Big 12 Tournament Seedings

As long as we wrestle to seed, we'll have at least 9 going. Surber just needs to place 6th for us to get all 10. Should be doable.

As long as we wrestle to seed, we'll have at least 9 going. Surber just needs to place 6th for us to get all 10. Should be doable.
Hopefully, he's used the last week or so to get healthy. He's under seeded because he has missed a lot because of injury. If he is healthy I definitely wouldn't want him on my side of the bracket.

Hopefully, he's used the last week or so to get healthy. He's under seeded because he has missed a lot because of injury. If he is healthy I definitely wouldn't want him on my side of the bracket.
He also looked...rough his last few outings

When Surber wrestled the Iowa guy (who is very good) he lost when he gave up a takedown late 3rd period. I think Surber was gassed, as was much better in 1st period. With a couple of weeks to train and get in shape, maybe that problem goes away.
I think Surber does better than 7, but unless he shows he is much better faces a tough time at nationals as 197 is loaded wieght class.

Key to OSU in Big 12 are 125, 141, 149, 157, and 174. Williams at 149 and Thompson at 174 have been least consistent wrestlers on team, yet they may hold OSU's fate at big 12 as both face Iowa State guys in semifinals (and both are underdogs). Iowa State is slight favorate to win (I think), but if those guys can pull upsets, OSU should have upper hand.

Back