Off-Season Fun: Top 10 OSU Wide Receivers

celldweller7

Deputy
Patreon Supporter
List your top 10 favorite receivers in OSU history. Whether you witnessed them yourself or from lore!

1: Rashaun Woods - I was college age the same time he was at OSU. I was always a Cowboy fan before, but I feel in love with Cowboy football through him.
2: Justin Blackmon - I don't think I had more fun watching an OSU receiver.
3: Dez Bryant - It is rare that you get watch someone so talented in person. If he wasn't suspended by the NCAA, he could be higher.
4: James Washington - Joy, watching him go deep was a such a wonderful joy.
5: Alonzo Mayes - I know he was tight end, I don't care. I loved this guy when I was a kid. His hands were excellent and everyone knew when it was headed his way, but it didn't matter.
6: Tylan Wallace - Superman! What a freak-ish talent who seemed to capable of contorting his body in any direction.
7: T.D. Bryant - Not a star, but man he made some awesome catches.
8: Josh Stewart - I wish like hell he stuck around one more season, but he was a walking highlight reel.
9: Adarius Bowman - What he lacked in top end speed, he made up for in physical dominance and a bullying attitude.
10: Marcellus Rivers - Sure he was actually a TE, but I'm counting him here. I loved watching this guy play.

List your top 10 favorite receivers in OSU history. Whether you witnessed them yourself or from lore!

1: Rashaun Woods - I was college age the same time he was at OSU. I was always a Cowboy fan before, but I feel in love with Cowboy football through him.
2: Justin Blackmon - I don't think I had more fun watching an OSU receiver.
3: Dez Bryant - It is rare that you get watch someone so talented in person. If he wasn't suspended by the NCAA, he could be higher.
4: James Washington - Joy, watching him go deep was a such a wonderful joy.
5: Alonzo Mayes - I know he was tight end, I don't care. I loved this guy when I was a kid. His hands were excellent and everyone knew when it was headed his way, but it didn't matter.
6: Tylan Wallace - Superman! What a freak-ish talent who seemed to capable of contorting his body in any direction.
7: T.D. Bryant - Not a star, but man he made some awesome catches.
8: Josh Stewart - I wish like hell he stuck around one more season, but he was a walking highlight reel.
9: Adarius Bowman - What he lacked in top end speed, he made up for in physical dominance and a bullying attitude.
10: Marcellus Rivers - Sure he was actually a TE, but I'm counting him here. I loved watching this guy play.
Good list, but no Dykes is surprising. Top 3 in my book

Numero Uno is and shall always be Mr. Hart Lee Dykes. Before anyone argues just remember there's been one wide receiver that got four different schools post season or recruiting penalties, Hart Lee being on the outside opened the running lanes for the greatest RB ever.

Comes down to this for me. Game on the line, I have to pick a go to WR to make the play. I'm picking Blackmon hands down. He was notorious for making play after play after play in the biggest moments with the whole world watching. At that, everyone knew he was getting the ball and no one could stop it, no one. He could run every route, big/physical. He had it all. If it wasn't for his addiction, I fully believe he would end up in the HOF.

Great thread celldweller7! Love these types of discussions. Really, you can't go wrong with 3 of those dudes. Man, we have had some dang good WR's. I'm really hoping Bray or Shettron can be the next one, another one from our great state.

Comes down to this for me. Game on the line, I have to pick a go to WR to make the play. I'm picking Blackmon hands down. He was notorious for making play after play after play in the biggest moments with the whole world watching. At that, everyone knew he was getting the ball and no one could stop it, no one. He could run every route, big/physical. He had it all. If it wasn't for his addiction, I fully believe he would end up in the HOF.
Unless he was fumbling the ball out of the endzone untouched against A&M :ROFLMAO: I was at the Fiesta Bowl against Stanford. He was unguardable. 8 catches for 186 yards 3 TDs. The dude was otherwordly. Sad that his career ended the way that it did. I drive through that intersection in Edmond every day and it makes me sad.

Unless he was fumbling the ball out of the endzone untouched against A&M :ROFLMAO: I was at the Fiesta Bowl against Stanford. He was unguardable. 8 catches for 186 yards 3 TDs. The dude was otherwordly. Sad that his career ended the way that it did. I drive through that intersection in Edmond every day and it makes me sad.
Man I was so shocked when I watched that live. My jaw literally dropped. Couldn't believe what I had just witnessed lol!

Agree to disagree.
Are you commenting on his abilities or on the after effects? Lots of people still can't forgive, some serious bad times followed. He was just a kid though, Jimmy Johnson wasn't.

Even after all these years and all these great receivers Hart Lee Dykes is still fourth in total touchdowns and fourth in total receiving yards.

Last edited:
1. Justin Blackmon
2. Hart Lee Dykes
3. Dez Bryant
4. Rashaun Woods
5. James Washington
6. Adarius Bowman
7. Tylan Wallace
8. Josh Stewart
9. Josh Cooper
10. Dillon Stoner

Back