Big XII Tournament Thread

Dustin Plott gets a TD with 5 seconds to go the win the Big 12 Championship! Missouri guy was gassed and Plott put so much pressure on him.

Committed to us. Would have come if Ferrari hadn't flamed out. Ended up at Penn State instead. If we had Kerkvliet and Ferrari this year Mizzou doesn't have a chance of catching us. That puts 5 Pokes in the Finals instead of 3. Maybe 6 with everyone shifted down a weight class because of Ferrari.

I would even say if we just had Ferrari, we probably win the Big 12 title since we only trailed Missouri by 14 points at the end. We beat Iowa State who is ranked ahead of us, so we performed about as well as we could have hoped for with who we had left. Don’t we have another highly ranked heavyweight coming in next year?
9583c96959e53c2bf3e3c97d0ffb91b0.jpg

I would even say if we just had Ferrari, we probably win the Big 12 title since we only trailed Missouri by 14 points at the end. We beat Iowa State who is ranked ahead of us, so we performed about as well as we could have hoped for with who we had left. Don’t we have another highly ranked heavyweight coming in next year?
9583c96959e53c2bf3e3c97d0ffb91b0.jpg
If we have Ferrari, he beats Elam easily and it is very close between us and Mizzou. We have Christian Carroll coming in.

Gotta admit, having Pokes, Tigers, Cyclones, and goons in the tournament felt right. Needed the Huskers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Committed to us. Would have come if Ferrari hadn't flamed out. Ended up at Penn State instead. If we had Kerkvliet and Ferrari this year Mizzou doesn't have a chance of catching us. That puts 5 Pokes in the Finals instead of 3. Maybe 6 with everyone shifted down a weight class because of Ferrari.

This is wrong on several levels... Kerk was in a class before Ferrari, first and foremost.

Also it's a very good thing that Ferrari is gone.

If we have Ferrari, he beats Elam easily and it is very close between us and Mizzou. We have Christian Carroll coming in.

The 2023 class is going to be #1 in the country.

We have the #4 guy in the class in Christian Carroll. The #6 guy in Braydon Thompson. The #20 guy in Cael Hughes. All three are going to be excellent contriutors for our team.

This is wrong on several levels... Kerk was in a class before Ferrari, first and foremost.

On top of this Kerkvliet cost us a ton of guys. We were in on Cholton Schultz, who ended up at Arizona State and was a finalist last year. He committed to ASU when we got the commitment from Kerk. The Andrews brothers were at NEO and one ended up being a multi-year starter at Wyoming that would've been ok for us. Wyatt Hendrickson was in the Kerk class from Kansas. Probably could've swayed him from USAFA if we hadn't been committed to Kerkvliet. Kerkvliet flipped late and went to Ohio State, and then halfway through his freshman year at Ohio State he transfers to Penn State. We put too much faith in a flake...

Ferrari has nothing to do with it. And, again, getting the Ferraris out of the program is a short term pain for long term gain. I can't go into detail on why, but trust me. It's very good.

Witcraft with a double leg takedown in sudden victory. He has actually shown some moments of looking like a college wrestler in this tournament. Very proud of the way he wrestled this weekend.

He was an NCAA qualifier in 2020 so he has proven to be a pretty decent NCAA wrestler before this tournament.

Sheets earns an at-large bid, so we will be sending all 10 wrestlers to nationals. Hopefully Carter is ok and can go, but the brace and heavy limp were not promising.

He was an NCAA qualifier in 2020 so he has proven to be a pretty decent NCAA wrestler before this tournament.
1-5 since breaking into the lineup at 125. Hadn't done anything this year to look like an NCAA qualifier, and really, since 2020. So, I reiterate, very proud of the way he wrestled in the tournament. He really came through.

Sheets earns an at-large bid, so we will be sending all 10 wrestlers to nationals. Hopefully Carter is ok and can go, but the brace and heavy limp were not promising.
Happy for Sheets. His dad is my all-time favorite wrestler. Dropped down a weight once in high school just to wrestle Kenny Monday. Just plain mean.

The 2023 class is going to be #1 in the country.

We have the #4 guy in the class in Christian Carroll. The #6 guy in Braydon Thompson. The #20 guy in Cael Hughes. All three are going to be excellent contriutors for our team.
Isn't Carroll Flo's #1 pound for pound?

I didn't say that it wasn't a good thing that Ferrari is gone. Who Ferrari is personally is one thing. What the absence of talent like his does to the lineup is another.

Flowrestling Pound for Pound
1. Christian Carroll
3. Brayden Thompson

1. Cael Hughes

8. AJ Heeg

We look like we'll be loaded in a couple of years.

How is this wrong on so many levels? Are you saying AJ and Kirk wouldn’t have made the finals? Find that hard to believe…with those two we would have easily won big 12 and had a shot at NCAA if Mastro was right…

everyone agrees AJ the person stinks. But AJ the wrestler was really really good…Kirk too. We can be happy the personality is gone and understand we’d score more points with him in the lineup…

Back