Offseason Thread: What was your favorite OSU football moment?

One that may not get talked about much is vs Baylor 2013. So much anticipation about that game and Baylor fans thought they were going to pack BPS. Briles ran up the score on everyone and we just flat out dominated. Chelf threw a long ball to Seales at the end to give them a taste of their own medicine.

I was at this game. The atmosphere was awesome that night! Super cold also. This game is 2nd on my list of favorite Oklahoma State games I attended! Only behind the first game my kids attended with my wife and I (which was K State this year).

One that may not get talked about much is vs Baylor 2013. So much anticipation about that game and Baylor fans thought they were going to pack BPS. Briles ran up the score on everyone and we just flat out dominated. Chelf threw a long ball to Seales at the end to give them a taste of their own medicine.

That the Baylor game to which College Gameday came to Stillwater for?

I'm pretty sure it was.

Mine will always be back to my time in College as that was when everything was fresh and exciting. It is hard to pick one favorite, but it was probably the 2003 Texas Tech game where they almost came back from 4 touchdown downs in the 4th quarter.

Tech was virtually unstoppable in that fourth quarter. They had scored 28 points to our 3 and the score was 51-49 so all they needed was a field goal. With 4 minutes left we go three and out. Then we attempt a fake punt and screw it up. 2:08 to go Tech has the ball at their own 35. The instantly get another 20 yards. 2 minutes to go and they basically need 10 yards and a field goal.

Considering we had just witnessed 30 minutes of Tech doing whatever they wanted on offense, every soul in the building thinks it is over. Suddenly, we break through the line and chase B.J. Symons backwards for a 15 yard loss. The very next play we break through AGAIN! Symons freaks out and throws it up for grabs. We intercept it. 2 kneel downs later the game is over.

Never in my time as a college football fan have I ever seen a game swing like that. The stadium when from utter silence to the loudest I ever heard it in a moment. Complete despair became unimaginable joy in two plays. I forget who it was that broke through the line, but I think it was the same player both times. I can only image he had just then figured out the snap count.

I was watching that game at my neighbor's house. He played for Tech. I had to leave in the 3rd quarter for a party that my wife and I had committed to. I saw my neighbor the next day and told him that I was about to leave the party in the 4th quarter and go back to his house to finish the game. He said that he had already locked all the doors and I wasn't getting in. :LOL:

One of the few games I got to sit in the big boy section. Usually it was the east end zone with all the other kids. I turned to look at my dad and asked if he thought Barry Sanders would be able to replace Thurman Thomas. Everyone was lined up for the kickoff. 1988 season opening kickoff btw vs Miami Ohio.
My Freshman year and first OSU game. About the 19th row around the 20 yard line. The side where Barry ended up returning that opening kick-off to.

I was watching that game at my neighbor's house. He played for Tech. I had to leave in the 3rd quarter for a party that my wife and I had committed to. I saw my neighbor the next day and told him that I was about to leave the party in the 4th quarter and go back to his house to finish the game. He said that he had already locked all the doors and I wasn't getting in. :LOL:
I had to leave at the end of the third quarter to make it to a wedding. I told my then girlfriend (now wife) that there's no way I'd be late and the game would be over in plenty of time. I remember listening to the final interception in my car during the reception.

One of the most memorable moments was Big Game Bob stupidly kicking for field position when he could have just let time run out. Wife said “Well, that’s it.” I said “No we’ve got one more chance.” Tyreek Hill to the house. The absolute fastest I’ve ever seen gooners dumbfounded in an instant😍

The A&M game in 2010 or 2009 when Danimal Bailey drained it to send the gags back to Texas as losers. The reaction of the crowd was incredible. One lady was waving her prosthetic leg around in celebration
It's the little things that really stick with you.

One of the most memorable moments was Big Game Bob stupidly kicking for field position when he could have just let time run out. Wife said “Well, that’s it.” I said “No we’ve got one more chance.” Tyreek Hill to the house. The absolute fastest I’ve ever seen gooners dumbfounded in an instant😍

At the time I thought the re-punt made sense - at least for the 30 seconds it took them to mark off the penalty and set the ball. Run another play, hang it up high, bleed another 10 seconds or so off the 20-30 that were left. But as soon as Tyreek caught it with a little space around him I said out loud "uh oh, he's got a chance!" The next 10 seconds I was yelling gibberish. After the score, I was 100% sure we were going to win.

At the time I thought the re-punt made sense - at least for the 30 seconds it took them to mark off the penalty and set the ball. Run another play, hang it up high, bleed another 10 seconds or so off the 20-30 that were left. But as soon as Tyreek caught it with a little space around him I said out loud "uh oh, he's got a chance!" The next 10 seconds I was yelling gibberish. After the score, I was 100% sure we were going to win.
I was in a hospitality room surrounded by fans of goon at a basketball tournament when The Cheetah got loose in Norman. When boob decided to rekick it I said it would be terrible if Tyreek ran it back, laughter at my silly comment. Kick, 30 seconds, stunned silence, then a bunch of people that had anything else to do than watch overtime. I couldn’t stop laughing

I was in a hospitality room surrounded by fans of goon at a basketball tournament when The Cheetah got loose in Norman. When boob decided to rekick it I said it would be terrible if Tyreek ran it back, laughter at my silly comment. Kick, 30 seconds, stunned silence, then a bunch of people that had anything else to do than watch overtime. I couldn’t stop laughing
I had to go to the (now) ex's work Christmas party that night. The re-kick happened as we entered the parking lot and I wouldn't go in so I could listen to OT. We were a few minutes late and all of the people at our table were goons 'cept me.
That was the best of all the work functions I had to attend of theirs.

In hindsight, I think the ex viewed my passion for sports as a huge flaw and was probably pissed off that we were late...esp since I was married to a goon.

I had to go to the (now) ex's work Christmas party that night. The re-kick happened as we entered the parking lot and I wouldn't go in so I could listen to OT. We were a few minutes late and all of the people at our table were goons 'cept me.
That was the best of all the work functions I had to attend of theirs.

In hindsight, I think the ex viewed my passion for sports as a huge flaw and was probably pissed off that we were late...esp since I was married to a goon.
You realize your first mistake, right?

You realize your first mistake, right?
Oh No Nbc GIF by Will & Grace

Back