Offseason Thread: What was your favorite OSU football moment?

Man, this might be the toughest question I’ve attempted to answer on this board. So many awesome memories.

I’m going to have to go with the bedlam win this year. This game just felt different. Everything about it just seemed surreal. The way our season started, Ou had beat Texas and were “back”, last bedlam game for foreseeable future, all of the hate Gundy was receiving both locally and nationally. To come out and win that game and the way it ended was just so special. I’m by no means a new Cowboy fan, I’ve witnessed many great moments (as well as some atrocious seasons/moments) but this win just felt different than the rest. I was standing up right in front of our TV, Stoops got tackled short. My jaw dropped, my hands went directly on top of my head, I turned to my wife in complete disbelief and said “oh my God, we did it..we won the last bedlam” and her excitement (she was hanging on the edge the entire game with me) put the icing on the cake. A true memory I’ll cherish forever!

Hands down my favorite OSU football memory is from the 2005 season where we went 1-7 in conference. That one win? Against 13th-ranked Texas Tech. I was in the front row of the student section right on the goal like when Al "Jala" Pena ran the QB sneak to score a touchdown with 23 seconds left. We were so bad that year but I will always remember that game fondly.
That was a great one. Mike Hamilton had a huge day. Very underrated OSU player.

It has to be from the 2001 Bedlam Victory which was part of an ESPN weekly series on the Zero U football season that year! That particular episode generated a lot of publicity for us because of the magnitude of that upset win! My favorite part of the ESPN episode was the smug Zero U Assclown screaming “this is the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen” from his seat in the stands as the final seconds ticked off! If anyone can find and post that snippet I will donate an extra $100 in YOUR NAME to Pokes With a Purpose and give you full credit!!! 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Here you go. :cool:

1995 12-0 Bedlam win in Norman. First win in my lifetime (I was born in 77)

My dad and I just decided to drive up at the last minute and get tickets (was much easier back then) because we had a hunch. We celebrated on the field and then followed the busses back to Stillwater for a pretty crazy celebration.

I've also been to two Fiesta Bowl wins, the Big 12 Championship Bedlam win, Rashaun goes wild Bedlam game, win over Nebraska after however many years....but that one in '95 will always be the top.

Loved that game, especially when McQuarters intercepted the pass and Schnelly gets in that defensive stance like RW was going to run him over on the sidelines.

1976 Bedlam in Norman, I was a Boy Scout from Stillwater and was fortunate enough to get to go to the game free as an usher. First Bedlam win in my lifetime. After the game we had a bus load of 10-12 year old scouts from Stillwater that were very excited about the win. We were shouting “ We Beat OU” and had little gray haired ladies cussing at us and throwing hot coffee through the windows at us. My first real experience with Sooner fans, can’t say it got much better in the last 50 years.
Yep, that was a great one too. My senior year and had the priveledge of playing in the band. BIG celebration with my Tuba brothers!!!

My favorite Cowboy game was the 1976 game at home against Missouri. It was a classic down to the wire game. Pokes prevail 20-19.

1995 12-0 Bedlam win in Norman. First win in my lifetime (I was born in 77)

My dad and I just decided to drive up at the last minute and get tickets (was much easier back then) because we had a hunch. We celebrated on the field and then followed the busses back to Stillwater for a pretty crazy celebration.

I've also been to two Fiesta Bowl wins, the Big 12 Championship Bedlam win, Rashaun goes wild Bedlam game, win over Nebraska after however many years....but that one in '95 will always be the top.

I’m a tad older so this was the 2nd win of my life. Got invited by a sooner fan that I knew from church. We weren’t really friends but his uo brother backed out last minute. We sat in the non bowled in endzone (south I think). I remember the fans leaving before the game was over and getting cussed at by nearly every uo fan that walked by. Also the uo fan didn’t say one word on the way home after he told me not to say one word as we got closer to his truck.

Best drive back to Tulsa ever.

Last edited:
I went back and forth on this. After thinking about it, I went with Bedlam this last season. Last one. OU came back to get a lead and the vibe would usually be “here we go again”, but I never got down on our chances. The breaks they usually get didn’t happen; in fact, they went in our favor. And I was there, too. I’ve never screamed as loudly as I did when Stoops was short.

Bedlam 21 was special since I listened on Varsity Network in Iraq staying dead silent since I had a roommate. Bedlam 02 was there too because I was in high school and was tired of all my Sooner classmates talking smack about our “fluke” win the year prior.

Outside of Bedlam, probably the wins over Georgia in 09 or Notre Dame in the Fiesta.

I went back and forth on this. After thinking about it, I went with Bedlam this last season. Last one. OU came back to get a lead and the vibe would usually be “here we go again”, but I never got down on our chances. The breaks they usually get didn’t happen; in fact, they went in our favor. And I was there, too. I’ve never screamed as loudly as I did when Stoops was short.

Bedlam 21 was special since I listened on Varsity Network in Iraq staying dead silent since I had a roommate. Bedlam 02 was there too because I was in high school and was tired of all my Sooner classmates talking smack about our “fluke” win the year prior.

Outside of Bedlam, probably the wins over Georgia in 09 or Notre Dame in the Fiesta.
This is a good one. This year was life changing for me (life giving). It was a big win on top of a big win

That was a great one. Mike Hamilton had a huge day. Very underrated OSU player.

And a very underrated game in Gundy's tenure. Team was struggling mightily at 3-5 & not really competitive in those 5 conference losses, but that game showed a team that hadn't quit on the season. This game was a big factor in turning the corner the next year and making that Independence Bowl, imo.

My favorite moment is probably still the '83 Gator Bowl with Hilger, Thurman and of course Barry Hanna and his tightrope act.

And a very underrated game in Gundy's tenure. Team was struggling mightily at 3-5 & not really competitive in those 5 conference losses, but that game showed a team that hadn't quit on the season. This game was a big factor in turning the corner the next year and making that Independence Bowl, imo.

My favorite moment is probably still the '83 Gator Bowl with Hilger, Thurman and of course Barry Hanna and his tightrope act.
That was an awesome game, not sure how I ended up sitting in the middle of the South Carolina fans at that game but it made for a fun experience. While they were not near as excited as I was about the Hanna catch and run, they were good sports about it all.

My seats were actually in the OU student section for that game (2001 win in Norman).

Odd thing was I was not treated bad at all by students. However leaving the game several adult OU fans yelled at me simply for having the audacity of wearing orange.
I have been to two bedlams in Norman, the 1997 blowout win by us and the 2016 game in the pouring rain and I was basically right next to the student section both times and never had a problem with them since they seem more interested in heading to the nearest after game party but the old crotchety crowd is a different story!

Back