total wins over while in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. The trip out to collect my winnings will be enjoyable.
Is that the only way to collect on a sports bet made while in Vegas -- to go back out there? I will be going to Vegas later this summer and was wondering about that.

I think the season will be epic fun proving comments like the ones in the article emphatically wrong. Personnel combined with strategic adjustments on both sides will be just what we've been waiting for.

What's it set at?

I don't know what to think of the team next year, but the schedule could not be much easier (on paper of course).

Smart bet man! This team is going to surprise people. Gundy will have them ready. If we can’t get 7 wins, I’ll then be concerned. But honestly I feel like we win 9. I absolutely love the change on D and this guy relates really well with these young guys from all I’ve seen/read. This is the most anxious I’ve been for a season in awhile, I’m ready for them to prove people wrong.

I’ve been a diehard Pokes fan since I was 5 and my grandpa and dad took me to a freezing cold Bedlam in freaking 1966! And while it somehow seems like every Halloween the trees are filled with underwear, and every spring the toilets explode on our hopes for a championship, once again I’m all in on us having a fantastic season! I think we’ll win 8 and hope we hit 9, even though in the back of my head I think that it’s gonna take another year to fully utilize the new defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of questions heading into the year.

If the changes we made in the run game work, the O will be really good.

Can the o-line finally stay healthy?

Can Bowman stay healthy?

The new D looks promising but I have no idea. The safeties are extremely talented and deep.

Can Kirkland be dominant in the middle? Can he stay healthy? The NG makes or breaks this D.

Can we keep the LBs healthy, we're a little thin there.

If we stay healthy and everything clicks, we'll have a chance every week.

I can't see a scenario other than mass injuries, including Bowman, where we don't get to 7-8. But we were #6 in the country last year until the wheels fell off so who knows.

8 wins would a great outcome, in my opinion. Gundy is a good coach, and we have a lot of talent, but there's a lot going against us, too.

Kasey Dunn still hasn't convinced me that he's a good OC. I think Bowman could come in and learn a system pretty quickly, but I just don't have a ton of confidence in Dunn's "system".

I've yet to see anything from Dickey that makes me think that he's the right o-line coach for this offense. Now, granted, he ran a zone blocking scheme at KSU that worked really well, then we brought him in and asked him to go away from that. Supposedly, we're going to a zone blocking scheme this year, but I'll be in wait and see mode. Dickey has left a lot to be desired, and now we're asking our linemen to adjust to a new scheme. I'll be interested to see what, if any, kind of progress we make up front this year. I do think this is a make-or-break year for Dickey with Gundy. I don't think he'll get a lot of leash if we come out of the gates performing poorly up front. Not that he'd be replaced mid-year, but I do think that kind of start could be enough to seal his fate here.

Our runningbacks were bad last year. Ollie and Jaden did show a bit of burst, with Ollie showing a bit more, but the offensive line woes were just too much to overcome. Hopefully the combo of Ollie/Jaden/and the newcomer Elijah Collins can show some improvement. I'll be excited to not watch a RB get 149 carries and not have a 20 yard rush again. Watching Richardson run last year was beyond painful. He's a good kid, but damn, last year was tough to watch from him.

Everywhere else on the offense will be fine, good health assumed. Our defense has talent everywhere, despite losing a lot of experience. My only concern talent-wise will be CB depth. However, our DC will be a gigantic question mark. I think he can become a good DC, but it's going to take time. I don't know how fair it is to expect him to step up to this level of competition and not expect a bit of a step back in defensive performance. Granted, Mason was not good last year, but I'm not going to expect a ton of progress from our defense with Nardo stepping up to this caliber of play. Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but I just want to make sure that I'm mentally ready to give Nardo some time.

I think 8 wins would be superb, and although we'll lose Bowman next year, it would be a really positive indicator of the direction of this team heading into 2024-25. Realistically, I don't think Vegas was too far off, if the ball doesn't bounce our way once or twice or we continue to be hampered by injuries.

8 wins would a great outcome, in my opinion. Gundy is a good coach, and we have a lot of talent, but there's a lot going against us, too.

Kasey Dunn still hasn't convinced me that he's a good OC. I think Bowman could come in and learn a system pretty quickly, but I just don't have a ton of confidence in Dunn's "system".

I've yet to see anything from Dickey that makes me think that he's the right o-line coach for this offense. Now, granted, he ran a zone blocking scheme at KSU that worked really well, then we brought him in and asked him to go away from that. Supposedly, we're going to a zone blocking scheme this year, but I'll be in wait and see mode. Dickey has left a lot to be desired, and now we're asking our linemen to adjust to a new scheme. I'll be interested to see what, if any, kind of progress we make up front this year. I do think this is a make-or-break year for Dickey with Gundy. I don't think he'll get a lot of leash if we come out of the gates performing poorly up front. Not that he'd be replaced mid-year, but I do think that kind of start could be enough to seal his fate here.

Our runningbacks were bad last year. Ollie and Jaden did show a bit of burst, with Ollie showing a bit more, but the offensive line woes were just too much to overcome. Hopefully the combo of Ollie/Jaden/and the newcomer Elijah Collins can show some improvement. I'll be excited to not watch a RB get 149 carries and not have a 20 yard rush again. Watching Richardson run last year was beyond painful. He's a good kid, but damn, last year was tough to watch from him.

Everywhere else on the offense will be fine, good health assumed. Our defense has talent everywhere, despite losing a lot of experience. My only concern talent-wise will be CB depth. However, our DC will be a gigantic question mark. I think he can become a good DC, but it's going to take time. I don't know how fair it is to expect him to step up to this level of competition and not expect a bit of a step back in defensive performance. Granted, Mason was not good last year, but I'm not going to expect a ton of progress from our defense with Nardo stepping up to this caliber of play. Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but I just want to make sure that I'm mentally ready to give Nardo some time.

I think 8 wins would be superb, and although we'll lose Bowman next year, it would be a really positive indicator of the direction of this team heading into 2024-25. Realistically, I don't think Vegas was too far off, if the ball doesn't bounce our way once or twice or we continue to be hampered by injuries.
So many factors going into the season Forsure.

One thing though, Dickey was primarily gap scheme at K-State and we’ve ran zone scheme here. We’re supposedly going to more gap scheme this coming season, which IMO is fantastic.

So many factors going into the season Forsure.

One thing though, Dickey was primarily gap scheme at K-State and we’ve ran zone scheme here. We’re supposedly going to more gap scheme this coming season, which IMO is fantastic.
Ah yeah, sorry. Got it flipped around.

Back