Sanders in for Ole Miss

Look, I totally understand having some hard feelings towards a former player given their less than graceful exit, especially if you're heavily invested in OSU football, but let's at least have some class.
Funny, you want us to have some class, but you fail to understand how a classless exit might generate some hard feelings. I said it before and will say it again, in this world of NIL I don't blame a kid for grabbing the cash with both hands and making a stash, cream get the money, dolla dolla bill y'all. But don't say and do negative shit on your way out the door and for gawd's sake don't go 77 miles to the South. If you do either of those things then you become the enemy. Period. Just leave and I'll wish you well, God bless you and be on your way. Because Proud and Immortal, Loyal and True. I bleed orange forever. Ride with Pride! Go Pokes!

Period.

When you say I am classless maybe you are right. If I have been harsh in my discussion posts about a semi-professional athlete that tried to burn down a program I am wrong I guess. Your constant chirping, bitching and moaning about Gundy is equally classless. Fortunately for all involved your insults or downgrading have about the same level of skill and insight as your football knowledge base.
You do you, bro.

I’m okay with whatever feelings Andy has about the kid that he’s expressed on the message board.

I will say that nothing in that post is particular vitriolic or hateful. It also actually makes some valid points about loyalty and respect being a two way street between players and fans. Is it a little over the top for my tastes? Sure. Do I feel the same way he does? Not really.

In the end though they’re his feelings, and he’s responsible for them. I’m not….you’re not…only Andy.

What I think is truly weird and obsessive is your insistence that you are somehow qualified to pass judgment over someone else’s feelings as if you have some kind of moral authority to deem what feelings are acceptable and which ones aren’t.

You continue to do so with Andy’s feelings and did it with my post as well….not that IGAF about what you think about my feelings be it positive or negative.

That’s what’s weird to me in this whole thing.
Out of all the people on this site, you are the one lamenting a person passing judgment... The irony is breathtaking.

Stellar? He was never stellar.

At his best at OSU with good talent, he was also good….never stellar.

“Allegedly left a bit immaturely”?

Lol.

Invalid obnoxious points you’re trying to make here.

Rejected.
Screenshot 2023-12-22 10.07.44 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-22 10.08.29 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-22 10.09.54 AM.png

He wasn't stellar the entire season. He was more of a game manager; he had his games though. Mind you he was dealing with the offensive whiz kid as OC - I don't think Caleb Williams could thrive in an Kasey Dunn offense.

View attachment 2870View attachment 2871View attachment 2872

He wasn't stellar the entire season. He was more of a game manager; he had his games though. Mind you he was dealing with the offensive whiz kid as OC - I don't think Caleb Williams could thrive in an Kasey Dunn offense.
He was never stellar. Three good games does not a stellar quarterback make.

When he's good in Dunn's offense you call him stellar and when he's bad in Dunn's offense, you blame Dunn for him being bad instead of you know....the supposedly stellar guy that didn't perform.

That is silly. Just ridiculously silly.

Out of all the people on this site, you are the one lamenting a person passing judgment... The irony is breathtaking.
Genius, how is he lamenting my feelings or his? Lamenting is sorrowful, are you implying he is sorrowful? Your use of English vocabulary is just about as sad as your knowledge of football.

By the way, Caleb Williams sucked in Lincoln Reilly’s offense this year. Maybe, just maybe, it isn’t always the coach.

Genius, how is he lamenting my feelings or his? Lamenting is sorrowful, are you implying he is sorrowful? Your use of English vocabulary is just about as sad as your knowledge of football.

By the way, Caleb Williams sucked in Lincoln Reilly’s offense this year. Maybe, just maybe, it isn’t always the coach.
Was trying to find a better word than "whining" or "bitching"... Funny that you focus on that instead of the real content of the post. Your post history indicates that you're scared to death of staying on topic, preferring instead to shift the focus when convenient.

But of course, you do you.

Was trying to find a better word than "whining" or "bitching"... Funny that you focus on that instead of the real content of the post. Your post history indicates that you're scared to death of staying on topic, preferring instead to shift the focus when convenient.

But of course, you do you.
No, I’m on topic. You know absolutely nothing about football while believing yourself to be an authority. You gnash your teeth about Gundy and Dunn while not wanting any player responsibility in their play or personal actions. Meanwhile, I would prefer responsibility for the coaches and their semi-pro players and I realize my knowledge of football is limited. See? A diametric opposition to your positions.

