[Texas Bowl] Official Game Thread: Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State

This game has turned into a no win situation. We win, congrats you lost to a depleted team. We lose, haha you lost to a bunch of back ups.
This is pretty much every non-CFP bowl game these days. So many players are opting out for various reasons, its just making the whole thing a post-season exhibition game with less and less meaning. I guess bowl owners, networks, and schools are somehow still profiting off of it, but I wonder for how much longer....? Obviously this isn't just an issue for OSU.

I understand we get money, extra practices, fans get to party outside of Stillwater, etc... I just think the games are becoming less and less meaningful due to the biggest players opting out.

This is pretty much every non-CFP bowl game these days. So many players are opting out for various reasons, its just making the whole thing a post-season exhibition game with less and less meaning. I guess bowl owners, networks, and schools are somehow still profiting off of it, but I wonder for how much longer....? Obviously this isn't just an issue for OSU.

I understand we get money, extra practices, fans get to party outside of Stillwater, etc... I just think the games are becoming less and less meaningful due to the biggest players opting out.
Gundy likes bowls in Texas because it is our prime recruiting area.

I guess any game has as much or as little value as one cares to assign it. Personally, I’m happy to get another crack at A&M. That rivalry would be front and center if they hadn’t bolted for the SEC.

I guess any game has as much or as little value as one cares to assign it. Personally, I’m happy to get another crack at A&M. That rivalry would be front and center if they hadn’t bolted for the SEC.
Y'all shoulda bolted with us. I mean we only joined the SEC because UT had destabilized the Big12 by running off Nebraska, pulling the carpet out from under Colorado, and then lying to the remaining Big12 members about LHN content. It was only a matter of time before they got jealous of another conference's payouts and left.

Sorry for derailing the thread. Back to the regularly scheduled content.

We're gonna whup on y'all so bad you're gonna join the Sun Belt!
Y'all gonna become Tulsa fans after this massacre!
You're gonna be reduced to begging blOwU to beat us in the SEC Championship game next year after we kick the stuffing outta y'all.
We're gonna beat you so bad that you change your name back to Oklahoma A&M just as tribute!

Editor's Note: These things may or may not occur.

Y'all shoulda bolted with us. I mean we only joined the SEC because UT had destabilized the Big12 by running off Nebraska, pulling the carpet out from under Colorado, and then lying to the remaining Big12 members about LHN content. It was only a matter of time before they got jealous of another conference's payouts and left.

You're gonna be reduced to begging blOwU to beat us in the SEC Championship game next year after we kick the stuffing outta y'all.
We're gonna beat you so bad that you change your name back to Oklahoma A&M just as tribute!

No, if that happens we will copy the taco breaths and become Oklahoma Tech

Sarcastic Uh Huh GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

IMG_2697.jpeg

It looks like our game will start on time. WVU has made mincemeat of North Carolina. 30-10 with a minute to go and WVU has the ball.

Back