Sunday Morning Coaches Week 4: Stranded in Iowa edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundy doesn’t know who a progression is. If he were the permanent quarterback against quality teams, the interceptions would be off the charts. He stares down his primary receiver, and either forces the ball in or takes off running. He cannot quickly go through progressions and does not look at any other alternative receivers.
Exactly. Those who have been calling for him, do not understand football. He is not a Power 5 caliber qb.

I'm surprised Kelly didn't get fired. I guess going to the national title game a couple seasons before bought him a little time. Patterson, I think, just had a short adjustment to the Big 12. It's interesting that those two a dip and then success. I still can't think of any coaches who went on to have success (at same school) after having had the wheels completely fall off the bus. That's why the end of last season and how this season is looking is so concerning. Even Gundy fans have to realize that coaches don't recover from 2 or 3 win seasons. The administration has to realize this too. Unfortunately, that insane contract is going to hurt OSU. That's why I think it was a huge mistake to keep the automatic rollover after last season. The admin should have notified him they were stopping it. Gundy still would've had a 4 year deal. If this season was a rebound, they could always add a year back. There was no need to worry about him going somewhere else. That time has already passed.
No evidence suggested that this season could be a rebound despite what the Kool Aid drinkers stated over the summer. We were floundering before NIL, but now we're sliding down the hill quickly. Gundy needs to either make massive changes to his approach to incorporate NIL+Transfer, or we're gonna get left way behind really quickly.

Like it or not, the landscape has changed. We need to evolve or die. I get the sense Gundy has no interest in evolving.

No evidence suggested that this season could be a rebound despite what the Kool Aid drinkers stated over the summer. We were floundering before NIL, but now we're sliding down the hill quickly. Gundy needs to either make massive changes to his approach to incorporate NIL+Transfer, or we're gonna get left way behind really quickly.

Like it or not, the landscape has changed. We need to evolve or die. I get the sense Gundy has no interest in evolving.

I keep hearing this but please explain to me how Gundy can incorporate NIL. Schools can’t pay athletes directly, so NIL can’t be used as a recruiting tool and no NIL deals can be promised during recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back