No, I’m on topic. You know absolutely nothing about football while believing yourself to be an authority. You gnash your teeth about Gundy and Dunn while not wanting any player responsibility in their play or personal actions. Meanwhile, I would prefer responsibility for the coaches and their semi-pro players and I realize my knowledge of football is limited. See? A diametric opposition to your positions.
Not wanting any player responsibility? Where have I said that?
Believing myself to be an authority? What? No. That is not close to the truth.

Are you capable of discourse without hyperbole?

If criticism is fair, then I do tend to be more critical of the multi-million dollar professional D1 coaches with decades of experience as opposed to a 18-22 year old college kid (with or without NIL deals), and I feel completely comfortable with that tendency.

I have opinions about our team just like you do. From one non-authority to another, your opinions can only be just as limited as mine, but that doesn't keep either one of us from sharing them. That's what a message board is. Welcome.

Considering you know so much about the inner workings of our football program and the lives of our players, it's even more sad that you do nothing but resort to tired and baseless ad hominem attacks instead of actually explaining your stance. Oh, whoopsie, there I go "MANSPLAINING" again.

Either give us some new and substantial information or shut your mouth. Hilarious to me that you point the finger at others for unjustifiably hating Gundy and Dunn when you are doing the EXACT SAME THING toward SS. Despite everybody here agreeing with you on several aspects, you hold your breath and stick your fingers in your ears like a tantrum-throwing toddler and refuse to acknowledge anything.

But your posting history shows you won't offer anything of substance, you'll only continue like you've done thus far here. So I'll leave it alone and you can return to and enjoy your SS loathe-a-thon you blowhard.
Never said I know the inner workings of OSU fb’s program but I do know that there are issues that are present with this individual. How I know is none of your business. I’m sick of you guys laying that on Gundy and Dunn when it wasn’t their fault. Now you may take that answer or not, totally your choice.

Leaving Dunn as the OC was burning the house down.

We also had a personnel problem and lack of battle tested offensive lineman and running backs in 2022.

People expected Spencer Sanders to just fix everything. We have a good cook , no chef’s recipe, and ingredients that weren’t ready and he acted out.

Around the Boise game in 2021 he evolved from primadona qb to a legit captain- having six year OL, an amazing defense and Jaylen Warren and Tay Martin helped.

In 2022, we had multiple problems that were smoke and mirrors on the start and he couldn’t stay healthy and couldn’t take a lot of the people having unreasonable expectations.

I’m happy if he got money. He’s an enigma. Talented but it’s not a black/white issue - Don’t make him out to be Osama Bin Laden just because he acts like a 20 year old.

I wish him nothing but the best, just like I do all the players that sacrifice their body for my enthusiasm and entertainment as an OSU grad
He is 24 now so he was 23 a year ago, not a 20 year old.

There’s genuinely no reason to act weird when a player transfers out.

You do realize players transfer in to right?

Tay Martin, Allen Bowman, Jaylen Warren. Leon Johnson III,

The portal gives us an opportunity to upgrade a position.

You do realize that scholarships are only one year commitments, and committing to a school doesn’t make a player the school’s property. Right?

Scholarship students have always been available to schools that may be a better fit; Why treat athletes weird?
It's not that he transferred. It's how he did it.

In my opinion, he would have been a better team this year had he stayed. He would have improved, as players do, and would have given us a better record. That's all speculation, of course. I don't know why he left. It all seemed childish and strange. But what are you gonna do.

I've heard so many times that SS (and Mason, by the way) aren't NFL QBs. That's speculation too. You never know how well a college QB can improve to play in the pros (Jalen Hurts) or keep working and find themselves in a position to play (Mason Rudolph). I think SS had a chance.

Last edited:
It's not that he transferred. It's how he did it.

In my opinion, he would have been a better team this year had he stayed. He would have improved, as players do, and would have given us a better record. That's all speculation, of course. I don't know why he left. It all seemed childish and strange. But what are you gonna do.

I've heard so many times that SS (and Mason, by the way) aren't NFL QBs. That's speculation too. You never know how well a college QB can improve to play in the pros (Jalen Hurts) or keep working and find themselves in a position to play (Mason Rudolph). I think SS had a chance.
I doubt he even has a shot at the pros.

Back