OSU verses NC State

Great dual meet. For OSU, Travis' performance at 157 was game changer. He beat guy who was 5th last year and on his home mat.

Spratley's match may have been a game changer. NCS guy had lost 3 matches in a row. Was he on a downer, or is Spratley going to start to live up to promise.

With those 2 guys, maybe Okie State gets 6 AA.

Fix looked very good and beat a guy ranked 5 pretty bad. Same with Plot. Highly ranked guy who he beat pretty good on home mat. Olejnik was also fine. Did what he was expected to do.

Doucet looked pretty good at 285. Took some shots. He is not that far away from AA.

Jamison lost in last second takedown. To me he looked winded in 3rd period. Has been out with injury. I would take him in rematch any day. So I still think he is AA. But I am a homer.

Thompson wrestled a 6th year guy who was solid muscle. Bad matchup for him. I think there are guys Thompson beats with easy that beat this guy, yet Thompson has a hard time with him. Still he won at end but needs to learn how to deal with stonger guys who don't have his skills. I still have hope, but would not count on AA status for him this year.

Robb was overmatched but I still like what he showed. NCS guy wanted a pin and never got Robb close to his back. Robb is as strong as they come. If he cam make 184, will be tough for a lot of 184 pounders to handle. For a guy that was a low level recruit (like Travis), he may one day help.

OK, downer of night was Williams. This was very high level recruit who has tons of talent. Looked terrible. NCS guy was very good., but so was NCS guy at 125, 133, 141, and 157. To me Williams is a long way from AA status and Smith needs to think between Travis and Williams, who needs to be at 149 and at 157. And the focus should be where does Travis have the best chance, cause Williams is unlikely to place at either wieght.

Still disagree on Williams and especially disagree on messing with the lineup at this point. Think this is the one. Let Teague go at 157. Williams will sort it out. Benching him will end his career, in my opinion. But if you let it roll he's always performed well on the biggest stages.

Really encouraging dual for the Cowboys. Spratley started it it great. Fix showed that there is all American level, then there is title contender level that is a notch above. Overall we just went into a hostile environment and won easily. This should be encouraging and point to great improvement over last year.

Fix majored the #5 guy in the country weighing 130. He's winning a national title this year.

Fix majored the #5 guy in the country weighing 130. He's winning a national title this year.
What do you think that means for Daton? I know trials are right after the season and he probably wants to manage his weight very carefully, but I don't see him going 125 for the season. Not the right move for the team in my opinion.

I don't think he's going down to 125. I think he's shrinking his body for trials but will carry the extra weight and wrestle 133 at NCAAs.

Reactions: DPJ
I don't think he's going down to 125. I think he's shrinking his body for trials but will carry the extra weight and wrestle 133 at NCAAs.
That's what I was thinking as well. Makes no sense for the team to have him drop

OK, Lee you convinced me on leaving Travis at 157. I hope Williams can start to pull it together. Even I can see he has tons of talent.

Back