OSU verses NC State

I don’t like that a takedown is 3 points but a reversal is still just two. If I takedown is 3 then a reversal should also be 3
Wasn’t that the argument to go to 3for a TD in the first place? Or was it the escape being worth half a takedown?

From what I can tell it was more about the 1 point escape. Just doesn’t make sense that I get initial position it’s 3 points but if I’m able to reverse positions and get on top it’s still just 2
Your problem is you're looking at it from the lens of what makes sense and is good for the actual sport, neither of which the ncaa cares about. They only care about how much money they can wring out of it, and higher scoring more action-packed affairs are the only way to do so.

Wrestling is in the same boat as baseball with the pitch clock. They're trying to fix what isn't broken to coax in new people to watch, which will have little to no impact beyond pissing off the folks who already watch and enjoy the sport as is, exactly because of how it's played given the long-standing rules/strategy.

I should probably re-fit my tinfoil hat it's been feeling a bit snug.

Statement Win for the Cowboys.
This answers a LOT of questions.
Only 1 match to be concerned about; yet against a determined Top 3 wrestler. OSU’s guy is learning what it takes.
Jamison was CLEARLY favoring his injured right arm…and could have/should have won. He was the aggressor.
Teague Travis likely had the upset of the weekend.
Spratley’s win shouldn’t be minimized in any way…something is off with Camacho, he’s been ranked as high as #1.

To do this, on the road, was huge. The Christmas Break training sessions seem to have worked.

Back