Off-Season Fun: Top 10 OSU Defensive Line

celldweller7

Deputy
Patreon Supporter
They can be the best, your favorite, your kid, yourself, just shoot out your top ten OSU Defensive Lineman. As for the debate about if a player played more with hands in the dirt or not, I don't care.

My least is almost entirely built off my favorites from childhood and college days. Why is our best ever #3 on my list? I know him almost solely as a San Diego Charger and we OSU folks don't do the job that the blue bloods do at keeping our history in the collective memory.

1. Jason Gildon
2. Kevin Williams
3. Leslie O'Neal
4. Greg Richmond
5. Jevon Langford
6. Antonio Smith
7. Jamal Williams
8. Juqua Thomas
9. Nathan Peterson
10. Ryan McBean

1. Leslie O'Neal
2. Kevin Williams
3. Philip Dokes
4. Jason Gildon
5. Dexter Manley
6. Rodney Harding
7. Jevon Langford
8. Jerry Sherk
9. Emmanuel Ogbah
10. John Washington

11. Jamal Williams
11. Nathan Peterson
12. Greg Richmond
13. Antonio Smith
14. Juqua Thomas
15. Vincent Taylor

OSU folks don't do the job that the blue bloods do at keeping our history in the collective memory.
It irks me to no end that OSU does such a poor job of bringing back our former stars, recognizing them on the sidelines or in the stands, continuing to make them a part of the program. As much as I obsolutely hate OU, they do such a good job at this.

It irks me to no end that OSU does such a poor job of bringing back our former stars, recognizing them on the sidelines or in the stands, continuing to make them a part of the program. As much as I obsolutely hate OU, they do such a good job at this.
Oh, you don’t go to the games, do you? Ring of honor? Statues starting to happen? Numerous former stars, even former teams have been recognized.

Oh, you don’t go to the games, do you? Ring of honor? Statues starting to happen? Numerous former stars, even former teams have been recognized.
Really? lol. There's one statue and it took about 30 years to happen -- for the best RB in history. I won't disagree that OSU is doing BETTER but to think we do a great job is absurd. When was the last time these former stars were on campus or at a game and you heard their names announced -- Leslie O'Neal, Jason Gildon, Dexter Manley, John Corker, John Washington, Chris Rockins, Walt Garrison, Mark Moore, Mike Hudson, Brandon Pettigrew, Adarious Bowman, Dez Bryant, Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, Brandon Weeden, Jerry Sherk, David Thompson, Terry Miller, Russell Okung, Kendall Hunter, RW McQuarters, Hart Lee Dykes, Emmanual Ogbah, Justin Blackman, Tatum Bell, Dan Bailey, Rashaun Woods, Charlie Johnson, Vincent Taylor, Nathan Peterson? A few have been a time or two over the years.

Last edited:
I think even further, let's use YouTube. Make awesome highlight videos, super short versions for TikTok and Instagram Reels, little interviews, etc etc. We know we weren't a good program for 50 years, but we can still celebrate the good times. Hell, we should even continue to mark the heartbreaks. I guess now it would all be on that paid youtube service we have, but putting it behind a paywall would defeat the purpose.

Really? lol. There's one statue and it took about 30 years to happen -- for the best RB in history. I won't disagree that OSU is doing BETTER but to think we do a great job is absurd. When was the last time these former stars were on campus or at a game and you heard their names announced -- Leslie O'Neal, Jason Gildon, Dexter Manley, John Corker, John Washington, Chris Rockins, Walt Garrison, Mark Moore, Mike Hudson, Brandon Pettigrew, Adarious Bowman, Dez Bryant, Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, Brandon Weeden, Jerry Sherk, David Thompson, Terry Miller, Russell Okung, Kendall Hunter, RW McQuarters, Hart Lee Dykes, Emmanual Ogbah, Justin Blackman, Tatum Bell, Dan Bailey, Rashaun Woods, Charlie Johnson, Vincent Taylor, Nathan Peterson? A few have been a time or two over the years.
LOL. Dykes, Bryant, Thomas, Sanders, Weeden and Miller have all been involved in the last year or two.

LOL. Dykes, Bryant, Thomas, Sanders, Weeden and Miller have all been involved in the last year or two.
Yes, some have been to Stillwater over the years -- a few even in recent years. Not enough have been. Not enough engagement. Read what Hart Lee said just a couple years ago. And after reading that and you still think player engagement is good then I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, some have been to Stillwater over the years -- a few even in recent years. Not enough have been. Not enough engagement. Read what Hart Lee said just a couple years ago. And after reading that and you still think player engagement is good then I don't know what to tell you.
I’ll answer your article from 3 years ago with one from 18 months ago. A new athletic director willing to spend more money and moving beyond COVID means something.

Back